Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Batman #49 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

Batman #49

Source: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...onts-the-joker

Summary: “THE BEST MAN” part two! Now it’s up to Catwoman to rescue her one true love. It’s the Cat vs. the Clown in one exciting showdown that sets the stage for our giant anniversary issue—and the biggest union in comics!
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
    Batman #49

Source: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...onts-the-joker

Summary: “THE BEST MAN” part two! Now it’s up to Catwoman to rescue her one true love. It’s the Cat vs. the Clown in one exciting showdown that sets the stage for our giant anniversary issue—and the biggest union in comics!
    Seems very Arthur vs. Mordred here. And I'm really glad to see Catwoman's status as a villain addressed here.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Joker is acting like these villains still don't have those exact same gimmicks. Granted, I don't remember the last time Penguin actually did something, but still.

"Catwoman never laughed?" Well, I dunno, I think if we take some of King's flashbacks into account she still seemed to enjoy herself in the "old villain days." It's not like Two-Face or Freeze laugh that much either but you don't see Joker making a big hullabaloo about it.

Joker got 15 shots out of that revolver LOL.

Joker looks very nostalgic, this wedding has affected him a lot it seems. Janin’s action scene is better accomplished than in the last issue
    Last edited by Chubistian; 06-18-2018 at 01:03 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally...I just want to see Selina put him in full-body traction. At this stage he's a fekkin' annoyance. I've had enough of him and I wish to see him gone for a very long time...I know I know...flying pigs and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Personally...I just want to see Selina put him in full-body traction. At this stage he's a fekkin' annoyance. I've had enough of him and I wish to see him gone for a very long time...I know I know...flying pigs and all that.
    I'll admit, I'm kind of tired of modern Joker.

I'm surprised that as a ex-CIA operative that King can't count how many bullets are in a Magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete26 View Post
    I'm surprised that as a ex-CIA operative that King can't count how many bullets are in a Magnum.
    It is possible that the script does not specify the gun used.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I don't think we can get any worse than the last issue so whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I want to see this too.

On a related note, I wonder how Bruce would react if Selina decides this thing between her groom and the clown has to end for the future safety of their loved ones and kills Joker (of course, he'd return but)?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It is possible that the script does not specify the gun used.
    It's also possible Joker's pulling more than one gun, dropping a spent one, and getting another.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Amazing Member

Or its possible whoever did the lettering for this issue was asleep at the wheel with all the BANG BANG BANGS........

And the current design of the Joker.. blegh.. Throw a Neil Adam's Joker in his place and that would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete26 View Post
    King wasn't a CIA Operative he was an Operations Officer that's more HR role so it's possible he has no knowledge of Firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    King wasn't a CIA Operative he was an Operations Officer that's more HR role so it's possible he has no knowledge of Firearms.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)