All-New Member

Default Where should I start with X-Men comics?

I wanted to get into X-Men comics for a long time but i don't know where to start.

Thanks for your help.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I assume there's a thread in the dedicated X-Books section on the forum but my advice would be to just keep your eye out on any new series launches. The X-Men have a fairly complicated history, but in my experience new series launches are generally easy to get into if you can accept some of the weirder conventions of the franchise: Time/Alternate Universe travel, and characters created from said time/alternate universe travel. It's only overwhelming if you think too hard about things, jump on when things are slow and it's an easy ride.

As for specific recommendations, are you looking for a current series or just for good X-Men comics in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitrix10 View Post
    I wanted to get into X-Men comics for a long time but i don't know where to start.
    Well, for one thing, this is the general "Marvel Comics" section of the Forum you've posted this in.

You might want to check out the separate X-Books sub-section (though that can be a bit intimidating).

Pick and choose. Don’t bother “starting” anywhere, just always assume crap happens between good runs.

That said, Morrison’s NXM is controversial but fun and deals with ALL the themes that X-Men could and should be about.

Claremont's run or 90s X-men.

I find it so funny that people freak out when people post about x-men comics in the normal marvel comics section.

Anyway.. Phoenix Resurrection and X-Men Red are good current places to start if you want to jump into what's going on now. If you want to go back further, most people suggest starting with Giant Sized X-Men #1 and going from there. My starting point was X-Men #1 in the early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I find it so funny that people freak out when people post about x-men comics in the normal marvel comics section.
    I wouldn't call it "freak out". It's more like "redirection" (especially since there's a good chance the thread may be relocated to the proper section in the not-too-distant future).