Okay, so Terry is facing a series of individuals or groups all of whom react to him as if he is some sort of devil creature. But Terry KNOWS that in his rogue's gallery he has an enemy whose specialty is making people hallucinate. In fact, he himself was in that villain's control for some vaguely defined period of time while Tim Drek was wearing the suit.

So why is Terry, in panel after panel after panel, saying "I don't understand why everybody is reacting to me like that"? Of all people, he should be the first to be thinking: "Gee, this looks like something Spellbinder would do."

Now maybe it won't turn out to be Spellbinder behind the current attack. That's not my point. My point is that, in story, Terry should be thinking this from the very start. The moment he is facing somebody who seems to have a warped perception of reality, he should be at least suspect Spellbinder might be behind it. Terry is not stupid. He should not be written like he is stupid. He may not have Bruce's intellect, but that doesn't mean he is a total moron. He does not need Bruce to tell him to suspect Spellbinder.