Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default Marvel Two in One Annual #1 WITH SPOILERS

Since there's a lot to discuss about this annual, I thought I'd start a separate thread with a spoiler warning.

Briefly, it's very Doom-centric and it's worth noting a few quotes from an interview: Chip Zdarsky goes inside Doctor Doom's mind

Nrama: One of the big questions asked in this annual and your 2-In-One run so far has been about Doom’s motivations and the dichotomy of his hatred for Richards versus his growing altruism. Now that Doom no longer wants to be a god, what does he want?

Zdarsky: He’s redefining himself as he goes, it’s all part of the process. This Annual and issue seven of our main series precede Invincible Iron Man #600, and I think Brian Michael Bendis and I have been trying to evolve what his goals are, and whether or not they’re worth the pain that goes along with playing the “hero.” All of it leads into the new Fantastic Four series, and where Dan goes with the character. A lot of the fun of this book has been finding out Dan’s FF plans and helping to tee up certain aspects of it.

As expected, what Zdarsky and Bendis have been doing in their recent books depends somewhat on what Slott's plans are. What I find a bit strange is not only did Reed do a soft erase some of Doom's memories about their final fight but he chooses to leave Ben and Johnny in the dark about his whereabouts and that of the kids and Sue. Does Reed actually think this is going to end up well?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-14-2018 at 09:11 AM.