Default How do you feel about Image making tv shows and movies?

DO you think they are going to well? Do we even know if the creators will be involved?

Image have nothing to do with the TV shows or movies adapted from the comics they publish. They are all creator owned. Image doesnt own any IPs.

I know they have nothing to do with it . I just use that has a blank statement. The should have said image creators

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I know they have nothing to do with it . I just use that has a blank statement. The should have said image creators
    If you meant creators then why ask if the creators would even be involved with it? No show is made without the creator involvement even if that involvement is limited to saying yes and collecting the option money. Any decision to produce a tv show or movie is in the hands of the creator and it is up to them to decide/negotiate their level of involvement with the project.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I'm just looking at how sometimes studios screw over the creators

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Well, creators seem ecstatic about it, so what can we add? Rick Remender is over the moon regarding Deadly Class. Todd McFarlane has every right to be happy and confident after Jamie Foxx was confirmed to play Spawn. I mean, personally I always feel very nervous about my favorite books being transitioned into movies, mostly because I'm afraid that the medium won't do justice to them. Sometimes I'm even upset that some books are being considered. "How do they even DARE to think they are able to do a Lazarus show that would be at least HALF as good as the comic book?!" But yeah, I hear how unreasonable this sounds.

How involved was Todd in the previous movie? There is invincible. I wonder how they will go back that since there is just so many Superhero movie already. I honestly thought it would be better as an animated series

All-New Member

The Spawn example isn't quite the same though because McFarlane is making that movie. He's paying for and directing it. Of course he's happy about it

But yeah, it largely depends on the creators and the studios. And since the creators at Image actually have control over where their movies can be made, and can turn down or accept offers themselves, most of them would probably be happy with the deals they make

Quote Originally Posted by Bayls_171 View Post
    The Spawn example isn't quite the same though because McFarlane is making that movie. He's paying for and directing it. Of course he's happy about it

But yeah, it largely depends on the creators and the studios. And since the creators at Image actually have control over where their movies can be made, and can turn down or accept offers themselves, most of them would probably be happy with the deals they make
    Has McFarlane ever directed before? Also what about the previous Spawn movie? How involved was he?

I'd say "It All Depends..." trying to consider this question as a "Blanket Statement"/"One Size Fits All" sort of a proposition just does not work.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Much like the Spawn film, I feel like it would be cool if they did something with the Top Cow Universe. Like Witchblade movie, Darkness movie and/or Cyber Force/Aphrodite tv show. I think Thomasville be cool, and I feel like Image/Top Cow could have their hand in that, since those are not own by the creator, right? I could be wrong haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Ultimate Member

It's not like Marvel or DC where as a corporation they have people developing their properties in order to turn them into vehicles to be used in other media and folks licensing them for toys and merchandise. It's up to the individual creators whether certain titles get turned into movies or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How involved was Todd in the previous movie? There is invincible. I wonder how they will go back that since there is just so many Superhero movie already. I honestly thought it would be better as an animated series
    Amazon just announced an Invincible animated series in addition to the movie.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki