Page 82 of 170 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2541

Mid-jump or mid-point of the lightning/lasso riding thing is what I assume it is.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-01-2020 at 08:51 PM.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I guess nobody here has read the WW1984 plot leaks.
    If those leaks are truthful, let's just say that...I am very happy about what the ending of the film [finally] establishes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVhNCTH8pDs

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The pose could be full on flying or gliding on air currents. I think it's the latter, with the riding the lightning stuff being an expansion on it.

Visually, it has ended up way cooler than it sounds on paper.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Shazam fliys.

Superman flys.

Cyborg flys.

And....maybe if we are super lucky, Wonder Woman can either glide or ride lightning bolts. I guess she will have to check the weather channel constantly to know if she can get to a location under her own power or needs some kind of transportation to get there quickly. Hopefully the wind, if there is enough of it, is going the direction she needs to be at.

As usual, with respect to the DCEU and comics to a lesser degree, Wonder Woman continually gets the shaft in powers. Just rewatched Justice League on TBS and it was still as bad as the first time I saw it. I think the writers thought of the Justice League as cannon fodder to Superman instead of it being the parademons.

Why doesn't anyone ask Patty Jenkins the question that if she somehow glides/flys in her second solo movie which takes place before BvS and JL, then why she didn't do the same in those movies. And don't let her cop out by saying that those movies were independent of her universe. Ask her why the premier superheroine in the comic book world can't have her powers be accurately represented on screen! And if she glides, why did she take a power degrade from over 35 years ago as opposed to the present?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Just rewatched Justice League on TBS and it was still as bad as the first time I saw it. I think the writers thought of the Justice League as cannon fodder to Superman instead of it being the parademons.
    Thanks god that movie flopped hard

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Wonder Woman flies in the film, guys.
    Self-powered flight.
    You will all see.
    Nothing to worry about.

Incredible Member

At one point, weren't spoilers spoiler tagged in this thread?

Shazam fliys.

Superman flys.

Cyborg flys.

And....maybe if we are super lucky, Wonder Woman can either glide or ride lightning bolts. I guess she will have to check the weather channel constantly to know if she can get to a location under her own power or needs some kind of transportation to get there quickly. Hopefully the wind, if there is enough of it, is going the direction she needs to be at.

As usual, with respect to the DCEU and comics to a lesser degree, Wonder Woman continually gets the shaft in powers. Just rewatched Justice League on TBS and it was still as bad as the first time I saw it. I think the writers thought of the Justice League as cannon fodder to Superman instead of it being the parademons.

Why doesn't anyone ask Patty Jenkins the question that if she somehow glides/flys in her second solo movie which takes place before BvS and JL, then why she didn't do the same in those movies. And don't let her cop out by saying that those movies were independent of her universe. Ask her why the premier superheroine in the comic book world can't have her powers be accurately represented on screen! And if she glides, why did she take a power degrade from over 35 years ago as opposed to the present?
    That hypothetical answer wouldn't be that much of a cop out since it's a common sense response. Why do you care about continuity with movies that the studio is desperately trying to move away from? Those movies are not her problem, and they shouldn't be ours anymore if we're just watching the self contained Wonder Woman films.

Cyborg flew in one crappy movie and we'll very likely never see this version of him again. The spectacle of him flying was met with crickets (as was the entire movie) while Wonder Woman riding the lighting has received an overall positive or at least intrigued response.

Can't we all agree to just ignore BvS and JL until the end of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The people who hate them sure won't.

What I’ve been doing, only I throw in SS.

BvS is kino though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Can we just drop it and focus on the movie that is relevant to this thread please?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Justice League, while certainly a bad movie, still made close to 900 million worldwide at the box office. So I highly doubt people will just ignore a movie that they paid good money to see.

Thanks to TBS/TNT, they will be showing the so called 'crap' movies like BvS, JL and SS for a very long time. But, there is no disclaimer that the movie doesn't exist, or that Superman doesn't need his 'superbuddies' to help him out on these outings.

Justice League, while certainly a bad movie, still made close to 900 million worldwide at the box office. So I highly doubt people will just ignore a movie that they paid good money to see.

Thanks to TBS/TNT, they will be showing the so called 'crap' movies like BvS, JL and SS for a very long time. But, there is no disclaimer that the movie doesn't exist, or that Superman doesn't need his 'superbuddies' to help him out on these outings.
    They are happy to forget it or not rewatch if they didn't enjoy the experience.

Seriously, this movie and this thread are not about them. Places like this only make up a very small percentage of the viewing audience, and the vast majority of the audience are not going to be making a stink over any contradictions because they have other things to worry about.

If she flies/glides in this but not in JL, just say "a wizard did it" and move on.