Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It took them 8 days to ship my ''Weapon X The Return'' and '' Harley Quinn and Gotham City Sirens'' omnibuses... I ordered ''Wonder Woman by Perez Omni, vol. 3''. It has been 10 days and they haven't shipped it yet... They used to ship on the same day or mostly 2 days later. I hope my omnibuses will arrive... But i'm kind of nervous. My latest order from them is ''Infinite Crisis Omnibus'' and it has been 4 days and it hasn't been shipped yet... And all this sending orders to wrong addresses and wrong post offices rumors lately really made me nervous... I hope my omnis will arrive...

Amazing Member

I'm pretty new to buying up collected edition books and learned about IST about a month ago and for the most part it's been pretty decent in terms of shipping (takes about 4-5 days to get to California) and the packaging is damn amazing compared to amazon and CGN (They sent me a Daredevil omnibus with most of the pages bent in the upper corner and it doesn't seem like they do refunds or exchanges so I took my business elsewhere). I have a package with about 5 books coming today, and my Infinite Crisis omnibus and Multiversity deluxe should be shipping out today.

But I seem to have had one problem and I'm not sure what's going on with it. I placed an order on 6/6 for a Transmetropolitan Absolute Vol 1 and it shipped on 6/9. For some reason even though I had picked the USPS Media Mail option that I always pick, it was changed to UPS. I check the tracking on 6/10 on UPS website and it says it will be here on Saturday 6/16. It never arrived Saturday, I'm assuming due to weekend, so I'm thinking it will come here today. But what's really got me worried is that nothing has been updated since the 12th on my order and it still says it's in TN. Is this normal for UPS or is my packed screwed? Here's a pic of the tracking showing it still stuck in TN. Hoping that it's just not updating and shows up today

Attachment 67226

Updated: Seems it finally popped up today in California! Hopefully should be getting it by maybe tomorrow at the latest!
    Last edited by HuggyBear; 06-19-2018 at 07:07 AM.

And now for some balancing in a positive way..........
    I got my books this afternoon; one day ahead of schedule
    Oh and the packaging was terrific

IST is the best place to purchase new hard covers if you are in the states. I've ordered countless times from them and I've never had damaged books. They've always delivered my orders in a timely fashion. Also, in the rare occasion that I need to contact them, they have always replied promptly and kindly. Good luck finding a better service for this hobby.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    IST is the best place to purchase new hard covers if you are in the states. I've ordered countless times from them and I've never had damaged books. They've always delivered my orders in a timely fashion. Also, in the rare occasion that I need to contact them, they have always replied promptly and kindly. Good luck finding a better service for this hobby.
    I don't think anyone is arguing there's a better option here in the US, or that people are jumping ship. But it's clear there's been a recent drop in service, and that's ok to point out even if they are still the best

I've found there customer service to be impeccable.In the many years that I've been there was only one incident and that was quickly taken care of.
    I also appreciate the loyalty discounts they give too.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Looking back at my 35 or so orders from the last 2+ years, it would seem that they have upped their shipping costs by several dollars. For non-US buyers like myself, this does make quite a difference as we're paying north of $35 for each order when there's at least one Omnibus and any other trade included. Like I mentioned earlier, I can't fault them on any other issue - they are my absolute favourite comic trade retailer but I'm having to be extremely wary on how I spend my hard-earned cash.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

In Stock Trades has always been all the ball with me here in the states! Fast delivery, great with questions, and service.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

It seems IST has gotten a better hold on what my initial complaints were.

My last four orders came through in a satisfactory time. More than two weeks was silly.

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    I've found there customer service to be impeccable.In the many years that I've been there was only one incident and that was quickly taken care of.
    I also appreciate the loyalty discounts they give too.
    Same. Around half a year ago I was moving and had a very large order shipped to a relative's address. Although it was marked as being delivered, it never showed up (I'm thinking someone stole the package).....Even with that huge order, IST sent me a replacement to my new address after I finished moving. With the whole aspect of multiple addresses and such, they could've easily assumed I was trying to scam them (Especially with that large order), but they sent me the replacement, no questions asked. Of course, it probably helps that I have a multi-year history of ordering from them with no issues, previously.

Also, there was a point, a while back, where some of my orders took a lot longer than usual to come in, but I wasn't worked up about it. And they've been back to form in terms of shipping speed with my last several orders.

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    I placed an order on 6/6 for a Transmetropolitan Absolute Vol 1 and it shipped on 6/9. For some reason even though I had picked the USPS Media Mail option that I always pick, it was changed to UPS.
    If you have a high-priced enough order they'll usually bump the shipping method up to a more expensive format, free of charge. That's likely why they changed it to UPS on you.

It took 12 days to get my latest order. The packaging is top notch so I don’t mind it taking longer. The thing that bothered me is that it took over a week just to show any action at all on my order.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    It took 12 days to get my latest order. The packaging is top notch so I don’t mind it taking longer. The thing that bothered me is that it took over a week just to show any action at all on my order.
    I ordered my FF Byrne V1 Omnibus the day it came out, which was a Tuesday. It didn’t even leave their doors until 8 days later. I finally received it this past Saturday. (11 days for me.)

Once it leaves their doors, it goes quick enough...they just don’t process their orders as fast as we’d like. I’ve gotten used to it...not like I need an overnighted Omnibus or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I ordered my FF Byrne V1 Omnibus the day it came out, which was a Tuesday. It didn’t even leave their doors until 8 days later. I finally received it this past Saturday. (11 days for me.)

Once it leaves their doors, it goes quick enough...they just don’t process their orders as fast as we’d like. I’ve gotten used to it...not like I need an overnighted Omnibus or something.
    I agree. I’ve got such a backlog I don’t really mind at all. If I did I’d pay for the quicker shipping.

I don't know about anyone else, but IST's turn-around time on my last couple orders was pretty good. Got each package shipped out two days after ordering them.....With one of the orders, I bought two copies of Black Monday Murders vol 1, and they sent an email the following day asking if that was an error or if I intended to order two copies. I responded letting them know it was intentional, and the package got shipped out the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but IST's turn-around time on my last couple orders was pretty good. Got each package shipped out two days after ordering them.....With one of the orders, I bought two copies of Black Monday Murders vol 1, and they sent an email the following day asking if that was an error or if I intended to order two copies. I responded letting them know it was intentional, and the package got shipped out the next day.
    I ordered the Amazing Spidey Michelinie/McFarlane Omnibus on Tuesday, and it shipped the next day. This is the first time in 20 orders over the last year they've gotten a book out that quickly for me.