Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

What is the proper procedure when you order a bunch of books but receive only one book that you did not order?

I have emailed them three times about this but have not heard back.

Incredible Member

Does anyone know if InStockTrades/DCBS still gets books from Diamond? Or are they getting everything from the printers or DC directly now that DCBS is one of DC's non-Diamond distributors?

I've got to say, between pandemic related printing issues (not their fault) and shipping issues (looks like they are having staffing and or fulfillment issues from whoever feeds them), IST no longer having many discounts over 42% (I assume because they're not getting a volume discount themselves from Diamond anymore), plus the instant sell outs of DM editions, its been months since I've purchased from them. I don't think I've placed a single order with them since the pandemic began.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Does anyone know if InStockTrades/DCBS still gets books from Diamond? Or are they getting everything from the printers or DC directly now that DCBS is one of DC's non-Diamond distributors?
    Hmmm... good question. If yes, that might also explain why I've been receiving orders that don't contain new DC books faster than ones that do.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

My order has shipped. I've waited for 2,5 weeks. That's not that bad. Now it has to be shipped to the Netherlands. Let's see how long that takes and if I have to pay import duties?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Staghead View Post
    Placed an order on 8/28 for 11 items and 10 were picked the next day. Debating how long to wait to see if the other one gets picked or will they eventually just cancel that item? I've had this happen before, but usually the last few items get picked within a week or so. Haven't emailed yet as I'm pretty patient, but we're getting close to a month here.
    Follow up. My order shipped on Thursday (9/24) and arrived today (9/28) via fedex. I did not pay for shipping as I ordered 11 items. The problem is I only got 10 of the items. The missing one is NOT the one that took several weeks to be picked, it is one that was picked the next day. It shows it was shipped on the packing list. E-mail sent.....

I have given them benefits of doubt in the past, but seriously, 1 week and you haven't even picked my books yet, let along shipped them.
    If you are this #$%& busy, which, good for you, but then perhaps you should HIRE MORE PEOPLE. Hire more office people to answer emails in a timely manner AND hire a few more warehouse people to help pack & ship books. If their orders are up 30% or whatever, then they're making MUCH more money, and they should be able to hire a few more people. Boost the Tennessee economy and whatnot.

it's just frustrating. You order from Target, or Amazon, or elsewhere, and it might sit for 1-3 days, but not 7, 8, 9+ days with nothing.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I did the $4 upgrade for my most recent IST order. It was just the Dini Batman omnibus, along with two other books. I ordered on Tuesday of last week, it's estimated to be at my house on Friday. Not too bad, considering the other complaints I've seen on here.

My previous order that had been sitting in the same spot for 2 weeks never came in. It's been over a month now, lol........I contacted UPS about it last week, they said it looks like they never gave it to USPS, but that IST will need to contact them to resolve it. I'm guessing it'll be seen as a lost package. I've contacted IST twice about this (No reply yet), hopefully it'll be resolved soon so I can get another package sent.

And my Wolverine omnibus order from CGN on September 4 is still stuck on "Pending".........I'm guessing that'll never come in. I ordered the book before it was sold out on the site, but maybe it was already sold out and they hadn't updated the site until after I ordered it. Oh, well......They didn't charge me for it, so I'll just see it as a nullified order. That said, I did order another cheap book with the omnibus, I'm hoping they'll contact me asking if I want to cancel the order, rather than charge me shipping with a cheap book I could've just gotten at IST.

All-New Member

Has anyone had any luck trying to get a reply from IST. Ive been waiting for them to reply on my order where they had to replace a book but ive not received anything. order was placed on Sept 1 and still the order hasn't been shipped. I wish they would at least acknowledge my email or maybe just cancel my order and refund. I get that they're backlogged but no reply for almost 3 weeks is just bad

Quote Originally Posted by rehino View Post
    Has anyone had any luck trying to get a reply from IST. Ive been waiting for them to reply on my order where they had to replace a book but ive not received anything. order was placed on Sept 1 and still the order hasn't been shipped. I wish they would at least acknowledge my email or maybe just cancel my order and refund. I get that they're backlogged but no reply for almost 3 weeks is just bad
    They put a disclaimer on their website essentially saying, "stop asking us about where your order is" so take that for what it's worth.
    I shot them an email last week about an order I want to cancel, put it right in the subject line, still haven't gotten a reply. They are going to try and charge me a 20% restocking fee, but I'm arguing this has to go both ways - when you sit on my order for 2 weeks and it's still not 'picked', and then once it's picked, it still sits for more days, that's not cool. Worst case I'll take the order and flip the books, as 20% off my refund is a lot. And total BS. If the order is 'picked', then shouldn't it go from "I have the books in my hand" to "I'm putting the books in the box to ship it out"? But I digress, I don't work there nor understand how they do things. Still, the lack of email response is really my biggest complaint. That's your #1 thing - customer service. hire more people to answer emails, something. Oiy.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post

And my Wolverine omnibus order from CGN on September 4 is still stuck on "Pending".........I'm guessing that'll never come in. I ordered the book before it was sold out on the site, but maybe it was already sold out and they hadn't updated the site until after I ordered it. Oh, well......They didn't charge me for it, so I'll just see it as a nullified order. That said, I did order another cheap book with the omnibus, I'm hoping they'll contact me asking if I want to cancel the order, rather than charge me shipping with a cheap book I could've just gotten at IST.

I take that part back. I just got an email from CGN stating the package has been shipped, so I'm actually getting it. A positive turn has occurred..........Hopefully the same can be said of that shipment UPS lost that IST needs to contact them about.

My order arrived today. Perfect condition. From ordering to arriving it took 3 weeks and 1 day. And I live in the Netherlands. So I'm not complaining.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    My order arrived today. Perfect condition. From ordering to arriving it took 3 weeks and 1 day. And I live in the Netherlands. So I'm not complaining.
    I live in Sweden, placed an order about 2 months ago perhaps, expected to wait many weeks considering the state of the world right now. It took maybe 5 days before my order was picked and scanned, but once it was shipped I had it in one week. Perfectly reasonable, but reading comments in here I guess I just got lucky with my order.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I live in Sweden, placed an order about 2 months ago perhaps, expected to wait many weeks considering the state of the world right now. It took maybe 5 days before my order was picked and scanned, but once it was shipped I had it in one week. Perfectly reasonable, but reading comments in here I guess I just got lucky with my order.
    Most of my orders during the pandemic have been OK. It would take IST 2 weeks maximum to process the order and have it shipped to me (As in I usually got it within 2 weeks).......That order that UPS apparently lost is the only one I've had a major problem with, and that's due to the carrier, not IST. My issue with IST is how long it'll take for them to contact UPS and resolve this so they can send me a new package, as they're backlogged on their email responses.

Last week placed an order via paypal and it processed and charged me then IST site failed to place the order gave me an error so order never got placed, but still have the 200 dollar charge. I have messaged them twice now for a refund with no response not happy with them going to have to paypal dispute it.
    Last edited by Judge Dredd; 10-01-2020 at 03:49 PM.

All-New Member

going to give them one more week then ill ask paypal for help. ive been waiting reply on emails but nothing. my order is just sitting there with picked and scanned. the book that they replaced my out of stock book is now longer in stock too so this is frustrating. i dont know if they ever shipped it or they forgot about my order or just lost it. super frustrating not knowing whats happened to my order.