Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Batman's Facebook relationship status before the wedding: "I am a solitary creature of the night!"

Batman's Facebook relationship status after the wedding: its complicated
    Well, in the interview CBR published today, King was careful not to spoil anything while hyping the excitement, etc. However, he did say that Batman's psychology is such that happiness isn't a happy ending for him. He has built his persona around pain and loss to the point where he experiences happiness as conflict (which goes quite a way to explain some interpretations of his relationship with his Robins).

Fantastic Member

So why do this event in the first place just for shock and sales I guess

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I hated this issue..... and then by the end I kinda liked it?

Art was amazing.
    I think it was a fantastic issue (except the A- cover is meh.. I like the B cover MUCH better imo). Not every single issue of every comic needs to be a world crushing do or die bombastic explosion of bs... As for the art.. it works.. (and i've said this before but putting on the broken record again) I absolutely LOATHE the current artistic interpretation of this Joker... A Neal Adam's Joker in this book would have been f`n AMAZING.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Batman's Facebook relationship status before the wedding: "I am a solitary creature of the night!"

Batman's Facebook relationship status after the wedding: its complicated
    I LOVE this.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I really enjoyed this issue quite a bit. One of the best King issues in the run. The dialogue between the Joker and Catwoman was actually really good. I don't agree with the assessment that if Batman gets married, he'll be happy and no longer Batman though.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It is possible that the script does not specify the gun used.
    It's definitely an artist error. Joker references switching his magazine. Revolvers simply do not use magazines. There is no question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue quite a bit. One of the best King issues in the run. The dialogue between the Joker and Catwoman was actually really good. I don't agree with the assessment that if Batman gets married, he'll be happy and no longer Batman though.
    I honestly don't understand anyone who believes that Batman isn't happy because he isn't married or that believes if Batman gets married he'll suddenly become Happy.
    Or that a happy Bruce = no Batman. Some people just like smacking things.

Fantastic Member

I think it is the perception of it. To me by the time batman reaches the pinnicle of his career which is what earth prime is about he does this because of his alturistic nature to help others so they do not become victims like he was when he was younger. If clark had no super powers he would rather be home with lois and do his job as journalist that is their differences I think. Also yeah he loves selina but how will that marriage work if they do not trust or even respect each others career choices you can tell that is how it written and is within their characters.. That is the point most people like myself who are anti marriage been saying from the start. All the other times they became a couple it was selina who had to give up being catwoman before any idea of marriage but this time they are not doing that which makes no sense that s the only way they can ever be together I think. But modern readers especially of the feminist persuasion do not want this which is okay I agree with them on this for different reasons. Well that is my take on this. So I will give it a year before they divorce in comic and real time because of the complications if they do not resolve them in either a realistic or comicy way. I read the comic and only the actual confrentation between the joker and catwoman was good. If they cut off the batman part it would have been better for all three involved I think but that is the way king writes batman incompetently while every one else shines.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    I think it is the perception of it. To me by the time batman reaches the pinnicle of his career which is what earth prime is about he does this because of his alturistic nature to help others so they do not become victims like he was when he was younger. If clark had no super powers he would rather be home with lois and do his job as journalist that is their differences I think. Also yeah he loves selina but how will that marriage work if they do not trust or even respect each others career choices you can tell that is how it written and is within their characters.. That is the point most people like myself who are anti marriage been saying from the start. All the other times they became a couple it was selina who had to give up being catwoman before any idea of marriage but this time they are not doing that which makes no sense that s the only way they can ever be together I think. But modern readers especially of the feminist persuasion do not want this which is okay I agree with them on this for different reasons. Well that is my take on this. So I will give it a year before they divorce in comic and real time because of the complications if they do not resolve them in either a realistic or comicy way. I read the comic and only the actual confrentation between the joker and catwoman was good. If they cut off the batman part it would have been better for all three involved I think but that is the way king writes batman incompetently while every one else shines.
    This why I like the idea of them getting together at the end when DC decides to finally retire Bruce as Batman [if that happens].
    Selina stealing her dress was very bad writing. It makes her look very bad. Like she doesn't give a **** about the things that Bruce values or the mission him and his sons have sacrificed so much for.

She could easily have paid for the dress, stealing it and vandalising the shop was a piss take.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    This why I like the idea of them getting together at the end when DC decides to finally retire Bruce as Batman [if that happens].
    Selina stealing her dress was very bad writing. It makes her look very bad. Like she doesn't give a **** about the things that Bruce values or the mission him and his sons have sacrificed so much for.

She could easily have paid for the dress, stealing it and vandalising the shop was a piss take.
    Marriage is compromise. Bruce always knew what he was getting into by proposing to Selina. He has to accept her warts and all. Knowing that there are some aspects of her that he nor anyone else in the world will be able to change and still being able to live with her and this knowledge about her is transformational for Bruce. That's why the alternate/Silver Age stories of Catwoman settling down with Batman and giving up all her "ways" were nothing more than wish-fulfilling fairy tales.

Reality however isn't as sanitised.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Marriage is compromise. Bruce always knew what he was getting into by proposing to Selina. He has to accept her warts and all. Knowing that there are some aspects of her that he nor anyone else in the world will be able to change and still being able to live with her and this knowledge about her is transformational for Bruce. That's why the alternate/Silver Age stories of Catwoman settling down with Batman and giving up all her "ways" were nothing more than wish-fulfilling fairy tales.

Reality however isn't as sanitised.
    You're right marriage is compromise.
    Bruce is making concessions however a compromise requires both parties to make concessions.
    I'm sure Selina can find other ways to her rush.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-27-2018 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    You're right marriage is compromise.
    Bruce is making concessions however a compromise requires both parties to make concessions.
    I'm sure Selina can find other ways to her rush.
    I think that's what Joelle Jones's title will explore.

So which Siren is The Joker madder at: Ivy for stealing Harley or Cat for stealing Bat?

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3191 View Post
    I love King’s ability to zoom in on a moment and flesh it out in such a surreal, almost prose-y or poetic way. Last issue was basically a long Joker monologue and this is a long conversation between two people who love Batman in their own ways. I was a big fan of this one. Joker really challenging the theme that King has been exploring of “what would it look like if Batman was happy?” and Joker saying it’s essentially impossible. In a way he’s almost a voice of the audience—“we need him on the rooftops and in the alleyways. And we have to keep his journey going. If he finds fulfillment, he’ll stop. And we can’t have that, can we?”

At least, that’s where my mind went with it. Really loved this one!
    Yeah, this was a good issue I thought. Selina and the Joker's conversation can be interpreted in so many different ways which is pretty cool. And the TKJ references I thought were awesome. But even the quote above, asking the questions about what it will mean if Batman is married, planting the seed in Selina's brain, we know now it was all foreshadowing. Really good issue.