Page 93 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2541
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Altering his voice when in the armor probably would have also helped.
    Yeah that could have helped. Even so, his voice was ok for the most part. Thewlis worked really well as an unassuming mortal disguise and he could still even have voiced the character. But they needed a bigger dude to wear full Ares costume and he should have not had his face visible through the helmet. Just two red eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    After seeing Cats earlier this year, I was worried about how Cheetah would turn out but she did not disappoint. I'm really excited for this movie!
    Despite seemingly mostly positive reactions to her, I'm still seeing some unfavorable comparisons to CATS pop up. All I can say, after watching that bizarre trainwreck last night, they are far off the mark. Even if the CGI isn't perfect, she leaves that monstrosity in the dust.

At least she's supposed to be creepy and uncanny valley, but somehow cat Rebel Wilson and mice children are far more horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah that could have helped. Even so, his voice was ok for the most part. Thewlis worked really well as an unassuming mortal disguise and he could still even have voiced the character. But they needed a bigger dude to wear full Ares costume and he should have not had his face visible through the helmet. Just two red eyes.

Despite seemingly mostly positive reactions to her, I'm still seeing some unfavorable comparisons to CATS pop up. All I can say, after watching that bizarre trainwreck last night, they are far off the mark. Even if the CGI isn't perfect, she leaves that monstrosity in the dust.
    Yeah, especially since they got pretty close in the exposition scene with Perez-like armor.

But at least they seem to be doing better with Cheetah, arguably the more important one to get right, from what's been seen.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I feel like the CGI third act fight is going to be the weakest part of the movie like in the first one, though Cheetah at least looks better than Ares from what I can see.
    Why? There is nothing in the trailer to suggest the third act fight will be weak.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm predicting this will be a "Frozen II" in that it's a sequel to a popular film that, while not widely hated, will generate a LOT of discussion due to the impact the first one made.

(Not that there aren't people who hate Frozen II, I just mean that opinions are all over the place with that film.)
    So far i have seen more positive comments than bad ones about WW84.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Yeah, especially since they got pretty close in the exposition scene with Perez-like armor.

But at least they seem to be doing better with Cheetah, arguably the more important one to get right, from what's been seen.

This gives me a glimmer of hope that perhaps after seeing this movie, the general public(along with comic creators) will finally perceive Cheetah as a credible threat for Wonder Woman, Superman, & other DC powerhouses.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

This gives me a glimmer of hope that perhaps after seeing this movie, the general public(along with comic creators) will finally perceive Cheetah as a credible threat for Wonder Woman, Superman, & other DC powerhouses.
    I'd hope so as well but the comics not doing much to follow up on the first movie's success leads me with low expectations on that front.

I'd hope so as well but the comics not doing much to follow up on the first movie's success leads me with low expectations on that front.
    This does seem to be doing Cheetah the justice she's needed for years in media. They're also really emphasizing the rivalry between her and Diana, which helps sell the archenemy dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Why? There is nothing in the trailer to suggest the third act fight will be weak.
    It suggests yet another CGI fight which makes it weak by default. I dislike CGI fights in general, especially when they take place at night for the obvious reason of making the CG look less noticable.

It suggests yet another CGI fight which makes it weak by default. I dislike CGI fights in general, especially when they take place at night for the obvious reason of making the CG look less noticable.
    It doesn't suggest that based on what was shown. And cgi fights can be done in great ways too.

Incredible Member

I wasn't sure I would like the "blonde" Cheetah look but it's actually pretty sexy. Still love the orange fur though....

A new statuette of Cheetah and Diana:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sup...heetah-yet/amp
    Not a fan of this look, tbh. The face is too human, makes her look more like a vampire or a zombie. And where are the spots? I miss the red hair as well.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Yeah, that's true. After the first movie, I thought we'd see Dr. Poison given a major role in the comics and..........nothing.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

CGI fights are almost entirely unavoidable with characters like this.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I like this look a lot but the scene is very dark and Cheetah blends with the background, you almost can’t even see her. It’s like she’s camouflaged which may or may not be by design, I'm leaning towards not. If they use the lights and the glowing lasso to good effect, it could look really cool though

I also hope Cheetah moves in bursts of speed, that seems like such an obvious thing to do. it’s a cheap and easy way to avoid shoddy CGI and makes all the sense in the world for Cheetah

A new statuette of Cheetah and Diana:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sup...heetah-yet/amp
    Not a fan of this look, tbh. The face is too human, makes her look more like a vampire or a zombie. And where are the spots? I miss the red hair as well.
    She looks absolutely fierce to me, and her charging at Diana with Diana prepared for battle looks so iconic .