Page 97 of 170 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2541

the thing that worries me about this movie is Cheetah.. She doesn't look impressive in the trailer, imo. The weird thing is they've had plenty of time to do the look.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    the thing that worries me about this movie is Cheetah.. She doesn't look impressive in the trailer, imo. The weird thing is they've had plenty of time to do the look.
    I think she looks good, only thing I'm not big on is the blonde hair but that's probably just because I'm used to red or no hair on the Barbara anthropomorphized Cheetah.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-23-2020 at 01:41 PM. Reason: added a word

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I she looks good, only thing I'm not big on is the blonde hair but that's probably just because I'm used to red or no hair on the Barbara anthropomorphized Cheetah.
    well, I think the images and scenes are not clear enough to really judge..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I agree. But, Patty Jenkins and the actors have talked about a heightened reliance on practical effects, so I can only hope that we get a good chunk of screen time spent with Kirsten Wiig in full makeup and prosthetics as Cheetah and a minimal amount of screen time with the ... not awesome looking CGI model spotted in the trailer. Failing that, hopefully Wiig makes a strong enough impression as Barbara pre-transformation that the CGI Cheetah doesn't detract too much from the character and her story.

Spectacular Member

The new Revlon feature thingy showed new footage & dialog between diana & barbara. Anyone see it?

Incredible Member

I know some people on the internet are saying they are just ready for this movie to release already, and while I share some of that sentiment, I still hope they move this to June of 2021. I want a third Wonder Woman film, and I don't want financial underperformance as a result of covid to be a reason why we can't see a trilogy for Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

There are rumors - started by Grace Randolph, so grain of salt and all - that they will do a simultaneous theatrical and streaming release for Christmas. While a large percentage of me hates that idea, I've also come to peace with that as a prospect. It almost does make sense that during the dead of winter when people are presumably gathered and with their families but may be hesitant to leave the house for one reason or another, a streaming release at $30 could actually be successful. Not the preferred way I would want to see the film, but I've aleady decided my snacks, drinks and meal if that's the case.

Anyway, just needed to get that out. I'm so excited for Wonder Woman 1984 whenver and however we get it. Can't wait to see Wonder Woman, Steve, Cheetah and Maxwell Lord on the big or no so big screen in the upcoming months.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I know some people on the internet are saying they are just ready for this movie to release already, and while I share some of that sentiment, I still hope they move this to June of 2021. I want a third Wonder Woman film, and I don't want financial underperformance as a result of covid to be a reason why we can't see a trilogy for Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.
    This is a concern for me as well, though I would hope that the studio wouldn't hold it against any film too much for underperforming during this entire situation

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    There are rumors - started by Grace Randolph, so grain of salt and all - that they will do a simultaneous theatrical and streaming release for Christmas.
    Sounds good to me. I'd pay to watch it (at home) on Boxing Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Sounds good to me. I'd pay to watch it (at home) on Boxing Day.
    Patty has reiterated that WW84 will not go straight to streaming but will have a full theatrical release.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/w...le-1234797235/

The director — who assured that a straight-to-VOD play for her film isn’t being considered by Warner Bros. — said big action films like the “Wonder Woman” franchise wouldn’t be as prevalent on streaming sites due to their sheer scale, and audiences would ultimately lose out on the big-screen experience.

Interesting, Gadot and Jenkins are working together for a cleopatra biopic
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...mount-pictures

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Interesting, Gadot and Jenkins are working together for a cleopatra biopic
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...mount-pictures
    I hope that the already-in-progress anti-Gal hatred (for Gadot daring to play a real-life woman that many people erroneously think was black) does not impact the future of the WW film franchise...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I hope that the already-in-progress anti-Gal hatred (for Gadot daring to play a real-life woman that many people erroneously think was black) does not impact the future of the WW film franchise...
    Eh, give it a week and they'll be on to something else.

Let's stay on topic, folks. The history of Cleopatra films isn't relevant to WW84.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Wonder Woman 1984’: Warner Bros. Mulls January HBO Max Release or Delay to Summer 2021

Six weeks before “Wonder Woman 1984” is scheduled to open in theaters on Christmas, Warner Bros. execs are considering whether to push the highly anticipated superhero sequel to the summer of 2021, or keep the movie on its Dec. 25 theatrical debut and then put it on the HBO Max streaming service in early January, according to sources with knowledge of the plans.

The fate of the highly anticipated superhero film has been in limbo since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit in March, pushing the film’s theatrical release from June 5 to Aug. 14, then to Oct. 2, and finally to Dec. 25. But with COVID-19 cases spiking at alarming rates across the country, Warner Bros. is facing the the specter of another widespread shutdown, especially in major urban areas that drive the vast majority of the theatrical business. A cursory theatrical release could still support exhibitors on the knife’s edge of collapse, while also boosting subscriber growth for HBO Max, which has struggled to build an audience large enough to compete against Netflix, Amazon, and Disney Plus.

In its third quarter, WarnerMedia reported that HBO Max had 8.6 million total activations, with 38 millions subscribers to HBO and HBO Max combined. While that exceeded expectations for the year, HBO Max still trails its competitors by considerable margins. Placing a triple-A blockbuster like “Wonder Woman 1984” would be the biggest draw yet for the service, which hasn’t had a hit on par with “Hamilton” for Disney Plus or “The Old Guard” for Netflix. Considering that Disney’s stock price went up on Thursday after announcing 73 million Disney Plus subscribers through Q4 — despite also reporting a $710 million loss — it seems prudent for WarnerMedia to be laser-focused on driving growth for HBO Max.

“Wonder Woman 1984,” however, was supposed to be a billion-dollar grossing global sensation; any theatrical release next month would pale in comparison, a lesson the studio already learned the hard way with “Tenet.” With news that a COVID vaccine could be ready to disseminate through the first half of 2021, Warner Bros. brass are still considering pushing “Wonder Woman 1984” back into a summer release date, possibly in June (bumping a New Line Cinema horror title) or July (bumping the new “Space Jam” movie with LeBron James).

Pushing the theatrical release yet again was always a possibility for “WW84.” In a September interview with Variety about “WW84” costar Pedro Pascal, co-writer-director Patty Jenkins made clear that COVID was ultimately driving her movie’s fate.

“I don’t think anybody can be confident of anything right now,” Jenkins said. “We just don’t know what the course of COVID is going to be like.”

One thing that is pretty clear is that “WW84” will not skip theaters entirely. Jenkins has made no secret that she designed her movie for a big screen and feels strongly that it deserves to be seen there. And while a Warner Bros. representative declined to comment on “speculation” regarding the future of “WW84,” they did have one clear statement: “‘WW84’ will be in theaters.”

Bloomberg first reported the possibility of an HBO Max release for “WW84.”

Source: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/w...21-1234830975/

Well, I guess an HBO Max release in January would make a nice belated Christmas gift.