Thread: Plastic Man!

Amazing Member

Default Plastic Man!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave our first issue a try. It means a lot, I know everyone has a limited Comics budget so it’s always a big deal when they pick up a book I worked on.

So far, DC seems really happy. Comic shops are reporting sell-outs and reorders already, so that is always a good sign.

I love Eel. A lot of readers correctly got the central idea, to go back to Jack Cole’s very first take on the character, which was heavily influenced by crime stories.

I’ve always said there are two ways to write Plas. One is, let him be the straight man and everyone else be the weirdo/comic relief, and the other is, let him be the odd duck in a much straighter world. We chose the second way. Both are valid, but we chose to have him be the focus.

And I love love love the art by Adriana Melo, and the colors of Kelly Fitzpatrick. I can’t wait for you to see the oddball DC characters coming up.

Yay!

I loved the first issue! Thank you for bringing us an enjoyable first issue, Gail. I'm looking forward to what you have in store for us next.

And I agree, Adriana Melo's art is fantastic! Love her Plas...

Loved the first issue. Plas has always been one of my favorites and I’m so happy to see him being more prominent in the DCU agin. Thank you Gail!

Extraordinary Member

Awesome news. Never even knew it was a series now, so will pick up

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I loved the first issue and can't wait to see more. Plas is a favorite character of mine and I'm glad to see him again. Thank you so much. You've made this Plas fan very happy.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was lukewarm on the first issue but your past work will keep me on board for the next issue at least to see where you are going with the story. Congratulations on the sales success!

Issue 3 was another fun read. Really loved the little meta joke with Plas turning into Harley. Also the way that Harley is oversexualized (especially in the Suicide Squad movie).

I really hope the villain behind the robotic voice ends up being The Brain.