Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I was always under the impression that Supes was heavily inspired by Edgar Rice Burroughs two big IPs. John Carter of Mars and Tarzan of the Apes. Superman leaping through the air and having enhanced strength due to weaker gravity. Coming from John Carter. And the fantastical adventures of Superman and Lois meant to parallel Tarzan and Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's an interesting take that I haven't heard before. I had no idea there were White Supremacist/Nazi/Alt-Right Superman fans trying to do mental gymnastics to distance the character from his Jewish creators.

Not all anti semites are white supremacists. Btw I have no use/respect/regard for white supremacists.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    Not all anti semites are white supremacists. Btw I have no use/respect/regard for white supremacists.
    You're certainly right about that. Farrakhan, for instance, is not shy about his anti-semetism.

However, I would guess that Farrakhan and his followers were not the turds in the punchbowl you were referring to who are trying to distance Superman from his Jewish creators

Where is this kind of argument being made? This is the first I've heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    You're certainly right about that. Farrakhan, for instance, is not shy about his anti-semetism.

However, I would guess that Farrakhan and his followers were not the turds in the punchbowl you were referring to who are trying to distance Superman from his Jewish creators

Where is this kind of argument being made? This is the first I've heard of it.

A member or 2 on these boards. They definitely try to give Wylie creator credit for Superman. As to anti Semitism, it's very possible that i infer things that they don't imply.
    John Martin, citizen & rightful ruler of the omniverse.