Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I'm starting to wonder whether maybe this will incorporate the new fusion characters that Marvel has been putting out like Weapon H and Cosmic Ghost Rider.

Yeah, same. Although Gerry Duggan and Ben Blacker also tweeted out teasers so it's probably not just Ewing. Maybe it's a special series of fifth-week one-shots.
    That fifth-week one shot plan makes sense. The Legacy quintet of one shots went over pretty well from what I saw. I actually like the idea of doing things like that and this more than I like annuals.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Maybe Cebulski, Ewing and Ramos can warp Jen Walters in her current "Hulk" form with someone with "Woman" in their name so we'd get "She-Woman" with a classic feminine body.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm really not feeling this right now. Also never been a fan of Ramos art. Always turned me away.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

While I'm bummed about Amalgam just being Marvel-only and not involving DC anymore, some of the designs look cool. Eager to see what kind of stuff will come out of this. So far these are mostly A-List, but I'm hoping that other characters will be part of this insanity.

I'm interested for now
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    While I'm bummed about Amalgam just being Marvel-only and not involving DC anymore, some of the designs look cool. Eager to see what kind of stuff will come out of this. So far these are mostly A-List, but I'm hoping that other characters will be part of this insanity.
    Surely Laura can't be the only X-Man involved, and no teen heroes (Champions, West Coast Avengers) are involved so far either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Invincible Member

I'm not sure how interested I am ( need more info on the actual story). The designs so far look cool though.

Amalgam is an obvious influence. I'm also reminded of those "future" ( MC2 and a What If thing) stories where two characters marry and their offspring is a combo of the two. She-Hulk and Hawkeye have a greenskinned archer, Logan and Electra have Wild Thing, etc

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Sounds like somebody isn't familiar with Amalgam comics. Which, coincidentally enough, appeared the same year the Yugioh manga started.

To be fair, I'd say Japan started the trend of fusing superheroes together. Its a common trope with their tokusatsu superheroes.

iMan 42s

Not gonna lie, a lot of those designs are crap. For a fusing of characters they don't go far enough.

The only ones that really work are Soldier Supreme and Ghost Panther.
    Soldier Supreme works for what it implies and that's more than enough to get me invested in a potential story about this guy. Ghost Panther looks as if it could actually be a Black Panther character and while it isn't perfect, it's a solid B-, maybe C+ if I felt the arms could be a bit more interesting.

But the others look superficial.
    -Arachknight looks like Moon Knight got a new cosmetic skin. Take away the Spider-man logos and you can seriously just say it's a new Moon Knight costume.
    -Iron Hammer doesn't have enough Thor or Asgard. The armor implies the arcane with swirling lines and such, but you could just as easily say Tony just got a little crazy with the rotary tool. Otherwise if you didn't tell me I would never have guessed that was a fusing of Thor and Iron man. It's also kind of insulting to pass this off when far more interesting designs have come and gone using the Asgard aesthetics. In-fact this has some minor precedent considering Thor actually has Mythological armor to build around and even the Thorbuster or Destroyer to use as a base design.
    -Weapon Hex could honestly be just a Wolverine costume and the colors imply more of MCU Electra more than Scarlet Witch.

Theirs a lot here artistically that could be better.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I'm really liking these designs, and I'm very interested to see what the story is, will this be alternate universe versions, or will the two characters literally be fused together? I hope its the latter because some of these pairings, like Spider-Man and Moon Knight and Scarlet Witch and Laura, are really interesting and I'd love to see how their interactions would be.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Not particularly interested in this concept right now. I'll wait for more details.

BANNED

Loving the look of these. Ramos totally killed it on the designs.

Whatever this ends up being, it looks like it'll be a lot of fun. Amalgam stuff is always cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    To be fair, I'd say Japan started the trend of fusing superheroes together. Its a common trope with their tokusatsu superheroes.
    Dunno if they started it. But they sure in the heck did a better job than some of our earlier attempts.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3555877

I did this already, only I took merged characters and added even more to them.

Like Wolverine + Hulk = Weapon H. Weapon H + Venom = Horror.
    Silver Surfer + Human Torch = Frankie Raye Nova. Frankie Raye Nova + Nova Corps = Supernova.
    Iron Man + Lex Luthor = Doctor Doom. Doctor Doom + Doctor Strange = Macromancer.
    Captain America + Tuskegee = Isaiah Bradley. Bradley + Ghost Rider = Spirit of Justice.

Spectacular Member

Already rather have a Weapon Hex book than Tamaki's X-23
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.