Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Severing the ties between Diana and Donna is how the latter became such a giant mess in the first place. It doesn't make sense to have a Wonder Girl running around with bracelets and a lasso and not have any ties to Wonder Woman or her world.
    Meh.
    I didn't have any issues with it, and really, the wheels didn't really come off the wagon until John Byrne tried to restore the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Meh.
    I didn't have any issues with it, and really, the wheels didn't really come off the wagon until John Byrne tried to restore the connection.
    Personally, I always really enjoyed seeing Diana interact with Donna and Cassie, particularly in a positive way, so I hope we can see that again someday .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Wilson could channel a lot of the positive qualities she imbued into Kamala into Cassie, if she ever got a chance to write her.
    Cassie hasn't appear post-Rebirth yet, has she? I could see her diversifying the character as Wilson seems to be very pro-diversity. And Wonder Woman has always had shockingly few people of color on her supporting cast/rogues gallery. So I could see Wonder Girl becoming a POC, or her introducing a new character to the cast. I'd love to see Star-Lily or whatever from the WW Special a while back.

Meh.
    The connection had already been restored. All Byrne did was change it to be more non sensical.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Cassie hasn't appear post-Rebirth yet, has she? I could see her diversifying the character as Wilson seems to be very pro-diversity. And Wonder Woman has always had shockingly few people of color on her supporting cast/rogues gallery. So I could see Wonder Girl becoming a POC, or her introducing a new character to the cast. I'd love to see Star-Lily or whatever from the WW Special a while back.
    Cassie kind of has returned in Super Sons of Tomorrow where a future version of her along with future versions of the real Conner Kent and Bart Allen came back in time to stop Tim Drake's future self from killing Jon Kent and save the world from an explosion the Future Tim started. weirdly enough despite Raven and Beast Boy knowing Tim they did not reconise Cassie. For now if James TynionIV's word is true the may be plans involving Tim to find Cassie, Conner, and Bart.= to form another Young Justice group.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Meh.
    The wheels may not have come off completely, but they were made much looser than they ever were pre-Crisis. For no justifiable reason.

Only DC could somehow manage to turn the character premise of "Wonder Woman's younger adopted sister" into the most confusing goddamn thing in existence, while wiping out three or four arcs from the NTT run in the process.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Looks like Orlando is still on the book in September, with an arc about the Bana Amazons.

So looks like we still have to wait until we know who will be taking over permanently. I'd be fine with Orlando staying, he clearly loves the character and is willing to utilize all sorts of things from her mythos. At the very least, I think the run would be solid. Too bad it doesn't seem to be the case.

Wilson is a fantastic writer, so this would be a great get for DC.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I just would like to know one way or the other. If Orlando were to stay fine, although it wouldn't make me super-excited as, despite liking utilizing Artemis, this whole storyline sounds really boring. But again, it'd just be nice to know. We need to get the ball rolling on a solid direction for her regardless the creative team, and this just sounds like filler.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Not a Kamela Khan reader, but Willow's Air was fantastic.
    I totally agree about Air; it was thought-provoking, weird, and interesting. I read the first six or seven issues of her Ms. Marvel series, and while I could see its merits, it didn't hold my attention. But Wilson's work on Air is what has me excited about this possibility.

I think Ms.Wilson would be an interesting choice for the job. Ms.Marvel has a few problems but it would be interesting to see Ms.Wilson rise to the challenge.

Kinda takes the air out of it when you're waiting on a new writer to take over a title you want, and it ends up being someone you've never read before. Which would be Wilson for me. Could love it, could hate it. One cool thing is you can really give a writer a super fair shake without any type of pre-made negative paranoia or way too big expectations. A recent example for me has been Bendis on Man of Steel. So if this is true I'll give her chance with all hope she wins me over like Bendis has.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Kinda takes the air out of it when you're waiting on a new writer to take over a title you want, and it ends up being someone you've never read before. Which would be Wilson for me. Could love it, could hate it. One cool thing is you can really give a writer a super fair shake without any type of pre-made negative paranoia or way too big expectations. A recent example for me has been Bendis on Man of Steel. So if this is true I'll give her chance with all hope she wins me over like Bendis has.
    Well, it's going to be ages before her first issue comes out. Plenty of time to check out her Vixen mini or the above mentioned Air.

Never mind that it still feels a lot like an "IF..."

Well, it's going to be ages before her first issue comes out. Plenty of time to check out her Vixen mini or the above mentioned Air.
    I'll keep that in mind for sure. Vixen does look pretty good.