Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skrewler View Post
    You remind me of that guy who made a fuss when IST sent him a book by mistake.
    It IS the same guy.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 04-04-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    It IS the same guy.
    The same guy who is 100% correct.

Why do so many insist on defending IST's incompetence?
    When you allow a seller to get away with failure they will continue to fail.

Demanding excellence achieves excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post

Keep on fighting the power, dude.

You can demand excellence all you want, but in this instance, it's going to achieve nothing. IST have refunded your money, so there's nothing else they're going to do, even if they could. Long story short is that they are not going to send you the omnibus.

I get that this is frustrating, but I think the best thing you can do is follow through on what you said in your original post and stop ordering from them.

Pfffff. Even if you're right, it doesn't mean you are getting your right. They aren't gonna change what they've done. So, since it's your second confrontation with them, stop ordering there. And if you don't want that, stop complaining about it here, because then it's your own choice!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Pfffff. Even if you're right, it doesn't mean you are getting your right. They aren't gonna change what they've done. So, since it's your second confrontation with them, stop ordering there. And if you don't want that, stop complaining about it here, because then it's your own choice!
    I did stop ordering from them. I regularly ordered in excess of $1000 worth of books (my cost) from IST/TOW. No more.
    If everybody demanded what I do (to get what you pay for) IST / TOW would stop making such mistakes.
    When you allow a company / service to fail and continue to do business with them the lesson they learn is that they can continue to fail their customers.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Bri are you certain they actually made any kind of mistake? TOW can't allocate all copies to themselves, IST will get some. Not being supplied enough copies happens. It recently happened with many of the Marvel reprints also.

At a certain point, you have to allow room for the unexpected hassle when buying collector's items. Comic collectors have it better than most. It's not even a lost cause at retail, you just have to shop around.

As written previously I ordered and paid for the book nearly three months in advance.
    They had more than enough time to make sure they had ordered enough copies from DIAMOND to fill pre-orders. No copies should be allocated for IST when you haven't even filled pre-orders.
    I ordered and paid in advance through TOW specifically to avoid sell outs on IST.
    I literally couldn't have made it easier for them to fill my order, and they failed.

I bought a copy from CGN.

All-New Member

As written previously I ordered and paid for the book nearly three months in advance.
    They had more than enough time to make sure they had ordered enough copies from DIAMOND to fill pre-orders. No copies should be allocated for IST when you haven't even filled pre-orders.
    I ordered and paid in advance through TOW specifically to avoid sell outs on IST.
    I literally couldn't have made it easier for them to fill my order, and they failed.

I bought a copy from CGN.
    And you are SURE they didn't ordered enough? They might have ordered but Diamond didn't ship their full order, it happens all the time in retail.

Good point. Have you never gone to the LCS to find a comic not in your pull box because the shop got shorted?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Good point. Have you never gone to the LCS to find a comic not in your pull box because the shop got shorted?
    They ordered enough to offer copies for sale through the IST website on the day of release.
    Do you think maybe they should have filled orders that were paid for months in advance first?

Incredible Member

Sorry if I'm out of the loop, but do we know if IST is shipping new releases still? I planned on ordering the Astonishing X-Men hardcover today.

There are no new releases to ship?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don’t know what I would be feeling or doing if I was still
    Collecting single issues.
    Because I had switched to just collected editions a few years
    Back and have build up a small reading library with tons of
    Room to build. I have been able to continue to order books
    And hope to continue until new books come in.
    Today I should. be getting Silver Age Omnibuses of Doom Patrol
    and Adam Strange and plan on ordering a few more omnibuses and
    Hard cover books today. I will continue to order a few books every
    Week or two ( a few at a time).
    If this happend five years ago, I would probably have decided this
    Was a good time to stop buying single issues and go the hardware cover
    Collected edition route (as more and more I was finding new material coming
    Out to be less and less pleasing any way).

amai3350

Is anyone having trouble getting responses from them? I emailed them 9 days ago and haven't heard back. Bought a Children of the Atom X-men box set from them and they sent me two copies of Silver Age Volume 3 and left out Bronze Age Volume 2 out.