Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Yeah, but functionally they are superheroes since they are stealing immaterial objects to stop the schemes and machinations of secret, super-powered villains and protect the innocent in the name of justice.

I mean, it's not like their robbing liquor stores in order to buy a new car, or anything.
    The villains weren't super powered. Only two of them actually knew what was going on. It wouldn't be right to call them superheroes as their methods of changing the hearts of their targets is morally unethical.

Astonishing Member

For character scope and storytelling, Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham and Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 are worth a play. You get to play as a variety of characters, who range from mainstream to obscure. Gameplay itself is pretty simple, button mashing combat with simple puzzle solving, but the appeal is always in the franchise the game represents. The first Lego Marvel Superheroes is a good one as well, and includes the X-Men and Fantastic Four in the story and character roster. Beyond Gotham explores some of the Green Lantern mythos, specifically the Emotional Spectrum and the variously colored Corps, while Marvel Superheroes 2 lets you explore and interact with characters and locations from various times and places in the Marvel universe. There are three New Yorks (regular flavour, Noir and 2099) for example, some of the locations brought by Kang to form Chronopolis.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The villains weren't super powered. Only two of them actually knew what was going on. It wouldn't be right to call them superheroes as their methods of changing the hearts of their targets is morally unethical.
    The villains were super powered, in that they were the Shadow versions of the targets, massively powerful monsters that often sit at the end of a Palace filled with monsters under their control. And while you could argue that the real life person has no way to stop them once The Phantom Thieves of Hearts decided to act, it kind of flies in the face of the fact that A) stealing their Treasure involves giving them a day's warning so that their Shadow could get ready for their actions, and B) the non-Palace Owners get their Change of Heart just by stopping their Shadows from rampaging (read: actively trying to murder them) and then having a heart to heart with them.

As for the morality of their methodology, I think it's more gray than anything, since your average superhero goes around violently pummeling people with no legal authority or accountability, often because they are too powerful or connected for normal authorities to deal with. Not to mention that, in every mandatory case where they weren't actively trying to help the targets in question, they were forced to take them down due to a deadline that their target had put on them.

Forcefully rewriting their psyche can be ethically uncomfortable, agreed, but considering that the methodology for most of the major cases involved going into minds so twisted as to have become an actual super-powerful monster that significantly reshaped the local astral landscape into a deathtrap monument to their own crimes and Cardinal Sin filled with enslaved fragments of humanity's collective unconsciousness and ripping out a desire so distorted that it actually manifested as a singular object, basically destroying their psychological distortions all in one go and forcing them to face the full brunt of their crimes emotionally and demand to make amends for it, I am liable to hand wave it. Especially since most of them were in the middle of doing things which were actively trying to ruin/end the lives of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts if they didn't stop them before a very short deadline. A few examples showed that there are ways to rehabilitate people who are distorted enough to show up in the Metaverse, sure, but those few were waaaaay less twisted than the others, and/or were uniquely negotiable with, so it doesn't really compare to someone like Kamoshida, who had been committing their crimes unhindered for years.

Hell, Wolverine wouldn't have hesitated to stab at least half of the Palace Owners in the face, given half an opportunity, and even no-kill Batman would probably have hospitalized most of them without a second thought.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-20-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Starmie View Post
    There was an Ultimate Spider-Man game much like Spider-Man 2 and you could play as Venom. I enjoyed it about as much as SM2, Venom was super fun
    I loved sucking up people and spitting them out.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Starmie View Post
    There was an Ultimate Spider-Man game much like Spider-Man 2 and you could play as Venom. I enjoyed it about as much as SM2, Venom was super fun
    It was even canon.

I played the first 15ish minutes and couldn't get past the first stupid mandatory race.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It was even canon.

I played the first 15ish minutes and couldn't get past the first stupid mandatory race.
    It adapted in the Symbiote War arc late in the run (the trade before Ultimatum), but changes had to be made to fit into the continuity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    It adapted in the Symbiote War arc late in the run (the trade before Ultimatum), but changes had to be made to fit into the continuity.
    Yes, but that was a retcon. The game was considered canon from when it came up until stuff contradicted it eventually.

Spider-Man 2 is my favorite game I have so much fun playing it.
    The Amazing Spider-Man is alright though I find the character model expect Spider-Man terrible. Batman Arkham Knight was ok however the batmobile section was used too much and I find the story to be dull, is a shame that this was my first and only Arkham game I've played.
    Last edited by Commander Wort; 07-19-2018 at 08:46 AM.

I know he's my favorite super hero but I honestly think my two favorite super hero games are both Batman. If we're going oldschool it's Batman for NES and the newer games it's the Arkham games.

We must not forget the Turtles games either (I'm sure someone has mentioned them but I haven't read all the posts) Turtles in Time is so much fun.

I really liked Freedom Force when I was younger.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I enjoyed the heck out of Superman Returns, Punisher, and the Iron Man game.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I really liked Freedom Force when I was younger.
    Freedom Force with Mods is next level. Just about any comic character you can think of can be added. Can't recommend it enough, It's on steam.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Favorite games based on comic book titles.

1)X-Men 2: Clone Wars(Sega Genesis): I loved that some levels required the skills of a certain X-Men in order to be more easy, like Sentinel factory being easier for Cyclops rather than using Beast. Also,the nice change of music in some levels depending on character and the first game to play as Magneto,after you defeat him.

2)Spider-man(Playstation): Words cannot describe how amazing this game was.It was Arkham level type of awesome. Amazing plot,great use of web skills,tons of costumes and many great cameos. Followed by an equal great sequel(Enter Electro), this game is one of the rare cases that i would love to see in a remake/remaster.

3)Hulk:Ultimate Destruction(Playstation 2): Putting aside the missions(not complicated,but fun) or the boss battles(some of the best in comic book games), this game is the closest in feeling like the Hulk.Considering the mass destruction i did,i was Maestro in the making!Plus, Mr Fixit outfit,with different voice acting and an attitude!

4)Punisher(PC,Playstation 2):I loved the arcade version and it was one of my best childhood gaming experiences and with the progress of gaming,i hoped for a Punisher game that would give us the feeling of punishing scums. This game didn't dissapoint. The only sad thing, we never got a proper sequel, which is a waste of potentials for a great and brutal franchise.

5)X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance franchise(various consoles): No words can describe the nerdgasm those games can give you. The first X-Men Legends was superior in terms of plot,but the others provided many characters,great team mixes and lots of Marvel Univers corners to see(especially in MUA). With the current MCU climate,it's sad that we won't see something like that in the near future.

6)Marvel Heroes(PC): The first attempt for a serious Marvel MMO. It started decent, it got better when Gaz followed the advices of the fanbase,but the lack of promotion from nuMarvel/Disney, a change in Gaz structure(which messed the game even more) and Disney/Marvel not wanting a game with FOX owned Marvel characters, cement it's future. It's sad that Marvel didn't use another developer to continue,because it had great art models and some character had great builds and powers(Rogue was unique,utilising her skills like no other game before or after did).RIP

7) Arkham Asylum and Arkham City:(Various consoles): The game series that put Batman on the map and break the curse of bad Batman games. Asylum and City are my favorites,the first had great atmosphere and the second some of my favorite bat-villains. Origins and Knight were decent but it was clear that they lost their steam.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I really wish that Rocksteady would reveal what they're doing already, what with all these rumors about Superman and Justice League and another Arkham game, would be nice to get some confirmation of SOMETHING. Same goes with Square and their Avengers and GOTG projects.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Favorite games based on comic book titles.

1)X-Men 2: Clone Wars(Sega Genesis): I loved that some levels required the skills of a certain X-Men in order to be more easy, like Sentinel factory being easier for Cyclops rather than using Beast. Also,the nice change of music in some levels depending on character and the first game to play as Magneto,after you defeat him.

2)Spider-man(Playstation): Words cannot describe how amazing this game was.It was Arkham level type of awesome. Amazing plot,great use of web skills,tons of costumes and many great cameos. Followed by an equal great sequel(Enter Electro), this game is one of the rare cases that i would love to see in a remake/remaster.

3)Hulk:Ultimate Destruction(Playstation 2): Putting aside the missions(not complicated,but fun) or the boss battles(some of the best in comic book games), this game is the closest in feeling like the Hulk.Considering the mass destruction i did,i was Maestro in the making!Plus, Mr Fixit outfit,with different voice acting and an attitude!

4)Punisher(PC,Playstation 2):I loved the arcade version and it was one of my best childhood gaming experiences and with the progress of gaming,i hoped for a Punisher game that would give us the feeling of punishing scums. This game didn't dissapoint. The only sad thing, we never got a proper sequel, which is a waste of potentials for a great and brutal franchise.

5)X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance franchise(various consoles): No words can describe the nerdgasm those games can give you. The first X-Men Legends was superior in terms of plot,but the others provided many characters,great team mixes and lots of Marvel Univers corners to see(especially in MUA). With the current MCU climate,it's sad that we won't see something like that in the near future.

6)Marvel Heroes(PC): The first attempt for a serious Marvel MMO. It started decent, it got better when Gaz followed the advices of the fanbase,but the lack of promotion from nuMarvel/Disney, a change in Gaz structure(which messed the game even more) and Disney/Marvel not wanting a game with FOX owned Marvel characters, cement it's future. It's sad that Marvel didn't use another developer to continue,because it had great art models and some character had great builds and powers(Rogue was unique,utilising her skills like no other game before or after did).RIP

7) Arkham Asylum and Arkham City:(Various consoles): The game series that put Batman on the map and break the curse of bad Batman games. Asylum and City are my favorites,the first had great atmosphere and the second some of my favorite bat-villains. Origins and Knight were decent but it was clear that they lost their steam.
    Those all sound pretty awesome, to severely understate the matter, and as a Spider-Man fan, I'd think spinning off a good Venom game would be a combination of Spider-Man and Hulk in terms of movement and combat mechanics. The PS1 Spider-Man game(s) had a great soundtrack/score, by the way, especially "Enter the Web-Head," which I first encountered as the music to which Peter Parker's fight with the Kingpin in Back in Black (and also What If? Back in Black) was set. That left a very strong impression on me, and since then, I've considered it the perfect "Spidey's gonna kick some @$$ here" BGM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I really wish that Rocksteady would reveal what they're doing already, what with all these rumors about Superman and Justice League and another Arkham game, would be nice to get some confirmation of SOMETHING. Same goes with Square and their Avengers and GOTG projects.
    Same here, especially if Telltale is closing down before we get a GOTG Season 2.
    The spider is always on the hunt.