Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Air, Cairo... Do you have an example to prove you right.
    Well, I was talking about and Ms. Marvel.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Which would be like deciding if Ed Brubaker could be a fit based strictly on The Authority: Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Which would be like deciding if Ed Brubaker could be a fit based strictly on The Authority: Revolution.
    Not really. Wilson’s first mainstream ongoing superhero project was Ms. Marvel.

BANNED

Still waiting for that example. Just mentioning a title I like doesn't really help.

And IIRC your biggest problem with the book was not the writing but Carol's look.

Still waiting for that example. Just mentioning a title I like doesn't really help.
    I explained it on the last page. Ms. Marvel reads like a bad sitcom. Kamala’s character doesn’t develop. She doesn’t learn anything. She didn’t once question Carol making her a child soldier until Bruno got hurt, and she got over that very quickly. She still loves Carol (would’ve made a much better story if she changed her superhero identity, having been betrayed by the person she named herself after) and she has no guilt over what happened to Bruno. And everything else in the comics is just the same. “Look at Kamala and her giant hands! This sure is wacky! She’s such a fangirl!” That’s gets stale real fast.

Not really. Wilson’s first mainstream ongoing superhero project was Ms. Marvel.
    Which is not an example of the entirety of her writing ability any more than : Revolution would be of Brubaker's.

Trying to use each of those examples leaves a lot out for no other reason than "Just To Leave Stuff Out For No Real Reason".

There is nothing we've seen in the entirety of either writer's work that suggests that they would narrow their approach on any given title.

It was her first long ongoing on something mainstream. The equivalent for Brubaker would be his Batman stuff.

Mighty Member

G. Willow Wilson wrote that Vixen miniseries, Return of the Lion. That was really good.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

BANNED

It was her first long ongoing on something mainstream.
    And she knocked it out of the park.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Even if her Ms. Marvel run wasn't up to par (I've never read it, so I have no opinion either way), that doesn't mean her entire bibliography is weak and she is unfit for Wonder Woman.

Robinson wrote Starman, and he still churned out one of the worst WW runs...ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    G. Willow Wilson wrote that Vixen miniseries, Return of the Lion. That was really good.
    Oh! I forgot she wrote that. I liked that (but did find it a bit dull in parts).

I just hope whoever takes over the book builds more on what Rucka has done in Rebirth. And maybe skips most of what Robinson did...

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Oh! I forgot she wrote that. I liked that (but did find it a bit dull in parts).

I just hope whoever takes over the book builds more on what Rucka has done in Rebirth. And maybe skips most of what Robinson did...
    Mark of a true pro is to build off what has been left behind even garbage and it would show true talent in doing so. To turn a lackluster idea into a phenomenal one.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Mark of a true pro is to build off what has been left behind even garbage and it would show true talent in doing so. To turn a lackluster idea into a phenomenal one.
    So there's what? Three or four pros in the entire industry?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

So there's what? Three or four pros in the entire industry?
    That's not what I'm even saying.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Even if her Ms. Marvel run wasn't up to par (I've never read it, so I have no opinion either way), that doesn't mean her entire bibliography is weak and she is unfit for Wonder Woman.

Robinson wrote Starman, and he still churned out one of the worst WW runs...ever.
    His Cable series, which he left to go do WW, wasn't great either (it got better under the next writer, but ended up cancelled after a third trade by another different writer - the damage was done!). Maybe he's past his best...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman