Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I can't imagine DC could be happy with Man of Steel #1. It wasn't a disaster or anything but I have to think they expected a lot more. In my opinion they should have had Bendis debut with a new Action Comics #1. Having him officially debut in DC Nation and then in Man of Steel and then again in two other new books diminished the impact.

I am also not sure if the relatively low sales are more reflective of Superman's current low standing or more a sign that creators jumping ship doesn't hold as much weight as it used to.
    Not everybody cares for Superman. And I can say the same for a lot of guys-who many act like have to be shoved in everybody's face to keep comics alive.

Also I think everyone is waiting for the DC version of Miles Morales & Riri Williams to show up in Superman. Especially since we have a tv show called Kryton showing black members of the House of Zod.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not everybody cares for Superman. And I can say the same for a lot of guys-who many act like have to be shoved in everybody's face to keep comics alive.
    I assume you're talking about Batman?

I think the fact that not everybody cares about Superman has been part of DC's problem for the past several years.
    Also I think everyone is waiting for the DC version of Miles Morales & Riri Williams to show up in Superman. Especially since we have a tv show called Kryton showing black members of the House of Zod.
    Natasha Irons is pretty Riri-like, although she's joining the Titans books.

I think Kenan Kong is as close as you're going to get a Miles equivalent in the Superman-Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's the 90's all over again .
    Don’t even make a joke about it! The idea is too horrible to contemplate.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I do think the relatively low numbers say more about Superman than Bendis. He's just not a big seller anymore, and hasn't really been for a very long time. I don't think that is going to change any time soon. DC will never take him out of his Trinity spot, but it might suit them well to think about giving another character all the chances they give him.

I agree with Frontier, Kenan is a good comparison to Miles. I think he's a great character and I really hope he doesn't get forgotten. Actually Bendis writing him makes sense, although there's a couple reasons that is unlikely.