Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi
    LOL I hope Kitty gets pregnant.
    And then she can get parenting advice from Jubilee. Now wouldn't that be something else. Of course, this is assuming there wasn't any lasting damage from that time Kitty's reproductive system was infected by tiny Brood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    That might be the most interaction Jubes and Kurt have shared since Clinton’s first term.
    Well, other than Austen's run, they were rarely on the same team. Back in the day, when Jubes was with the X-Men, Kurt was off leading Excalibur. Then when Kurt came back to the home team, she was off in Massachusetts pursuing her education. Then after Gen X ended, Jubes was kind of in and out of the X-Men when she wasn't being depowered, leading failed super-teams and joining the ranks of the undead.

BANNED

Oh wow, I'm not instantly repelled by this issue. The art is great (Marquez is brilliant. Loved his Defenders run). The character interactions are lovable. I'm against the wedding, but I'm here for the X-Men. I think I'll get Gold #30

I'm liking the preview so far. I love the character interaction, the scene makes me fill all giddy; wish there were some changes to the roster for each team later down the line (hopefully, each character stays in one book and only guest star).

This is actually quite nice! I’m astounded that this is so well done. Astonishing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    resurrected characters are generally treated as if they had aged while being dead. otherwise adult Jean would be in the generation of Kitty
    Not quite that young but Jean would be younger than Bobby. Then again she also gained a decade in the future raising Nathan so maybe she should be the oldest O5er technically.

Just seeing Nathan in the background of that one panel makes me happy. You’d think after Brolin crushed it as Cable in Deadpool 2 and it did so well at the box office they might do something with him. Put him on an X-team or something. *sigh*

Beautiful art.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This preview is the first time I've actually looked at Gold and I've gotta ask: Is it usually like this? Because I've been seeing people complain about this book as if it's the worst book out there for awhile and I don't think this is bad at all. Pretty fun and sweet if you ask me.
    It was bad at the beginning not anymore at all. But some people like to keep saying it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

I didn’t hate it. Just lost interest. With Logan gone, Storm and Nightcrawler doing double duty (and far more interesting duty in Red) I stopped buying it. They need to revamp it, starting with the cast. Would love to see Cable (obviously) interacting with Rachel, so he’d be a solid add in my view. Throw in Rogue, and maybe someone random like Shatterstar and this could be a fun book. Kitty, Colossus, Rachel, Cable, Rogue and Shatterstar? Sold. Hell, maybe adult Iceman too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    It was bad in the beginning not anymore at all. But some people like to keep saying it.
    It's still bad. I've enjoyed maybe 3 issues out of 30? The dialogue makes me cringe and the narrative is lazy and unoriginal. I'm confident a number of people are sick of Mary Sue Kitty Pryde and her relationship with Piotr being the big plot the entire book has centered on. The rest of the cast have been shafted- somebody is always unconscious and the only time Storm gets a story relies on her getting back Stormcaster, and Rachel becomes a hound again. Even the villains have been recycled. And the only original villain of the series (whose name was changed from Kleevus to Kologoth) was a gay space nazi- I mean wtf. And when the book finally changed things up, with the new team, they used Ink and a new Pyro rather than all the other great mutant characters available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    With Logan gone, Storm and Nightcrawler doing double duty (and far more interesting duty in Red) I stopped buying it. They need to revamp it, starting with the cast. Would love to see Cable (obviously) interacting with Rachel, so he’d be a solid add in my view. Throw in Rogue, and maybe someone random like Shatterstar and this could be a fun book. Kitty, Colossus, Rachel, Cable, Rogue and Shatterstar? Sold. Hell, maybe adult Iceman too.
    If Guggenheim is writing then I can't see the quality getting much better. Obviously some are still enjoying his work, but for me at least, a new cast won't fix his ability as a writer. And would you really want Cable taking orders from Kitty? Anyways, IF the book got a revamp w/ a new writer, then my ideal Gold cast would be: Rogue, Iceman, Cannonball & Jubilee. Then some combination of Justice, Prestige, Firestar, Northstar, Chamber, Dust, Rockslide, Armor & Pixie.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

@King_Thor 13: Maybe, just maybe you should stop buying Gold if you hate it that much.

But there are many who disagree with you as well.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

BANNED

Glad to know that the artist in the most important event in recent X-Men history is good!

I like the art and hopefully,the rest of the story.

BANNED

@King_Thor 13: Maybe, just maybe you should stop buying Gold if you hate it that much.

I don't agree with them, I think Gold is better than Red.

There are not too many surprises in Gold but they are still heart-warming issues with great human interaction.

Furthermore, the art is much better than Red and Blue.

BANNED

I stopped buying X-Men Gold a long time ago as I’m not gonna support a book I don’t like. I still read the issues once my roommate has finished with them, in order to keep up with the overall story b/c it’s important in relation to other titles and to follow story lines for Nightcrawler & Storm. I’m not preaching my opinion as gospel, just voicing a recognition that many here aren’t fond of Guggenheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This preview is the first time I've actually looked at Gold and I've gotta ask: Is it usually like this? Because I've been seeing people complain about this book as if it's the worst book out there for awhile and I don't think this is bad at all. Pretty fun and sweet if you ask me.
    Its beter then exm and around the same quality as bendis his run in writing, bendis just had consistently good art propping his run up.