Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
    I placed an order on 10/31 for four books, just over $50, so I qualified for free shipping. I still paid the $4 upcharge for UPS ground shipping, through.

A week later, two of the four books are showing up as "picked and scanned," while the other two are still "waiting to process."

Should I be concerned, or is this business as usual?
    My IST order arrived yesterday -- four books, all packed beautifully and in perfect condition. I'm sure I got them as quickly as I did by paying the $4 upcharge, which I recommend to all. So it took exactly two weeks from placing the order to having them arrive.
    Author of the law review article "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice," Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).
    Download it for free at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544

All-New Member

Is IST Standard Free shipping delivered with USPS? I just noticed they increased Media Mail from 50 cents to $1.50.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by silentcurve View Post
    Is IST Standard Free shipping delivered with USPS? I just noticed they increased Media Mail from 50 cents to $1.50.
    It's delivered via UPS Mail Innovations. UPS carries it partially to USPS who then delivers it. It was pretty slow during the summer, but it's been better lately.

All-New Member

Shipping has greatly improved in the last few weeks, though support (at least for me) continues to be totally absent. I reached out to them about an order that they shipped incomplete over a month ago with no reply. I sent a second email about a second issue two weeks ago with no response. I don't want to keep emailing, since that just makes the problem worse, but I'm also frustrated that I'm not sure how to follow up otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Razumikhin View Post
    Shipping has greatly improved in the last few weeks, though support (at least for me) continues to be totally absent. I reached out to them about an order that they shipped incomplete over a month ago with no reply. I sent a second email about a second issue two weeks ago with no response. I don't want to keep emailing, since that just makes the problem worse, but I'm also frustrated that I'm not sure how to follow up otherwise.
    I had e-mailed them last week asking about a book I could not find on their site. They responded the next day.

Maybe order specific questions are taking longer to process?

All-New Member

I'm having problems with a package that seems to have been lost in the mail either by UPS or USPS. UPS supposedly gave it to USPS over a week ago, but USPS is denying ever receiving it. I'm giving it a week for either IST to respond or the package to arrive before I dispute the charge with my credit card company.

EDIT: Well, half an hour after I posted this, I got a text message from USPS saying it was out for delivery. Guess it's not lost after all.
    Last edited by jurassicbond; 11-20-2020 at 06:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My last few IST shipments have had the large bubble wrap vs the vacuum pack foam they've used for a decade. This is when I get a standard Omni or three like before.
    When I got non standard size books I got foam peanuts. I was just wondering if the bubble wrap is what others are seeing? My books still arrive fine.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

All-New Member

IST did finally get back to me about my questions and were of great help - so the service was great even if very slow.

I've also been getting the bubble wrap for orders with standard size books, and the peanuts for oversized ones. At least so far the bubble wrap has been holding up just as well as the foam packs.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My last few IST shipments have had the large bubble wrap vs the vacuum pack foam they've used for a decade. This is when I get a standard Omni or three like before.
    When I got non standard size books I got foam peanuts. I was just wondering if the bubble wrap is what others are seeing? My books still arrive fine.
    It's been random for me. I've received 5 different orders the past two months and it seems like it depends on what fits best. I've received foam peanuts, thick foam, as well as bubble wrap all different times within the past two months.

My latest IST package came in 6 days after I made the order.....Not bad at all.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've noticed the same thing; large bubble wrap in my last several IST shipments. My monthly DCBS box still shows up with the vacuum packed foam blocks they've always used.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I've noticed the same thing; large bubble wrap in my last several IST shipments. My monthly DCBS box still shows up with the vacuum packed foam blocks they've always used.

My IST shipments have been foam blocks......Which is what I prefer. I hate when they use the styrofoam pellets, it's such a hassle to clean up and throw away.

Incredible Member

Has anyone had any contact with ToW lately? I've emailed them on 2 separate occasions, on the 11th and 22nd of this month and haven't heard back yet.

Spectacular Member

Curious if any international customers have any recent feedback on IST.

I've placed an order with them for the first time in years, as I noticed their international shipping costs have substantially reduced. I got Fedex Priority 2-4 day shipping for $44, compared to around $80 previously for their slowest, non-tracked shipping (before any US people balk at those prices, it still works out cheaper than Amazon and our locals!). The order has just been picked and scanned but not processed, and I notice the tracking number section says "Standard Media - Tracking numbers will be available once items have shipped." Should this not say Fedex Priority or something similar to what I picked, or will that all change once it's shipped? I guess I'm just worried their system was glitching and what I selected was too good to be true. I did screenshot the dropdown of the various methods and prices as a 'just in case' measure...

So many times, on IST, the listing for an item I have on my wish-list, is not the listing that ends up being released. So I look at my wish-list (which doesn't have actual release dates for anything) and think that the item is yet to be released, meanwhile it has been released, but under a different listing that they didn't generate until after I had added it to my wish-list. This happened again recently with JLI omni 2.