Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Sean Murphy be the next writer to take control of the Batbooks?

Did hit a homerun with White Knight and just redesigned Batgirl’s costume. Would you guys like to see him get the keys when Tom King is done? If not, who would you suggest?

Last edited by KurtW95; 06-16-2018 at 12:14 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

i really didn’t like white knight, the pacing was jittery and the finale was anti-climatic. The characters were pretty one dimensional and the premise while intriguing was poorly executed. If Murphy took over the bat books I can’t see him maintaining the current numbers for very long.

I'm wary of any one person having total control over any subset of books, but I also didn't like White Knight and I don't like his Batgirl design.

So, uh... no.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Anything would be preferrable to King.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'm wary of any one person having total control over any subset of books, but I also didn't like White Knight and I don't like his Batgirl design.

So, uh... no.
    Well, I mean control in the sense that Tom King has control now and Scott Snyder did before.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Well, I mean control in the sense that Tom King has control now and Scott Snyder did before.
    I still don't like that setup, regardless of the person.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I still don't like that setup, regardless of the person.
    I get it, but that is the current reality.

Didn't like White Knight much but others did. So I don't know

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm not interested in anyone who tried to make Joker appealing.

He definitely has a vision I like. I enjoyed BWK and BG design in that too so I'm glad that influence is coming over to the main verse.

I don't think anyone should have total control but I definitely want DC let him do his own thing.

I liked White Knight, so I wouldn’t mind it, but he has sequels planned and probably has no interest in limiting himself to DC’s mainline continuity.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Did hit a homerun with White Knight and just redesigned Batgirl’s costume. Would you guys like to see him get the keys when Tom King is done? If not, who would you suggest?

No. I liked White Knight, but he's not a writer first, he's an artist first.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

No matter my opinion of White Knight, I don't think Murphy would want to take over the main continuity books.

No. He isn't fit for this kind of role.

Besides, the bat line needs good editors than one writer having control over the whole line.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

White Knight is one of the best Batman stories of the last decade. His designs are great, too. I’d be happy to see him tackle the main universe. I’m not sure if he actually wants to, though.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli