Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    why was she laughing at the end? did she get poisoned or did she laugh because the joker was dead or nearly so and she is hysterical from her near death experience coupled with pre wedding nerves?
    That's the question! Tune in text time to find out!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It's a real headscrathcer how the Joker managed to possibly poison Selina at the last moment I wonder whether he's dead though or unconscious?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by BloodOps View Post
    I don't think we can get any worse than the last issue so whatever
    You underestimate King's power! He most definitely can.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    It's a real headscrathcer how the Joker managed to possibly poison Selina at the last moment I wonder whether he's dead though or unconscious?
    We don't KNOW if she's poisoned. But Joker poisoned Batman last issue, and we didn't see it. I'm personally betting that his bullets are all laced.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

We don't KNOW if she's poisoned. But Joker poisoned Batman last issue, and we didn't see it. I'm personally betting that his bullets are all laced.
    Batman didn't look poisoned at all in the last issue but it would not be out of the ordinary for the Joker to do that though.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

These last two issues have been really surreal.

BANNED

yeah guess so but was wondering whether it's a plot point or just homage to the you know which moment in the killing joke. the joker always gets his man or woman laughing at the end no matter what.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 06-20-2018 at 08:53 AM.

BANNED

yeah guess so but was wondering whether it's a plot point or just homage to the you know which moment in the killing joke. the joker always gets his man or woman laughing. ;
    Selina makes mention in the issue that she laughs when she wins.

yeah guess so but was wondering whether it's a plot point or just homage to the you know which moment in the killing joke. the joker always gets his man or woman laughing at the end no matter what.
    I think that for now, all three ideas are active - Catwoman winning, Joker poisoning, Joker winning. We'll have to see which one collapses into reality with the next issue. There's a lot of interesting ambiguity there.

I took it as Selina laughing because Joker had won, though she defeated him. He made her realized that Batman can't be happy and keep on existing, it's one option or the other, you can't have both. Batman is necessary to stop these villains, so she can't marry him. So, if the wedding doesn't happen, I can see that being the reason. There're other interpretations I thought of, but it all depends of how next issue developes. Also, it's a clear reference to TKJ

About the issue, I loved it. Janin was superb, the pages' compositions were amazing. Chung was alright, there wasn't much she could work with this time since it's one place with two character on the floor. But the script takes the prize this time, it was really entertaining seeing Catwoman and Joker talking about old days, other villains and their view on Batman, both voices cleverly differentiated
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I took it as Selina laughing because Joker had won, though she defeated him. He made her realized that Batman can't be happy and keep on existing, it's one option or the other, you can't have both. Batman is necessary to stop these villains, so she can't marry him. So, if the wedding doesn't happen, I can see that being the reason. There're other interpretations I thought of, but it all depends of how next issue developes. Also, it's a clear reference to TKJ
    Actually, the Joker's reference to TKJ was the clear reference to TKJ. I don't know what King has planned, but I figure I will win either way. If the wedding goes off, it will be a very interesting plot line. If it's just a head fake after all of this, I will be saving some money every month from now on out.

I enjoyed the issue over all. The medical aspects were an exercise in utter silliness, but it's comics. In a way it's pure King, since he often seems more interested in the dialogue and character interplay than the action. He was just being completely honest about it in this issue.

Incredible Member

On mobile and not all the comments are loading. I have to ask, does Joker know that Catwoman is marrying Batman? He does say "heard you were getting married" but has he put two and two together and figured out Selina is marrying Bruce and Catwoman and batman have been hanging out more often?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post

About the issue, I loved it. Janin was superb, the pages' compositions were amazing. Chung was alright, there wasn't much she could work with this time since it's one place with two character on the floor. But the script takes the prize this time, it was really entertaining seeing Catwoman and Joker talking about old days, other villains and their view on Batman, both voices cleverly differentiated

This was my interpretation as well. When she tells him the joke (ok), she basically says she agrees with him. The last page, she sees Bruce confirming he got shot, poisoned etc and she sees for herself first hand the effect of Batman being happy.

Brilliant issue.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    On mobile and not all the comments are loading. I have to ask, does Joker know that Catwoman is marrying Batman? He does say "heard you were getting married" but has he put two and two together and figured out Selina is marrying Bruce and Catwoman and batman have been hanging out more often?
    I haven’t been reading the preludes to the wedding written by Seeley, but I read that it’s especified in those that it is Batman marrying Catwoman, but that there won’t be an actual wedding between Bruce and Selina. I don’t know how the law in the US works about this matter or if it will be a more symbolic thing. In Batman: Endgame, by Snyder and Capullo, Joker calls Batman “Bruce”, so if it hasn’t been rebooted, Joker is aware of Batman’s identity anyway (I know that from time before there were hints that he knew who Batman was, but didn’t care as he saw Bruce as the mask)
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

LoL, what a ridiculous issue. I liked it