View Poll Results: WW84: Diana's sewuel being in the '80s makes you feel ...

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ecstatic - I wanted this all along

3 5.66%
  • Happily surprised - didn't expect it, but I dig it

22 41.51%
  • Faithful in Jenkin & Co - they alone could make it work

14 26.42%
  • Unhappy - so she's only good for the past?

12 22.64%
  • Not seeing WW84 anyway - hated the first one

2 3.77%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thinking about it more it seems they are mixing both human history and Wonder Woman history

If we can’t do WW2 why not do the first WW and 1984 is post crisis and Cold War with a mix of Lynda Carter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    1984 is post crisis
    What do you mean by this?

I mean 1984 was the starting point of Post Crisis event corrected?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think that was 1986, and I don't think WW got her own ongoing again until 1987.

Sorry. So I wonder what kind of happened for Wonder Woman in 1984.

BANNED

It's not, and even if it were, post-Crisis Diana wasn't even born yet in 1918, so movie-Diana is not ever going to be post-Crisis. Especially because there wasn't a Crisis.

What I mean is not that Post Crisis happened but they are going to take elements from Post Criss. What I mean by Diana at Post Crisis is when she was rebooted by Perez. That they are going to take storylines from Perez's Wonder Woman for 1984

For example, cheetah's storyline or something else

BANNED

What I mean is not that Post Crisis happened but they are going to take elements from Post Criss. What I mean by Diana at Post Crisis is when she was rebooted by Perez. That they are going to take storylines from Perez's Wonder Woman for 1984

For example, cheetah's storyline or something else
    I very much doubt that they're going to take storylines from any era. The first one didn't. Almost no superhero movie does that. The first movie barely touched golden age material and its Ares was visually closer to 1980's Ares but a different character than any comics version.
    They're going to take Cheetah, the character, and do their own thing with her. And from the looks of it is going to be something a lot closer to current Rucka Cheetah than post-Crisis Perez cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Disagree completely.

There was always a much stronger connection between Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman and WW fans over the decades than there ever was with Adam West 's Batman and Batman fans over the following decades.

Adam West famously disliked the 1989 Movie on is release and stupidly thought HE'd still be cast as Batman when the movie was announced. Even before The Dark Knight Returns was published, he was persona non grata among many Batfan circles.

There was never any rapport between him and Keaton the way there is with Carter and Gadot. And Carter may yet cameo in the sequel

And Gadot is blatantly homaging Carter with her civilian wardrobe in the sequel, by the looks of the recent pics from the set that were released.

If they were going to stay in the 20th century, WW77 would have been the bolder move over WW84. But hey, like I said, Chris Pine's return makes the second period piece much easier to deal with.
    A little research on the year 1984 would likely change your mind. It was a big year. Huge. Bold as you can get. (Or just cheat and watch this!)

https://youtu.be/zC8ijvwAtg0
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-18-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    A little research on the year 1984 would likely change your mind. It was a big year. Huge. Bold as you can get. (Or just cheat and watch this!)

https://youtu.be/zC8ijvwAtg0
    Wonder Woman is going to fight AIDs...cool, so is Cheetah trying to give all humans AIDs, seems like something like Grodd would do? (because hes a gorilla)