Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Default IST (instocktrades.com) problems

Since IST switched to having UPS handle their deliveries to the Post Office here in the United States, it has been a disaster. I have placed four orders since they switched to having UPS be the intermediary to the USPS, and two orders have been mis-routed. The first one, I had to pick up from an incorrect Post Office, and my current order is missing. It’s somewhere, just no one knows WHERE it is, but hey, it’ll come sometime, you know?

I forgot to add it took IST a full week before they even sent my order after I placed it.

Fantastic Member

I order enough to qualify for a free shipping upgrade and opt for UPS ground (no USPS). The books always arrive, but it takes several days longer than the former FedEx option.
    I have emailed to complain to no avail. Even suggesting that a small charge for a FedEx upgrade would be acceptable.
    Maybe if enough people complain they will get the message.

What are the other options?

Amen

I am tired of the bullshit with many on line companies.
    They ask what carrier you want and the method
    and than ask for you to confirm your wishes.
    And than with out even E-Mailing or calling you,
    decide to change the carrier and method of delivery
    as if they where some how doing you a big favor.

I don't order much from IST, but make a monthly order with DCBS and have found their service really falling off. I got a shipping notification on 5/9, and five days later there still hadn't been any movement on the tracking number. I emailed them about it on 5/14, again on 5/16, then a third time on 5/18. I finally got a response on 5/19 (at this point, the tracking number showed movement) that said, "I'm not sure why the package sat for so long. UPS must have lost it initially when they picked it up." The package finally arrived on 5/22.

Five days to get an email response.

Thirteen days to receive a package from the time of shipment.

I can't say that I've had any problems since the change over. I did get one order five days late but when I inquired it was because they were waiting for restock (which happened awhile ago with a Deadly Class Deluxe Edition). That in itself is a problem I have with them: when something is temporarily out of stuck the site doesn't reflect that and it's not communicated to you while you have an order pending.

knock on wood but I haven't had any problems, either. I think delivery might take a few days longer under the new system but if it saves them money I'm cool with it because it keeps discounts down. IST and even CGN, which doesn't have any free shipping, have to lose money on shipping costs, even if it's going media mail.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    knock on wood but I haven't had any problems, either. I think delivery might take a few days longer under the new system but if it saves them money I'm cool with it because it keeps discounts down. IST and even CGN, which doesn't have any free shipping, have to lose money on shipping costs, even if it's going media mail.
    I totally appreciate the free shipping, but if it takes two weeks to get an order domestically, I’d be willing to pay the shipping cost.

CGN is great when I can find stuff on their Amazon marketplace. I don’t order direct from them due to them also charging me the CA sales tax when ordering direct, which is 10%. For some reason, the tax gets bypassed when ordering through their Amazon marketplace. I live in Los Angeles, and they’re in Long Beach, so it usually comes pretty fast.

Oh, and I apologize for using profanity in the title...I see it has been modified, and understand why.

Fantastic Member

Well.. if the rumored UPS strike goes through on the 1st of August. then we will get our books shipped through Fedex again anyway.

But yes, I have noticed it takes a lot longer to get the books

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I totally appreciate the free shipping, but if it takes two weeks to get an order domestically, I’d be willing to pay the shipping cost.

CGN is great when I can find stuff on their Amazon marketplace. I don’t order direct from them due to them also charging me the CA sales tax when ordering direct, which is 10%. For some reason, the tax gets bypassed when ordering through their Amazon marketplace. I live in Los Angeles, and they’re in Long Beach, so it usually comes pretty fast.

Oh, and I apologize for using profanity in the title...I see it has been modified, and understand why.

This is kind of interesting and maybe it's about geographic location. I live in Tennessee, which is where IST is located, and it doesn't take me two weeks to get an order. It takes about a week, although before the switch I often got books by Saturday if I ordered on Tuesday. CGN, however, does (or very close to it) take almost two weeks to deliver my books - although it's probably a media mail issue and the fact that the books have to ship across the country (after they're logged in an packaged).

On a side note, I feel your tax frustration. I have that problem with IST and Amazon, though, since the Amazon HQ is located in TN. We pay taxes on all products. My way around it sometimes is having IST packages shipped to a Georgia address but that's usually for books I'm not going to jump into right away.

I only recently started using IST this year over Amazon (too many damaged books from Amazon caused me to look elsewhere) and so far I haven't had any problems. They do take a while to ship but I don't mind. It's the post office I would be more worried about than IST.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I've experienced delays between having my order picked & scanned and being processed- a whole week as opposed to a day or two. It doesn't really affect me that much as I live in Europe and I was prepared from the word go that I would have to wait a while before receiving my order. I have a ton of books to read anyway and IST have such fantastic packaging and have always done me right if ever I've received a damaged book.

I have seen slower picking, but no issues with books reaching me.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I agree that UPS noticeably takes up to TWO WHOLE DAYS longer to arrive vs FEDEX!
    Oh, the horror. Add in the occasions where for some reason my order was delayed a day or so being picked and scanned and the total is a whopping 4 days in the delay.
    Whatever will I do? How will I cope? I'll have to sell a few books to pay for the therapy sessions.

Good grief people. Their packaging is superb. Their customer service is way above average compared to most. Are you telling me you do not have a backlog of material to read? A show you've been meaning to binge? Maybe quality time with someone or a happy hour invite you've neglected.
    #firstworldproblems
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Yeah IST has some of the best packaging I've ever dealt with.