Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Default IST (instocktrades.com) problems

Since IST switched to having UPS handle their deliveries to the Post Office here in the United States, it has been a disaster. I have placed four orders since they switched to having UPS be the intermediary to the USPS, and two orders have been mis-routed. The first one, I had to pick up from an incorrect Post Office, and my current order is missing. It’s somewhere, just no one knows WHERE it is, but hey, it’ll come sometime, you know?

I forgot to add it took IST a full week before they even sent my order after I placed it.

Fantastic Member

I order enough to qualify for a free shipping upgrade and opt for UPS ground (no USPS). The books always arrive, but it takes several days longer than the former FedEx option.
    I have emailed to complain to no avail. Even suggesting that a small charge for a FedEx upgrade would be acceptable.
    Maybe if enough people complain they will get the message.

What are the other options?

Amen

I am tired of the bullshit with many on line companies.
    They ask what carrier you want and the method
    and than ask for you to confirm your wishes.
    And than with out even E-Mailing or calling you,
    decide to change the carrier and method of delivery
    as if they where some how doing you a big favor.

I don't order much from IST, but make a monthly order with DCBS and have found their service really falling off. I got a shipping notification on 5/9, and five days later there still hadn't been any movement on the tracking number. I emailed them about it on 5/14, again on 5/16, then a third time on 5/18. I finally got a response on 5/19 (at this point, the tracking number showed movement) that said, "I'm not sure why the package sat for so long. UPS must have lost it initially when they picked it up." The package finally arrived on 5/22.

Five days to get an email response.

Thirteen days to receive a package from the time of shipment.

I can't say that I've had any problems since the change over. I did get one order five days late but when I inquired it was because they were waiting for restock (which happened awhile ago with a Deadly Class Deluxe Edition). That in itself is a problem I have with them: when something is temporarily out of stuck the site doesn't reflect that and it's not communicated to you while you have an order pending.

knock on wood but I haven't had any problems, either. I think delivery might take a few days longer under the new system but if it saves them money I'm cool with it because it keeps discounts down. IST and even CGN, which doesn't have any free shipping, have to lose money on shipping costs, even if it's going media mail.

All-New Member

Default In Stock Trades is a terrible company!

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Since IST switched to having UPS handle their deliveries to the Post Office here in the United States, it has been a disaster. I have placed four orders since they switched to having UPS be the intermediary to the USPS, and two orders have been mis-routed. The first one, I had to pick up from an incorrect Post Office, and my current order is missing. It’s somewhere, just no one knows WHERE it is, but hey, it’ll come sometime, you know?
    I have been buying from InStockTrades for years and have purchased hundreds of graphic novels from them. It has always taken them 2 to 3 weeks to process my orders. Lately, about the last 8 to 12 months, they have taken one to 3 months to process my orders. Ninety percent of my orders during that time were not processed, and/or refunded without explanation or a email to me explaining why they cancelled my orders. They didn't refund me either. I had to write down a list of all the items I have did not receive, and email the lists to them. Only then did I receive a refund and they were slow about processing it. They never apologized or emailed me because of their problems. And believe me, it was all their problem and none of mine. Another problem is that has continued with them is their shipping and handling methods! It is lame at best. They also do not have a business telephone number where customers can call about a problem or concern! Who in the heck is in business without a telephone number these days? Absolutely ridiculous!!! After spending thousands of dollars with this company, they still have no explanation as to why they never got back to me after sending them numerous emails voicing my concerns and the whereabout of my orders. So I wouldn't buy a 24 ct gold plated graphic novel from them for a dollar. I really hate this company for the way they treated me. If I were you, I wouldn't buy anything from them ever again.

I received an email from IST stating,New releases will be delayed at IST today due to bad weather conditions.New releases will be moved to this upcoming Thursday instead.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

I also got the e-mail from IST, yet they didn't mention anything about the order I placed ONE MONTH ago that hasn't shipped yet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I also got the e-mail from IST, yet they didn't mention anything about the order I placed ONE MONTH ago that hasn't shipped yet.
    Prepare to keep waiting. I ordered a book from them on December 5th and finally just cancelled it a few days ago. It was over two months with no movement. I wouldn't recommend anyone place further orders until they get things back on track, but maybe that's selfish of me. I have another book I am still waiting on from last month.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I've also considered placing no more orders until they catch up. I know I'm only one person, and don't order more than 1-2x a month, but I figure every little bit helps. I risk missing out on a few things (at least in the short term), but most of my books were already pre-ordered thru DCBS anyway. For some reason that branch of the company doesn't seem to be having any issues.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES