Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Gold #31 cover revealed (MAJOR SPOILERS!)

The wedding ain't happening.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Runaway Pryde

covers do tend to lie....a lot

keep that in mind
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

keep that in mind
    Yeah, they kept a cover secret for three months because it's lying. Makes sense!

keep that in mind
    My thoughts exactly. What the cover seems to bill as the bride ditching the wedding could be two pages of Kitty having cold feet in the actual story. Approach with caution.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

keep that in mind
    This. Covers sometimes have a non-literal meaning. So can't get hopes up for people who are hugely against this wedding.

Is it not happening. Or is it happening, and the relationship will be a miserable one? lol

BANNED

keep that in mind
    OTOH, with Jordan "Healthy Relationships Ruin Stories" White as Editor, it's not hard to believe.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Ugh.

...on the plus side I assume this means Mr and Mrs X is a Rogue/Gambit comic. Would be an interesting twist if they got married instead, at least meaning one X-Men iconic couple are finally together.

But seriously, it's stupid to have Katherine go through the same is she, no stick we had with Star Lord.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    My thoughts exactly. What the cover seems to bill as the bride ditching the wedding could be two pages of Kitty having cold feet in the actual story. Approach with caution.
    This is the cover for the issue after the wedding.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Yeah, they kept a cover secret for three months because it's lying. Makes sense!
    Sure, it sounds stupid. But it's Marvel.

Look how they're dragging out this Weapon X #22 team cover reveal when we already knew 4 out of 5 of the team members. And they were dumb enough to have Sabretooth in the mystery silhouettes, despite the fact they outright told us he was the new team leader.

We can't underestimate Marvel's penchant for wasting time, dragging out unnecessary stuff, or just plain stupidity.

But hopefully, this cover is true, and all won't be what we thought with this "wedding."

I usually don't give too much credence to a cover. Astonishing X-men #44 taught me to be skeptical. It's hard to know what it entails since X-men Gold #30 comes out this week and there's no hint of how it'll pan out, but I'll be surprised if Marvel pulls back after hyping up this wedding for so long.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This is the cover for the issue after the wedding.
    All the wedding activity doesn't have to take place in the one issue. Predictable cliffhanger would be getting to the "Do you take this, blah blah blah" or "Does anyone object" part in issue #30, and having someone pipe up with a terribly shocking response. Then pick up next issue with the fallout.

Astonishing Member

Now she can be with Rachel, while colossus can be a siscon

I would DIE laughing / Be MORTIFIED if Guggs breaks them up at the last minute and then BOYO is all like "Well, it be a shame ta waste all dis weddin dats been bought an' paid for, oui Cher?"

And he and Rogue white-trash-steal the wedding and everyone is internally screaming "WTF???"

DON'T YOU DO IT, Marvel.
    Much as I looooooooooove Swamp Rat and Skunk Siphon, that is just not how I want things to go.
    But I would loooooooooooove it as an AU-fever-dream-back-of-the-issue-parody story. ha ha ha
    Last edited by Fokken; 06-18-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Are september solicitations coming this week? or the next?