Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Magneto isn't "wrinkly" he's a gorgeous hunk about 40 years of age. He's too good for Rogue. I feel sorry for Gambit, who becomes an appendage of Rogue--her puppy dog--from now on. I wouldn't want that to happen to Magneto. But I am annoyed and envious because Magneto should have his own comic series, which sold 3 X as much as the recent ROGUE AND GAMBIT. Scott Summers is still dead. Emma Frost is still on the fringes, used only in cameo appearances. Jean is walled in RED; she's the top-tier X-Men character, but segregated in the excellent RED. All these characters, and many more, are heavy-weights, more important with more world-wide fans than Romy, yet someone in the power structure of Marvel is focusing on Romy instead.

And the whole way this was handled is just dumb.

And I'm worried about Magneto's future. So yeah, Magneto fans in particular are probably a little irritated right now.
    To be fair about Magneto solo, i think that it was more like a passion project from Cullen Bunn (feel free to correct me) and he has been the main writer that has been in charge of him for a while, but most of Marvel editorial don't to be sure in what direction to take Erik, villain with standards?. cruel and evil supremacist?, a good man whose tragedy has lead him to a dark path?, an anti-hero?, they don't know where to go with him and nobody besides Bunn seems to have a solid pitch for the character forward
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-19-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Piotr is a GORGEOUS BEEFY doormat for all God's shoes.

Magneto isn't "wrinkly" he's a gorgeous hunk about 40 years of age. He's too good for Rogue. I feel sorry for Gambit, who becomes an appendage of Rogue--her puppy dog--from now on. I wouldn't want that to happen to Magneto. But I am annoyed and envious because Magneto should have his own comic series, which sold 3 X as much as the recent ROGUE AND GAMBIT. Scott Summers is still dead. Emma Frost is still on the fringes, used only in cameo appearances. Jean is walled in RED; she's the top-tier X-Men character, but segregated in the excellent RED. All these characters, and many more, are heavy-weights, more important with more world-wide fans than Romy, yet someone in the power structure of Marvel is focusing on Romy instead.

And the whole way this was handled is just dumb.

And I'm worried about Magneto's future. So yeah, Magneto fans in particular are probably a little irritated right now.
    Rogue had a leading role in the Avengers in the last few years and was spectacular thank you!

Every time Rogue and Gambit have been together a doomsday clock counts down til someone at Marvels decides they need to inject a problem
    Marriage is gonna be a great big problem for anna and remy
    Not to mention there was no build up to it so its almost like they eloped but I'm sure we can get at least 5 years of married bliss and then the drama til they divorce or one gets killed to widow the other lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair about Magneto solo, i think that it was more like a passion project from Cullen Bunn (feel free to correct me) and he has been the main writer that has been in charge of him for a while, but most of Marvel editorial don't to be sure in what direction to take Erik, villain with standards?. cruel and evil supremacist?, a good man whose tragedy has lead him to a dark path?, an anti-hero?, they don't know where to go with him and nobody besides Bunn seems to have a solid pitch for the character forward
    Actually, former EinC Axel Alonso was a big fan of the MAGNETO series, and there was a definite tone and direction he wanted to take with the character. Mr. Bunn wanted sometimes to go too far into Silver Age territory, but the editors kept him honest. X-MEN Editor in 2014, Nick Lowe, followed by Martz and Mark Paniccia, all understood how cool the anti-hero Magneto is, and supported the book. MAGNETO was a balancing act, that was acceptable to many different fans; some wanted him more violent and crazy, some (like me) wanted him less violent and crazy, but we were all satisfied by MAGNETO because it struck just the right balance.

There is no other path for this character than anti-hero; Magneto has been an anti-hero for many, many years. Only some fanboys I encounter still want to take him back to the 1960s, which unfortunately includes a few reactionaries at Marvel too. Everyone involved in the MAGNETO series did a super job. I don't want to see a new team of editors throw away all the progress (which they tried to do to Emma Frost). I know X-MEN Editor White said he prefers Emma and Magneto to be "villains" (a word that's archaic, insulting, and Marvel should get rid of it) but I hope he will listen to the better angels of his nature, and not impose his personal wants to the detriment of Marvel publishing, Marvel as a company, and Marvel as a creative force. Not to mention, WHY alienate thousands of fans by taking away their characters while giving the small Romy clique what they want? The unfairness of this just annoys me so much.

BANNED

Actually, former EinC Axel Alonso was a big fan of the MAGNETO series, and there was a definite tone and direction he wanted to take with the character. Mr. Bunn wanted sometimes to go too far into Silver Age territory, but the editors kept him honest. X-MEN Editor in 2014, Nick Lowe, followed by Martz and Mark Paniccia, all understood how cool the anti-hero Magneto is, and supported the book. MAGNETO was a balancing act, that was acceptable to many different fans; some wanted him more violent and crazy, some (like me) wanted him less violent and crazy, but we were all satisfied by MAGNETO because it struck just the right balance.

There is no other path for this character than anti-hero; Magneto has been an anti-hero for many, many years. Only some fanboys I encounter still want to take him back to the 1960s, which unfortunately includes a few reactionaries at Marvel too. Everyone involved in the MAGNETO series did a super job. I don't want to see a new team of editors throw away all the progress (which they tried to do to Emma Frost). I know X-MEN Editor White said he prefers Emma and Magneto to be "villains" (a word that's archaic, insulting, and Marvel should get rid of it) but I hope he will listen to the better angels of his nature, and not impose his personal wants to the detriment of Marvel publishing, Marvel as a company, and Marvel as a creative force. Not to mention, WHY alienate thousands of fans by taking away their characters while giving the small Romy clique what they want? The unfairness of this just annoys me so much.
    One reason why Magneto is falling back into villainy is because of the extremely archaic beliefs white Marvel staffers have when it comes to civil rights and social justice. They think peaceful protest and good discourse will solve every problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    SPOILER
    https://m.imgur.com/a/eP1tBd6
    Some of you were right.
    Wow just wow lol

This bother's me quite a lot the more I think about it. As a fan it makes a major story line from X-Men gold mostly a waste of paper because this "twist" kills any type of chance of re-readability for me. As a cognitive person I don't think I could stand and cheer for Rogue and Gambit as Peter and Kitty are both obviously now distraught. Granted something simple in the story could change this such as Rogue and Gambit getting married at a later date but from the NYT article it seems that they just steal the stage which I really hope isn't the case because that it an awful thing to do to your family/friends.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This bother's me quite a lot the more I think about it. As a fan it makes a major story line from X-Men gold mostly a waste of paper because this "twist" kills any type of chance of re-readability for me. As a cognitive person I don't think I could stand and cheer for Rogue and Gambit as Peter and Kitty are both obviously now distraught. Granted something simple in the story could change this such as Rogue and Gambit getting married at a later date but from the NYT article it seems that they just steal the stage which I really hope isn't the case because that it an awful thing to do to your family/friends.
    I mean, in a sense they are doing them a favor by taking the focus off of the couple that just broke up mid-ceremony in front of all their family and friends. Otherwise everyone was probably just going to stand around and drink and gossip about them, right? Not saying it isn't still a bit messed up, but I'm down with making lemonade from these lemons!

i think it's very exciting. if any x-couple can weather a proper marriage, it's rogue and gambit. good luck to them!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Every time Rogue and Gambit have been together a doomsday clock counts down til someone at Marvels decides they need to inject a problem
    Marriage is gonna be a great big problem for anna and remy
    Not to mention there was no build up to it so its almost like they eloped but I'm sure we can get at least 5 years of married bliss and then the drama til they divorce or one gets killed to widow the other lol
    No build up? I won't mention the last 25 years, but they just came out of a mini. I wasn't expecting this, nor do I think it's really necessary, but here we are. KT said much the same, and she's writing it (so it sounds like this came from up high). I mean, how many human years does it take to move forward exactly? And if you think marriage is "bliss", you should try it. It's a challenge. Almost every day, but its worth it if you actually love someone more than yourself or your own petty hang-ups. Marriage only gets bad when you and your spouse stop being friends. A commitment takes away most of the issues couple's have if their doing it right. If your married and still squabling over every little thing, perhaps some warning signs were ignored along the way. But the presence of tention isn't a sign of a bad marriage. It's something that's supposed to be worked through, not abandonned as if your just ending a rental agreement. Ultimately, itll come down to the ability and/or experience of the writer(s) as to how this new phase in their relationship works. That and a strong editorial staff that has the ability to pull the reigns on their writers when they start down a less savory path. They don't have to be all up under each other all the time, nor does it mean they'll be at each other's throats because "marriage sucks". Mine is fine. So is most of my peers. Yeah, most of my friends are married and only one couple seems out of sorts at the moment, but they are working at it. There is one break-up, but thats it. Out of a dozen+ couples (around me), one didn't work out. Nowhere near the national 50% rate. I say that being a son of father on wife #4 and mother on husband #3. lol. Statistics..
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

After reading the Gambit and Rogue mini-series. I figured this was on the way. The 5 issues laid a stronger foundation for Rogue and Gambit then 29 issues of X-men Gold did for Pete and Kitty.

#36 is going to be the last issue of Gold. I may even start reading comics again.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    People always assume it’s for a sexual reason. My bet is she just talks some sense into both of them and this has nothing to do with sexuality.

Same thing about the annual. It will make no sense if she kissed a girl years before the x men. Plus it’s not even a main writer.

I do think down the line Kitty will come out Bi. It’s just not gonna be by the 2nd annual! Lol.
    Yeah, but that doesn't really means much. It made zero sense that Iceman is gay... but it happened.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ultimate Member

If this leads to Kitty finally realizing that Illyana has been her true love all along, them I'm all for it.