Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    White Knight is one of the best Batman stories of the last decade. His designs are great, too. I’d be happy to see him tackle the main universe. I’m not sure if he actually wants to, though.
    I would love to see him write a main Batbook. I just don't want him to be setting the agenda like Morrison or Snyder did.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I would love to see him write a main Batbook. I just don't want him to be setting the agenda like Morrison or Snyder did.
    I’ve read that you’re not a fan of those two, so I understand. I happen to regard both their runs as some of the best on the character, ever, so I probably wouldn’t mind it as long as it was a quality book.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I’ve read that you’re not a fan of those two, so I understand. I happen to regard both their runs as some of the best on the character, ever, so I probably wouldn’t mind it as long as it was a quality book.
    I mean, I'll rave about Black Mirror all day, I enjoy most of Court of Owls and Superheavy, and I think Snyder has great ability as a writer, I just haven't actually enjoyed most of what he's done (at least solo - I tend to like his collaborations more, though not universally). Morrison I love the way he setup the status quo of Batman Inc and Dickbats - it's definitely my favorite era of Batman. I just can't stand his dialogue or the plots of RIP, Return of Bruce Wayne, etc.

And I feel like what you're advocating for is just Murphy on Tec or Batman - which is a different question for me than what Snyder and Morrison did, which was writing one or more of the main books, but it's their status quo which is determining the world and tone of all of the other books. I'd be fine if he were writing Batman like Tom King is writing - it's his own story, and it doesn't make everyone write the same cast and kind of stories.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

For one Batman without King, I support him.

Since he can't even get the Robin's order straight I don't think he has a good grip of an more expansive mythos so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Since he can't even get the Robin's order straight I don't think he has a good grip of an more expansive mythos so no.
    He knows the Robins’ order. That was a conscious decision for his ELSEWORLDS story.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

One story doesn't qualify for control of the character. I only read White Knight number 1 and I didn't care for it really. Maybe it's because I thought the art was awful and it couldn't draw me into the story.

Give him some in continuity work to cut his teeth on. I'm up for a change from King for sure though.

He knows the Robins’ order. That was a conscious decision for his ELSEWORLDS story.
    https://twitter.com/Sean_G_Murphy/st...41877571903488

No, for this thread I really don't think he has a good grip of expansive mythos, for an elseworld who cares? But for the main continuity, missing this kind of storylines matters, so I don't think he could run a good Batman.

I really haven’t read any amazing work from a new up and coming writer, so it’s hard to say.

It won’t happen in a million years, but Brubaker back would be amazing, since he is ten times better now then he was back on his first run.

I would like a hardcore writer on Batman, meaning someone who thinks, eats, sleeps Batman, someone that is financially secure, so he is not chasing 5 different projects, and can really give all his or her effort on one book. Morrison and Snyder did that, even though Snyder’s writing wasn’t always great, sometimes it was just ok, you can feel the effort was there.

It’s hard to say if someone can make better comics if they put all their effort in one book, you say to yourself for, it’s just a 20 page comic, come on. So what if he is writing 3 other books? But then if you are writing Batman, you need a lot of research, writing a more complex detective/crime story is not easy. Someone like

Joe Hill
    Kieran Gillen
    Gerard Way
    Ryan Stegman for writing and art (the only young gun with promise that I’ve seen)

And then in 3-4 years, the return of the master, Mr Morrison, with new tales of Batcrime!

Amazing artist, but his writing leaves much to be desired. It might be worth it just to get more of his art though.

Although I don't think he knows much about Batman lore. I don't think he was even aware that Dick was the first Robin and thought Jason was. So his Batman knowledge is very limited. I don't think he would enjoy writing in the main continuity and would prefer to write in his own continuity where his knowledge isn't important and he can do what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    https://twitter.com/Sean_G_Murphy/st...41877571903488

No, for this thread I really don't think he has a good grip of expansive mythos, for an elseworld who cares? But for the main continuity, missing this kind of storylines matters, so I don't think he could run a good Batman.
    I stand corrected. Although, it seemed like it was just a mess up rather than him not knowing the order of the Robins.

It’s so odd to me that wherever else I frequent for comic book discussion (Reddit, Twitter & Instagram) this book gets called one of the best Batman stories to come out. Then I come to CBR and it seems it didn’t click with a majority of readers.

This story was great despite some minor hiccups. It had fantastic art and one of the better Joker/Harley romance stories. It took the mythos and forced you to look at it from another angle and it was quite refreshing. As an Elseworlds story, it hit all the right notes, for me.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 06-19-2018 at 07:29 AM.

He only likes a few elements of the Batman mythos
    He couldn't even get the robins in order
    I like his Joker and Harley though give him a book about them and he's better off

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

White Knight was great as an elseworlds but I wouldn't want it to be an indication of where things are going. Lots of character choices that wouldn't make sense in that context, such as Jason predating Dick, Duke being an adult, etc.

Moreover, Murphy expressed disinterest at having other heroes pop up in his universe, so I imagine he wouldn't want to deal with the greater DCU interactions.

Leave the guy to his corner to make a book he loves and the best product will be the result.