Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    That Fantastic Four is his comic. There's nothing elitist about Reed. You're thinking of Doom.
    This. He doesn't need one because most of the time the Fantastic Four is "the Reed show!".
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    That Fantastic Four is his comic. There's nothing elitist about Reed. You're thinking of Doom.
    Not the same thing as a solo book.

Reeds elitist in that he made the agenda for the Illuminati to collect the Infinity Stones, and tried to use them, to destroy the stones. He resolved he knew better than everyone else by creating psychohistory and basing his Civil War on that. He created a convention of scientists so he could be their aspiration. He created the council of Reeds at some iteration of himself. The guy is distracted by how he decides he is the best man to come up with the answers. Sue Richards whole basis for walking out on Reed is because the man can’t come out of his lab to be with his family.

I know it’s critical of Reed, but ANAD is his concoction, and he can’t help but make it the mess it’s become, because of his insistence to interfere in it. Reed had manipulated Doom, as in the 2 in 1 annual, and Val, his daughter, has a hand in Avengers and maybe the Captain America book as well. The Richards influence on ANAD is just starting to come to light as their book is about to launch. Where did these 1 million year Avengers come from and why? I wouldn’t say it’s absurd, because it’s storytelling, but it sure is a way out there retcon like the Illuminati. (And I’m not sure if the Illuminati aren’t a Wanda retcon either, because they only showed up after Avengers Disassembled). So reality manipulation isn’t out of the question for Reed. He has the power of the Beyonders. And he knows best.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-02-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

Reeds elitist in that he made the agenda for the Illuminati to collect the Infinity Stones, and tried to use them, to destroy the stones. He resolved he knew better than everyone else by creating psychohistory and basing his Civil War on that. He created a convention of scientists so he could be their aspiration. He created the council of Reeds at some iteration of himself. The guy is distracted by how he decides he is the best man to come up with the answers. Sue Richards whole basis for walking out on Reed is because the man can’t come out of his lab to be with his family.
    you need to reread Marvel Knights 4. having a plan doesn't make him an elitist. he's actually humble enough to look up to Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post

I know it’s critical of Reed, but ANAD is his concoction, and he can’t help but make it the mess it’s become, because of his insistence to interfere in it. Reed had manipulated Doom, as in the 2 in 1 annual, and Val, his daughter, has a hand in Avengers and maybe the Captain America book as well. The Richards influence on ANAD is just starting to come to light as their book is about to launch. Where did these 1 million year Avengers come from and why? I wouldn’t say it’s absurd, because it’s storytelling, but it sure is a way out there retcon like the Illuminati. (And I’m not sure if the Illuminati aren’t a Wanda retcon either, because they only showed up after Avengers Disassembled). So reality manipulation isn’t out of the question for Reed. He has the power of the Beyonders. And he knows best.
    I think you are falsely and unfairly attributing blame on Reed. The new Marvel universe has had zero interference from Reed and the kids, all the problem it has had like with Civil War 2 and Secret Empire has 100% to do with those living on Earth. Reed, Franklin, and Molecule Man only recreate the Multiverse they don't interfere or control any aspect of it. That was the entire point of his fight with Doom. Doom had this death-grip over Battleworld and ruled it as a God, Reed has no aspirations of Godhood and only helps create new universes.
    The only thing he did was erase Doom'd memory of him being alive so that Doom could get over his obsession. And he was right. If Doom knew he was alive he would not have gone the direction he did being Infamous Iron Man and Doom knows that too.

Reed has nothing to do with what's going on, it's all on the people living there. You shouldn't falsely attribute blame to him just because he helped recreate the universe so that everyone could live. The actions of those in the universe are theirs alone.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think you are falsely and unfairly attributing blame on Reed. The new Marvel universe has had zero interference from Reed and the kids, all the problem it has had like with Civil War 2 and Secret Empire has 100% to do with those living on Earth. Reed, Franklin, and Molecule Man only recreate the Multiverse they don't interfere or control any aspect of it. That was the entire point of his fight with Doom. Doom had this death-grip over Battleworld and ruled it as a God, Reed has no aspirations of Godhood and only helps create new universes.
    The only thing he did was erase Doom'd memory of him being alive so that Doom could get over his obsession. And he was right. If Doom knew he was alive he would not have gone the direction he did being Infamous Iron Man and Doom knows that too.

Reed has nothing to do with what's going on, it's all on the people living there. You shouldn't falsely attribute blame to him just because he helped recreate the universe so that everyone could live. The actions of those in the universe are theirs alone.
    I originally thought Reed just created ANAD and left it alone, too. But once I saw that Reed did influence Doom to think Reed was dead, that’s manipulation. Doom should know the truth that Reed was alive, but Reed didn’t let him. That really makes Doom feel disrespected and duped, again. And why is Valeria following every book in Marvel Legacy, if all they did was make ANAD and leave it alone? To me, that’s storytelling the ANAD, like Val is telling that story, so you wonder what influence Val is having in controlling all of it? There used to be a “Storyteller” in the Carol Danvers book, and he kidnapped characters so he could tell stories he wanted to tell, which made Carol scold him to put everything back the way it was and return free will. Maybe you’re right and nothing is being manipulated. But just the action of setting ANAD up the way the Richards want it, is one form of manipulation anyway?

What else besides Doom thinking Reed was dead was shown in ANAD that was different to when the 616 Earth exploded? The Mutant virus; Pym became Ultron; Hulk was killable; Cosmic Cube shards turned into a little girl; Namor beheaded; lots of alternate universe inclusions in the ANAD, especially Miles Morales and his neighbourhood.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-07-2018 at 08:09 AM.