Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Well, my order placed on 1/19 will finally ship today.

Incredible Member

Was it a DC book?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Was it a DC book?
    No. Three Marvel books...Thor/Eternals Celestial Saga TPB, an Incredible Hulk Epic and an Avengers Epic. I was trying to avoid ordering DC books as they advised, but I guess they're having trouble even getting ahold of some Marvel books as well. The Hulk one was picked and scanned within a couple days of ordering, but the other two took over a month.

Incredible Member

Anyone still waiting on DC books? I have an order from Jan 23rd now that hasn't moved. I just wonder how it could be so slow.
    I've been trying to order DC books since December 5th with no movement at all. Cancelled the others but I'm trying to stick it out for Absolute Batman Year One.

Sorry to be a broken record, but I want to keep checking my status against others, because I can imagine orders being forgotten about in all this craziness.
    Last edited by Johnatellodi; 03-05-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Anyone still waiting on DC books? I have an order from Jan 23rd now that hasn't moved. I just wonder how it could be so slow.
    I've been trying to order DC books since December 5th with no movement at all. Cancelled the others but I'm trying to stick it out for Absolute Batman Year One.

Sorry to be a broken record, but I want to keep checking my status against others, because I can imagine orders being forgotten about in all this craziness.
    I placed an order for three Marvel books on 1/19 and my order did not ship until 2/22.

I placed an order for two DC books (Batman Golden Age Omnibus 8 and Justice League International Omnibus 2) on 1/27 and they shipped on 2/5.

So, I don't think their delays are necessarily DC books despite what they're saying on their website.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I placed an order for three Marvel books on 1/19 and my order did not ship until 2/22.

I placed an order for two DC books (Batman Golden Age Omnibus 8 and Justice League International Omnibus 2) on 1/27 and they shipped on 2/5.

So, I don't think their delays are necessarily DC books despite what they're saying on their website.
    Interesting. I appreciate the feedback.

Incredible Member

What a coincidence I didn't want to take a chance of ordering a large thing like an Absolute getting dented during shipment that with my stimulus pay I went to my LCS which always has 30% off cover price on all books and picked up Absolute Batman Year One.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    What a coincidence I didn't want to take a chance of ordering a large thing like an Absolute getting dented during shipment that with my stimulus pay I went to my LCS which always has 30% off cover price on all books and picked up Absolute Batman Year One.
    I hear ya. I ended up canceling my Year One order from IST and ordered it from Amazon instead. It was a tad pricier and I felt a little sad about it, until the book arrived the very next day. I went from waiting over two months with no movement to getting the book the next day, so it was worth it in the end.

What do you think of the original coloring job?

Incredible Member

I was just told that a book I had on pre-order (3 months in advance) is out of stock and they can't get me a copy. Is this a common thing to happen when pre-ordering. The book in question was released late january and I am just getting this information from there. I am not pleased with this.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I was just told that a book I had on pre-order (3 months in advance) is out of stock and they can't get me a copy. Is this a common thing to happen when pre-ordering. The book in question was released late january and I am just getting this information from there. I am not pleased with this.
    My preorder of The World of Black Hammer Volume 2 hasn't been canceled yet, but the release date has been repeatedly pushed back on their website. Originally it was February 23rd, now the site says 4/21, even though it's been available on Amazon for two months. No response to my e-mail to them. I'm worried I'll eventually get an e-mail saying it's out of stock and I'm also worried how it'll affect the other books that were part of the order if they go out of stock in the meantime.

Spectacular Member

I must've been lucky in November, I was aware of issues others had been experiencing so I was quite surprised when my order was picked/scanned and shipped to Australia within 4 days. Not so fortunate this time, I placed an order on 2/23 and it only just shipped today. There are 12 books in the order and it got to a point where only 1 to 2 books were being picked and scanned each week.

Just as an FYI, both orders were fairly similar in that they were a mix of modern TPBs and HCs (both DC and Marvel) and a few Marvel Epic Collections.

Amazing Member

I have pretty much stopped using IST and then foolishly placed an order over a week ago that still hasn't been picked or scanned. It will be the last one. Regardless of discount, there has to be some type of standard I accept as a consumer. As long as we all continue to order from them we are saying this is ok, which it most certainly is not. You have to vote with you $ or accept the terrible service.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    I have pretty much stopped using IST and then foolishly placed an order over a week ago that still hasn't been picked or scanned. It will be the last one. Regardless of discount, there has to be some type of standard I accept as a consumer. As long as we all continue to order from them we are saying this is ok, which it most certainly is not. You have to vote with you $ or accept the terrible service.
    I also realize 8 days is nothing compared to what IST typically does but it's a lot longer than I am going to accept anymore. I sold 3 Omnibus on Ebay last week and the auction ended Sunday. I ran out of time Monday so I shipped them yesterday, feeling stressed that I was going too slow. It's pretty telling that to maintain a good seller rating on Ebay you only have 3 days to ship. That means IST has never met the acceptable level of an average Ebay seller.

All-New Member

Even worse now for me is they picked, scanned, and sent me a tracking number 2 weeks ago that still hasn't been picked up by USPS. Before when I would (finally) get tracking, I would at least know it was on the way. I emailed them and of course, no response. I really didn't want to do this last order, but I got suckered with the cheap price on the Spawn Compendium the week it released.

Long time customer, as I live outside of US/UK I don't have a lot of options. InStockTrades has pretty decent prices but lately there were... problems. And not just with how long I have to wait until they ship my order (sometimes it takes up to month).

So I had my eyes on that pretty rare manga, and they had it in stock. I've placed my order. Two weeks passes, I write them "hey, is it in stock?". They reply " yes, we have one copy, we just can't find it". Me: "I'll wait, no problemo".

Another two weeks pass, they send me an e-mail "I'm sorry, we can't find it, do you want a refund or a substitution?", I replied "okay refund me but PLEASE let me know in case you find it? I'll buy it 1000 %".

One month later. I notice they have this book on the site AGAIN. They've updated it not long ago, I've decided to give it a try once again.

-Hey, do you have it in stock?
    -Yes. We have 1 copy.
    Ordered the same evening.
    Book becomes OOS on the site, I am happy, because greedy resellers sell it on Ebay for few hundreds bucks and I really want to complete my collection.

-I'm sorry, we don't have it in stock anymore. Do you want a refund or substitution?
    -Are you f@/#/#^#&# kidding me. I've asked you BEFOREHAND if you have it in stock or not, it's been few hours!!!
    -We're sowwy :c

Yeah.
    I'm still buying from them but if I had any decent alternatives (except InStock and TFAW), I would have left for good.
    This is not a comic shop anymore, this is circus.