Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Everyone replying to this and being reasonable and polite have my utmost respect. No idea how you’re able to do it!

lol I think we're being taken for a ride. Nobody can be that obstinate over a book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    lol I think we're being taken for a ride. Nobody can be that obstinate over a book.
    You have no idea how obstinate I can be, particularly when I am right. Which I am.
    Sellers do not get to blame or hold responsible customers for their (the sellers) mistake. By law it is my book to do with as I please. IST has no claim to it. Those telling me to “return” the item are telling me to send someone my property in exchange for nothing.
    IST didn’t even offer to send a box or packing material. Am I to purchase these on my own time with my own money? I don't have boxes, packing peanuts, or packing tape on hand. You would think a seller would consider this when demanding a customer fix the sellers error, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    . . . Those telling me to “return” the item are telling me to send someone my property in exchange for nothing.
    (NOTE: Emphasis on the word "MY" added by me.)
    I thought it was a book you didn't order / didn't pay for?

IST didn’t even offer to send a box or packing material. Am I to purchase these on my own time with my own money? I don't have boxes, packing peanuts, or packing tape on hand. You would think a seller would consider this when demanding a customer fix the sellers error, wouldn't you?
    Since you're such a "good customer" of theirs, maybe they think you'd have those on hand from previous orders they sent you? Maybe they're also expecting you to use the box/packaging the book was sent to you in to return the book to them?

You have no idea how obstinate I can be, particularly when I am right. Which I am.
    Sellers do not get to blame or hold responsible customers for their (the sellers) mistake. By law it is my book to do with as I please. IST has no claim to it. Those telling me to “return” the item are telling me to send someone my property in exchange for nothing.
    I don't know why you keep going on about the law, because as far as I can see, no one has said you have a legal obligation to return it.

I think people are recommending you send it back because they think it's the right and decent thing to do. Someone made a mistake, and with a little bit of effort, you can help rectify it.

Obviously, you don't agree and that's your prerogative. But I'm not sure that "The law's on my side" is going to convince people you're right, when that's not the reason for their opinion in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Don't you know about the finders-keepers law? The other day my bagger at the grocery store accidentally dropped their wallet into my cart while I was checking out, so of course it belongs to me now. Grocery stores do not get to blame or hold responsible customers for their mistake. By law it is my wallet to do with as I please. The grocery store has no claim to it. Those telling me to "return" the item are telling me to send someone my property in exchange for nothing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    Don't you know about the finders-keepers law? The other day my bagger at the grocery store accidentally dropped their wallet into my cart while I was checking out, so of course it belongs to me now. Grocery stores do not get to blame or hold responsible customers for their mistake. By law it is my wallet to do with as I please. The grocery store has no claim to it. Those telling me to "return" the item are telling me to send someone my property in exchange for nothing.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ed-merchandise

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Since you're such a "good customer" of theirs, maybe they think you'd have those on hand from previous orders they sent you? Maybe they're also expecting you to use the box/packaging the book was sent to you in to return the book to them?
    https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ed-merchandise
    I don't save garbage.

Am I "Good customer"? Yes I am. Here are screen shots of the most recent PAGES of my order history from IST.Attachment 81645Attachment 81646Attachment 81644
    Last edited by Bri; 04-25-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Incredible Member

They probably should have just told you to keep the book if it wasn't some expensive/special book or at the very least not tell you they will charge you for it on your next order as it was their mistake. I get that. At the same time, it seems sort of unhealthy to be so angry over this. I would return it and move on with your life. Stop giving them your business if that makes you feel better.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Okay folks - Bri asked for opinions on this matter, and he has been given them. In spades.

While the general civility of the discourse is much appreciated, it's clear that no one is changing anyone else's opinion here. This conversation could easily go downhill at this point, so maybe it's time we all agree to disagree and move on.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Okay folks - Bri asked for opinions on this matter, and he has been given them. In spades.

While the general civility of the discourse is much appreciated, it's clear that no one is changing anyone else's opinion here. This conversation could easily go downhill at this point, so maybe it's time we all agree to disagree and move on.
    Personally, I'm disappointed Bri never gave us an update on IST's response, and any possible reply Bri may have made afterward.....We were left on a major cliffhanger in this intensely dramatic episode. This is like waiting a year and a half for season 8 of Game Of Thrones all over again.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    This is true. "Liked"
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Personally, I'm disappointed Bri never gave us an update on IST's response, and any possible reply Bri may have made afterward.....We were left on a major cliffhanger in this intensely dramatic episode. This is like waiting a year and a half for season 8 of Game Of Thrones all over again.
    IST's response was to let me keep the book free of charge, as is required by law.
    I have since placed another order with IST and with their sister company, Tales of Wonder.
    Last edited by Bri; 05-05-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    It all worked out then. That's definitely not a GoT's ending.
    In an odd way, it actually is. It was a completely unexpected resolution to the whole scenario.