BANNED

Default DC should eliminate the position of CCO

The job makes no sense. It's a layer of counterproductive bureaucracy.

Movies, television and film are different animals. A person who is good at one won't always be good at the other two.

In fact, there shouldn't even be a CCO for any of those areas. Let alone for alll three.

Fantastic Member

Movies and film are two different animals?

If only so that Jim Lee doesn't get it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    He may have meant animation and live action, or it was a brain fart. It's early.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Yes, they're different. To use a baseball analogy, movies are home runs and television shows are singles.

For example, Steven Spielberg tried to do a television show and struck out badly.

You, of course, have a copy of the actual job description. Because those of us who only guess at what that position does lack the details to properly decide the appropriateness and viability of the position.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    You, of course, have a copy of the actual job description. Because those of us who only guess at what that position does lack the details to properly decide the appropriateness and viability of the position.
    Google is your friend.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-a-...officer-do.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_creative_officer
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-15-2018 at 12:00 PM.

So there are multiple multi-billion dollar companies with this post who find it necessary and then there's you who think it should be abolished. I'm going to go with the overwhelming and knowledgable majority here.

Rolling Stone's Gardening Editor. Sure, abolish it, but CCO I'm firmly behind.

BANNED

So there are multiple multi-billion dollar companies with this post who find it necessary and then there's you who think it should be abolished. I'm going to go with the overwhelming and knowledgable majority here.

On what planet has a gardening editor got to do with this?

If DC wants to pay a creative czar to oversee its comics, movies and television shows, then it's their money. But the last guy who did that job is doing something else.now, even though he did well as a comics writer, and there's probably a reason he got replaced as CCO. Maybe it's because he wasn't especially cut out to oversee movies.

Who is going to do a good job overseeing comics, movies AND television? Maybe a CCO is a good idea for Bic Pens, but DC Entertainment is not like Bic Pens.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-15-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    On what planet has a gardening editor got to do with this?
    This one, actually. I was citing a position that I would find OK to abolish. the idea behind this is that there are positions companies find necessary and those that aren't.

If DC wants to pay a creative czar to oversee its comics, movies and television shows, then it's their money. But the last guy who did that job is doing something else.now, even though he did well as a comics writer, and there's probably a reason he got replaced as CCO. Maybe it's because he wasn't especially cut out to oversee movies.
    OMG! The last guy to fill a position is doing something else now? That happens to almost every job. People move on and get replaced. Or they get replaced and move on. There is no reason DC shouldn't have a COO and the other organizations listed in Wikipedia can.

The truth is you have little, if any, knowledge about what a DC or Marvel COO actually does. And a hatred of Geoff Johns doesn't make a job he filled unnecessary or unviable.

BANNED

And a hatred of Geoff Johns doesn't make a job he filled unnecessary or unviable.

That's the last response you'll ever get from me about anything.

Keep talking to me, to your heart's content.

[/B]

That's the last response you'll ever get from me about anything.

Keep talking to me, to your heart's content.
    You mean I get to talk and you don't talk back? I actually think that's a good idea.

BANNED

There has been one person who did a great job of overseeing comics, movies and television. And theme parks too! That was Walt Disney.

Good luck finding another one like him.

Mighty Member

Default DC CCO Elimination Tournament

With Medical and Recreational Marijuana sweeping the nation you want to eliminate the Gardening Editor at of all places The Rolling Stone? What are you thinking? That's like asking The National Review to drop all the opioid ads. Or asking Mother Jones to start running a regular pro NRA column.😀

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    With Medical and Recreational Marijuana sweeping the nation you want to eliminate the Gardening Editor at of all places The Rolling Stone? What are you thinking? That's like asking The National Review to drop all the opioid ads. Or asking Mother Jones to start running a regular pro NRA column.��
    You make an excellent point. I had considered only current status and neglected potential uses. I shall reconsider my stance here.