BANNED

Default How's dynamite's timeline?

Hi, I'm new to Dynamite's comics and I've been having troubes to find the hero comics.

1. What are all of dynamite's heroes comics?
    2. Is there a correct order to read them? I mean, do they follow chronology? Looks like a bunch of random super heroes comics so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora View Post
    . . . Looks like a bunch of random super heroes comics so far.
    Basically, that's what you get.
    Dynamite is big on licensing some (many?) characters, so it would be hard to have a shared universe / timeline among all their characters.
    Even among individual characters, constant relaunching means there's no guarantee that past stories are still part of a character's timeline/canon.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I remember when they had like 6 different unrelated Green Hornett titles...at the same time.

Lots of random stuff like that, so no real consistency across the board.

They've done some Flash Gordon and Captain Victory stuff (both of which I am the prime audience for) but they were largely "ehhhhh".
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-16-2018 at 02:38 PM.

BANNED

Thanks everyone

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I remember when they had like 6 different unrelated Green Hornett titles...at the same time.

Lots of random stuff like that, so no real consistency across the board.

They've done some Flash Gordon and Captain Victory stuff (both of which I am the prime audience for) but they were largely "ehhhhh".
    If I remember correctly Flash Gordon suffered a production snafu at the end of a mini arc with out of sequence pages and wouldn't reprint and instead directing readers to buy the trade. I liked the arc and the Ming mini that followed but gave up on Dynamite shortly after. Budget issues left me out of the multiple GH titles because they were all released on top of each other. I thought the overall concept of different looks at the character interesting but not all at the same time. Maybe in trade some day.