Page 9 of 170 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It's a first look for a scene, so I'm not too upset about it.

While cheetah print definitely is 80s appropriate pattern in terms of clothing options, I hope that Barbara isn't adorned in too much of it as some sort of foreshadowing.
    Maybe if there's a Halloween or Pride scene, she could be decked out in animal print? But if she's a more serious Indiana Jones type, she probably wouldn't be too done-up or stylish in her day to day. Probably a more down to Earth look. Even frumpish.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-21-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Wow, didn't expect that kind of look. Thought it was going to be more classy? Idk. Still open minded.
    She looks like a hillbilly, certainly different than I imagined, I'm a bit worried now. Also "lassoing the wind", get out

I like the Dr Psycho/Maxwell Lord theories about Steve Trevor, but my first reaction was thinking back to Diana seeing 'his watch's on Themyscira in the first film. It was (or at least seemed to be) a glowing blue water on a magical island. Prolonged life, and amnesia after the plane exploded that Diana will fix with her lasso is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    She looks like a hillbilly, certainly different than I imagined, I'm a bit worried now. Also "lassoing the wind", get out
    Nah. She looks like a very typical woman in 1984, with a pastel tank, sneakers, mom jeans and arguably bad hair.

1984 LH.jpg

1984.jpg

1984 Jeans.jpg
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-21-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Nah. She looks like a very typical woman in 1984, with a pastel tank, sneakers, mom jeans and arguably bad hair.
    She looks like a suburban mom in the 80's, Barbara is an upper class college-educated woman with 2 PhDs though isn't she

She looks like a suburban mom in the 80's, Barbara is an upper class college-educated woman with 2 PhDs though isn't she
    Yeah, something like that. But in the most recent run, Barbara was super low key with her fashion. She could be someone who doesn't care about appearance, because work is more important... something like that. Which would be interesting paired with Gal's easy, and somewhat unintended beauty and glamour. Like Barbara is less glamour, and in the field, on digs, getting her hands dirty, and Diana is more the fancy, poised, museum curator.

But, I could be way off. It puts me a bit in mind of Formicida from the Lynda Carter TV show though.

Yeah, something like that. But in the most recent run, Barbara was super low key with her fashion. She could be someone who doesn't care about appearance, because work is more important... something like that. Which would be interesting paired with Gal's easy, and somewhat unintended beauty and glamour. Like Barbara is less glamour, and in the field, on digs, getting her hands dirty, and Diana is more the fancy, poised, museum curator.

But, I could be way off. It puts me a bit in mind of Formicida from the Lynda Carter TV show though.
    She doesn't give off that vibe but I guess we need to wait and see

1984 LH.jpg

1984.jpg

1984 Jeans.jpg
    If they are playing up her archeologist background, it would also make sense that she wouldn't be all dressed up...she'd be in casual mode to get her hands dirty.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    A pretty renowned prosthetics artist, David Malinowski, joined the crew for WW 1984. Could this mean they're going traditional makeup with Cheetah?
    Fingers crossed! I'm fine with CGI additions to "sell" Cheetah's speed, but I'd prefer Cheetah's actual appearance to be all costuming and prosthetics. Well, maybe a CGI tail if they can't get quality puppeteering for that (without intruding upon the scene being filmed).

No more CGI bodies crashing into each other over and over like a video game cut-scene please!

Incredible Member

Looks okay to me - very standard for the 80s (judging from photos of my mum when she was younger).

I wouldn't have minded a little more sophistication to help "sell" Barbara's impressive education and intellect. But, she's still dressed "neatly" for the time and I guess they want to differentiate her from Diana as much as possible (i.e. brunette v blonde, fashionista v casual dresser).

New info:

https://twitter.com/WonderWomanHQ/st...1520702656512: "Wonder Woman 1984 will shoot in the Canary Island of Fuerteventura late this summer and are looking for 2000 extras (mostly women of athletic build). Amazons? #WW84"

https://twitter.com/WonderWomanHQ/st...9591163248641: Confirmed locations for WW84 shooting

Yes! Thank you! My problem isn't so much with the cliched 80's fashion, is that it doesn't fit the character or her station.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    New info:

https://twitter.com/WonderWomanHQ/st...01520702656512 "Wonder Woman 1984 will shoot in the Canary Island of Fuerteventura late this summer and are looking for 2000 extras (mostly women of athletic build). Amazons? #WW84"

https://twitter.com/WonderWomanHQ/st...49591163248641 Confirmed locations for WW84 shooting
    It looks like we'll see again Themyscira/Paradise Island.

Incredible Member

I'm very happy about the apparent return to Themyscira (whether in "1984" or some kind of flashback).

IF we do see Themyscira in 1984, then I hope that Patty Jenkins doesn't feel bound by Justice League's representation of "modern" Amazons and that she feels free to clearly demonstrate that the Amazons made scientific, technological and military advancements after the invasion of Themyscira during WW1 by reverse engineering and improving upon the guns, artillery, battleships of the Germans and Steve Trevor's plane.