Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
    Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

More new books go up in about 20 minutes on ISTs site.

Amazing Member

A bunch of this week’s Marvel releases are on IST at 55% off including a Savage Sword of Conan. Nothing I’m interested in but thought I’d share the news since we haven’t seen any “Deals of the Week” on the site in quite a while.

Ugh, my order of 4 books from almost a month ago still hasn't even shipped because one of the books that they had when I ordered is no longer in stock, holding up my entire order, with zero info on if/when they'll ever get that book back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I ordered the Swamp Thing omnibus on March 26th. It is still marked as "waiting to process".

And it looks like just recently, it is no longer available on their site.

Not feeling too good about this one...
    If anyone was wondering, I heard back from IST...

They are expecting more copies of Swamp Thing New 52 Omnibus this week and should be able to fulfill any open orders.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    If anyone was wondering, I heard back from IST...

They are expecting more copies of Swamp Thing New 52 Omnibus this week and should be able to fulfill any open orders.
    They got some more in because my order with it finally shipped.

Now I'm just waiting on East of West Year 3...

IST finally updated their coming soon section!

They now have 18 pages of titles instead of just 1

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Ugh, my order of 4 books from almost a month ago still hasn't even shipped because one of the books that they had when I ordered is no longer in stock, holding up my entire order, with zero info on if/when they'll ever get that book back in.
    1,5 months in, still waiting for my order to be shipped. This is ridiculous. Would have cancelled it if I had any alternatives...

Ugh. Well they finally shipped my order, but they went and used UPS "innovations", which takes it most of the way, and then hands it off to USPS for the final leg.
    I have no clue why they did that, as shipping it just USPS media mail all the way is cheaper and quicker.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Ugh. Well they finally shipped my order, but they went and used UPS "innovations", which takes it most of the way, and then hands it off to USPS for the final leg.
    I have no clue why they did that, as shipping it just USPS media mail all the way is cheaper and quicker.
    Most (if not all?) of my IST orders are shipped that way. I don't know the reasoning behind it either. It's been a loooong time, but I've had a couple orders take longer than usual because they've fallen through the cracks somewhere in the transfer process. They showed up eventually, but after an extra week or so.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Are you leaving the shipping option at the default Standard Media when you purchase from IST? I find from experience that they always use Innovations in that case. I've been lucky enough only to get one bad experience via Innovations, but for most of my recent pandemic-time orders I've been taking the plunge for UPS Ground Shipping (Media Mail is also a shipping upgrade option).

(It helps that all my recent purchases from IST have been on the pricier side like Omnibuses so that $4 shipping upgrade doesn't make that much of a difference)
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 05-09-2021 at 08:32 AM.

I placed an order with IST in March and it still hasn't shipped over 2 months later because I guess 1 book is not in stock (all picked and scanned but 1 book).

In the past I remember this company used to email you if you wanted to replace the item with something else or just a refund - but I guess they now just hold on to the entire order for months on end.
    Seems pretty crazy. No response to an email I sent either.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Incredible Member

Just had East of West Vol 3 HC cancelled on me by IST. That's been pending since April 3. It's only been a week on the Criminal 1 and 2 reprints, but I feel relatively confident IST is going to cancel those too.

Incredible Member

For those who had an item substituted in an order by IST because they cancelled the original item, what was the process like for you?

They asked me if I wanted to substitute anything into my order. I told them if the substitute book I wanted was actually in stock, they could sub it in, otherwise, send my order without it.

Are they going to manually update my order information? Or give me a new order number?

My substitute book was same cover price as the one they cancelled. And I'm assuming they are going to apply my extra 2% discount that was in that order to the substitute book if they include the substitute book. I received no reply to my email so I'm not sure if they're even paying attention to it.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    For those who had an item substituted in an order by IST because they cancelled the original item, what was the process like for you?

They asked me if I wanted to substitute anything into my order. I told them if the substitute book I wanted was actually in stock, they could sub it in, otherwise, send my order without it.

Are they going to manually update my order information? Or give me a new order number?

My substitute book was same cover price as the one they cancelled. And I'm assuming they are going to apply my extra 2% discount that was in that order to the substitute book if they include the substitute book. I received no reply to my email so I'm not sure if they're even paying attention to it.
    When you substitute a book they just update the order and ship it immediately if they have the substituted book. Since the book is the same price the 2% remains.

Just reply to the email saying what you want and they will get back to you.

I used tales of wonder but I’m getting an email from IST... I got two emails today that Fate of the Phoenix and McSpidey Complete are on back order. I ordered back in February and they were available to order long after I placed mine. I’m fine with waiting, but the email (which I replied to) said to reselect or they’ll be canceled. No. I want the books. I’m willing to wait. What will they do? Should I just order them on Amazon? What about the rest of my order? Without these books it’ll go under the free shipping threshold... ugh what a pain...