Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 146
  1. #61
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Sent a return of 3 books back in December. They received it on the 12th. Didn't hear anything but let it slide because of the holidays (even though they had 2 weeks b4 Christmas). Emailed them a week ago and have yet to respond. I agree, this is a low point for them since I've used their services (almost 7 years now). No excuse for not at least staying in contact within a reasonable time frame

  2. #62
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Does IST even send a "Your package has shipped" email anymore?

    They've really fallen off hard in terms of shipping times, jesus...
    I do not believe they send one directly anymore. Recently I have only been notified via USPS if they are handling my package. But if the package starts with UPS, then I am not notified at all.

  3. #63
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,290

    Default

    I usually get one from both IST and UPS.
    As was the case with my two most recent orders earlier this year.
    Some of you may want to check your Junk or Spam filters/inboxes.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  4. #64
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Just had the quickest turnaround from IST ever! Placed an order around 11:30 AM today and got a shipping notice at 3PM that my order has already shipped.

    Anyone else seen this recently?

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,290

    Default

    I did as well.
    Made an order during my lunch time this past Tuesday(1/29) 11:30 cst and by late afternoon, same day, I got the email that "Your package has shipped.
    Today during midday, my books arrived. Almost 48hrs on the spot turnaround.
    I ordered Hunt for Wolverine and VforVendetta 30th Anniversary Edition so no doubt they were on hand. Must not have been backlogged either. Made my order hours before the posting of that day's new releases also probably helped.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  6. #66
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,905

    Default

    My last order also shipped same day, arrived less than a week later.

    Not too long ago, DCBS/IST sent out an email that they'd be relocating again, and if I remember correctly the shipping delays that many posters had experienced were part of the reason behind the move. Maybe what we're seeing is the result of that?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  7. #67
    Spectacular Member Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AR, USA
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    My last order also shipped same day, arrived less than a week later.

    Not too long ago, DCBS/IST sent out an email that they'd be relocating again, and if I remember correctly the shipping delays that many posters had experienced were part of the reason behind the move. Maybe what we're seeing is the result of that?
    They are based out of Memphis. I'm in Little Rock and a lot of our packages go through the Memphis Distribution Center which we call the Bermuda Triangle of the USPS. Tracking packages that go through that center is usually pretty crazy. They also let packages sit for days before moving on to another location. I sympathize with their plight!

  8. #68
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Received an e-mail from DCBS saying that them, TOW and IST will now be charging sales tax for California residents.

    I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner, but still a bit of a bummer.

  9. #69
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Received an e-mail from DCBS saying that them, TOW and IST will now be charging sales tax for California residents.

    I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner, but still a bit of a bummer.
    Ugh, this sucks.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  10. #70
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ugh, this sucks.
    Especially nowt that sales tax in CA just went up a whopping 2% up to 9.25%
    I wonder is that's what they'll be charging.

  11. #71
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Especially nowt that sales tax in CA just went up a whopping 2% up to 9.25%
    I wonder is that's what they'll be charging.
    I would imagine so. Oh well, welcome to California. Come for the sunshine, stay for the astronomical cost of living!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  12. #72
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    267

    Default

    I did place an order for a few books with IST, Sunday night, just before their new sales tax policy went into effect.
    I might be changing vendors after this.

  13. #73
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,290

    Default

    I've been paying the sales tax for years now.
    I consider the tax equivalent to insurance. They pack books so much better than other vendors that IST is worth the tax burden.
    Besides, we are clearly on the slippery slope to where all internet transactions will be taxed sooner than later.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  14. #74
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    287

    Default

    After ordering thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of books for years from IST they finally made a mistake.
    A mistake in my favor (or so it seemed.) They sent me a book I did not order and was not charged for.

    Being an honest sort I notified them of the mistake so they could avoid future errors and keep their inventory updated.
    They sent me an EMAIL asking that I return the book or stating that they would charge me for it on a future order.

    Is this how they reward a long time devoted customer for being honest? By expecting me to pay for their error?

    I replied that I was neither returning the book or paying them for it. I believe the law is fully on my side.

    I am awaiting their reply. Any opinions?

  15. #75
    Boston Sports Fan Detox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    After ordering thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of books for years from IST they finally made a mistake.
    A mistake in my favor (or so it seemed.) They sent me a book I did not order and was not charged for.

    Being an honest sort I notified them of the mistake so they could avoid future errors and keep their inventory updated.
    They sent me an EMAIL asking that I return the book or stating that they would charge me for it on a future order.

    Is this how they reward a long time devoted customer for being honest? By expecting me to pay for their error?

    I replied that I was neither returning the book or paying them for it. I believe the law is fully on my side.

    I am awaiting their reply. Any opinions?
    I would return the book, especially since you've never had any issues with them in the past.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •