Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 98
  1. #46
    Incredible Member Jackmando7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    618

    Default

    MTL defenseman Shea Weber is out 5-6 months. Yikes!
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

    My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    MTL defenseman Shea Weber is out 5-6 months. Yikes!
    WOW! Other than the Toronto Maple Leafs, who got some very good news...the Canadian teams are being hit hard this off-season:

    -Ottawa had to ship out 20-25 goal scorer Mike Hoffman because of allegations against his GF/fiancee. Erik Karlsson clearly will be moved between now and this time next year. I hear Craig Anderson also wants out.
    -The Edmonton Oilers cannot find wingers to play with their 3 centres, to the point where Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has become a winger
    -Vancouver Canucks saw a whole bunch of salary cap space and decided to overpay a couple of 3rd line players

    Calgary and Toronto are the only two teams that seem to have improved considerably.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

  3. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    WOW! Other than the Toronto Maple Leafs, who got some very good news...the Canadian teams are being hit hard this off-season:

    -Ottawa had to ship out 20-25 goal scorer Mike Hoffman because of allegations against his GF/fiancee. Erik Karlsson clearly will be moved between now and this time next year. I hear Craig Anderson also wants out.
    -The Edmonton Oilers cannot find wingers to play with their 3 centres, to the point where Ryan Nugent-Hopkins has become a winger
    -Vancouver Canucks saw a whole bunch of salary cap space and decided to overpay a couple of 3rd line players

    Calgary and Toronto are the only two teams that seem to have improved considerably.
    The Habs are definitely looking to be the loser of the Subban trade.

    Ottawa is a train wreck. Unless Melnyk gets hands off fast they won't be able to bring in quality players.

    Edmonton is also a mess. Sure they have McDavid, but they can't seem to find any quality to support him with. Maybe he pulls a McDavid when he hits UFA?

    Vancouver needs to find an identity.

    I agree with your assessments of Calgary and Toronto.

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    Anyone know why the New York Rangers drafted Vitali Kravtsov? I understand why Montreal Canadiens drafted Jesperi Kotkaniemi. I can also see why Arizona went with Barret Hayton. I do not get the Rangers pick, at all.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

  5. #50
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series
    Posts
    14,200

    Default

    Kucherov just signed an 8 year, $76 million contract. That's $9.5 mil a year. IMO, that's a great contract for the Lightning. I would much rather have Kucherov's contract than Toews' $10.5 per year.
    Favorite Artists Right Now: Ivan Reis, Andrea Sorrentino, Stuart Immonen, Jason Fabok, Olivier Coipel, Nick Dragotta, Kim Jacinto, Patrick Gleason, Jorge Jimenez, Greg Capullo, Jerome Opena, Steve McNiven, Jim Cheung, Steve Epting, Sean Murphy.

    "Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It's not the time that matters, it's the person."--The Doctor

    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever! --Isaiah 40:8

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Kucherov just signed an 8 year, $76 million contract. That's $9.5 mil a year. IMO, that's a great contract for the Lightning. I would much rather have Kucherov's contract than Toews' $10.5 per year.
    Given the ages of the players I absolutely agree.

    Karlsson is yet to be moved as well. The longer this goes, the worse it gets for Ottawa.

  7. #52
    Incredible Member Jackmando7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Apparently the Hawks are in serious talks with the Habs about acquiring Pacioretty. They also just shipped Hossa's contract to Arizona in a 7 player deal.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

    My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

  8. #53
    Incredible Member Jackmando7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Fleury resigned with Vegas for 3 years, 7 million per. I think that's fair.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

    My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

  9. #54
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Kucherov just signed an 8 year, $76 million contract. That's $9.5 mil a year. IMO, that's a great contract for the Lightning. I would much rather have Kucherov's contract than Toews' $10.5 per year.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Given the ages of the players I absolutely agree.

    Karlsson is yet to be moved as well. The longer this goes, the worse it gets for Ottawa.
    Agreed on all counts. Kucherov is going to be making the bulk of his money between age of 25 to 34. He is a great player and I think he will be more productive in the next few years of the playoffs. Great contract and well worth it. The Atlantic division will be really tough competition with the likes of Tampa Bay, Toronto, Boston and the young Florida Panthers (who I think is primed to start doing well).

    As far as Karlsson, I had this really weird thought:

    Given the lack of talent on the Canadiens and the abundance of talent on Ottawa, maybe Ottawa and Montreal can start dealing with each other? There is a great chance that Karlsson will not want to go to Montreal, but players like Mark Stone, Matt Duchene, Jean-Gabriel Pageau can easily be moved over to Montreal, since Ottawa looks like they are ready to bottom out.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

  10. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Agreed on all counts. Kucherov is going to be making the bulk of his money between age of 25 to 34. He is a great player and I think he will be more productive in the next few years of the playoffs. Great contract and well worth it. The Atlantic division will be really tough competition with the likes of Tampa Bay, Toronto, Boston and the young Florida Panthers (who I think is primed to start doing well).

    As far as Karlsson, I had this really weird thought:

    Given the lack of talent on the Canadiens and the abundance of talent on Ottawa, maybe Ottawa and Montreal can start dealing with each other? There is a great chance that Karlsson will not want to go to Montreal, but players like Mark Stone, Matt Duchene, Jean-Gabriel Pageau can easily be moved over to Montreal, since Ottawa looks like they are ready to bottom out.
    Then have the Habs flip him to another team for a boatload of prospects and to take on maybe a bad contract? Could happen. I've seen stranger things.

    I wonder what the Hawks will do with the Cap Room from moving Hossa?

  11. #56
    Incredible Member Jackmando7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Then have the Habs flip him to another team for a boatload of prospects and to take on maybe a bad contract? Could happen. I've seen stranger things.

    I wonder what the Hawks will do with the Cap Room from moving Hossa?
    Oh, they are trying to get Max Pacioretty from CH and Jeff Skinner from the Cane's apparently.

    https://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...-agency-rumors

    I dont fallow the Blackhawks, so I am talking out of my butt here.

    If you ask me, the Blackhawks should do a rebuild. I mean they missed the playoffs last year and they have a lot of players who are good, but are overpaid for what the provide, and could be moved for a decent return like Seabrook and Keith for example. But is seems they are giving this group one last go to win it all again.
    Last edited by Jackmando7; 07-16-2018 at 06:29 AM.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

    My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

  12. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Oh, they are trying to get Max Pacioretty from CH and Jeff Skinner from the Cane's apparently.

    https://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...-agency-rumors

    I dont fallow the Blackhawks, so I am talking out of my butt here.

    If you ask me, the Blackhawks should do a rebuild. I mean they missed the playoffs last year and they have a lot of players who are good, but are overpaid for what the provide, and could be moved for a decent return like Seabrook and Keith for example. But is seems they are giving this group one last go to win it all again.
    I agree, Kane is still solid, and Toews is consistent, but the Keith/Seabrook tandem needs to get blown up. They're really showing their age and their cap hits are completely prohibitive to bringing in premiere talent.

  13. #58
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    After a couple of down years, I think Chicago will be better. I think their cap situation is really hurting them and if they can shed maybe one more big contract, I really do think they can do some damage. I think the addition of Cam Ward will help in net. I think Crawford will be healthy and strong for them. I really do have a soft spot for Chicago and I always hope for them to do well.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

  14. #59
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    Where do you all think Artemi Panarin ends up next season? According to the article in The Hockey News, these are 5 destinations that makes the most sense.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member Arfguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,701

    Default

    Jerome Iginla officially going to retire on July 30th. It's really too bad that Iggy couldn't win a Cup before he retired. He's one of those guys that was great, but didn't win the ultimate prize.
    Previously: Deep_Sleeper. Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    Love the works of comic book artists - Stuart Immonen, Olivier Coipel, Kev Walker, Valerio Schiti, Esad Ribic, Jerome Opena and so many more great comic book artists

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •