Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    When you substitute a book they just update the order and ship it immediately if they have the substituted book. Since the book is the same price the 2% remains.

Just reply to the email saying what you want and they will get back to you.
    Okay. I did that. No order update on their website yet, even though its been 5 days/3 business days. And I feel like they don't actually have the substitute book in their warehouse, so I'll probably be waiting weeks for them to order it even though I said don't delay my order anymore if the substitute book isn't ready to ship.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Not that it's a "problem", exactly, but IST will be dropping their Marvel discount to 36-46% due to the new distribution deal with Penguin Random House. Hopefully this is enough incentive for me to buy a few less books each month.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Not that it's a "problem", exactly, but IST will be dropping their Marvel discount to 36-46% due to the new distribution deal with Penguin Random House. Hopefully this is enough incentive for me to buy a few less books each month.
    The e-mail I received from them today said that the discount will now be 38% off instead of the long-standing 42% off they were giving.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Oops, my bad. The email I mentioned referred to DCBS preorder discounts, not IST discounts.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Not a problem, but an update...

IST just shipped my Superman by Grant Morrison Omnibus replacement with an order I just placed yesterday.

Might want to check any orders placed this week in case you were waiting on a corrected copy.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    I placed an order with IST in March and it still hasn't shipped over 2 months later because I guess 1 book is not in stock (all picked and scanned but 1 book).

In the past I remember this company used to email you if you wanted to replace the item with something else or just a refund - but I guess they now just hold on to the entire order for months on end.
    Seems pretty crazy. No response to an email I sent either.
    Hello.

I just registered here because I saw this post? How long did it take for you to get your order in this scenario?
    I made an order with them 2 and a half weeks ago and have the same scenario. Ten books ordered and one is out of stock. Sent 2 emails and no reply yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Creedy View Post
    Hello.

I just registered here because I saw this post? How long did it take for you to get your order in this scenario?
    I made an order with them 2 and a half weeks ago and have the same scenario. Ten books ordered and one is out of stock. Sent 2 emails and no reply yet.
    For that particular order, it took about 2 and a half months - they ended up refunding me for the out of stock book and shipped the rest. Obviously covid is to blame for most of this - being a customer of theirs for 6+ years - waiting 2 months is not the norm. It took forever but in the end, Instocktrades will take care of everything. They do seem to be working quicker on these issues in recent months.

A recent scenario which happened is - my 4 book order, all were picked and scanned but 1. They ended up shipping the in-stock books and after shipping they sent an email asking if I wanted a refund or wait for them to ship me a copy when it came in stock. This was a change in procedure from just holding everything forever.
    Last edited by Destro777; 08-12-2021 at 12:22 AM.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    For that particular order, it took about 2 and a half months - they ended up refunding me for the out of stock book and shipped the rest. Obviously covid is to blame for most of this - being a customer of theirs for 6+ years - waiting 2 months is not the norm. It took forever but in the end, Instocktrades will take care of everything. They do seem to be working quicker on these issues in recent months.

A recent scenario which happened is - my 4 book order, all were picked and scanned but 1. They ended up shipping the in-stock books and after shipping they sent an email asking if I wanted a refund or wait for them to ship me a copy when it came in stock. This was a change in procedure from just holding everything forever.

Thanks for the reply. I guess all I can do at this stage is wait.
    It's just frustrating because what if you need to move home address, how do you inform them before they send the books?

Ok, I’ve been using Tales of Wonder for a year now for preorders… I just got another email saying one of the books I preordered MONTHS ago is on back order. This is the third time this year. So now I have to get it elsewhere. I’m lucky because someone else does still have it but I’m paying more. Very annoying. Just wanted to vent..

Timeline:
    26 of March I've placed my order.
    They sent it only on 6 of June because a bunch of stuff has been backordered.
    The tracking started only in July.
    The parcel has been missing since. Never received it.
    I contacted their customer service in August and asked for a refund- haven't heard from them since. Another month of radio silence.
    Honestly... I don't think I want to order from them again.