Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Brodeur was a lock. He was one of the best goalies ever to play. I'm not even mad about the idea of Bettman as a builder, but he shouldn't go in until he retires.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I agree with O'Ree and am surprised it's taken this long and I agree with Brodeur going in.
    O'Ree should've gone in years ago.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Pens are planning on signing Jack Johnson to a 5 year deal apparently. I don't know how I feel about this, I know he was a healthy scratch a lot for the blue jackets but that may have been because he didn't get along with John Tortorella. He went from playing 20 minutes to suddenly 0.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Brodeur was a lock. He was one of the best goalies ever to play. I'm not even mad about the idea of Bettman as a builder, but he shouldn't go in until he retires.
    I'm surprised he didn't get inducted a lot earlier. It can't have been only 3 years since he retired, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    O'Ree should've gone in years ago.
    I pride myself as someone who knows a lot about hockey and I am very opinionated about it, but I am a little ashamed to admit that I didn't know of O'Ree's existence until this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    The Pens are planning on signing Jack Johnson to a 5 year deal apparently. I don't know how I feel about this, I know he was a healthy scratch a lot for the blue jackets but that may have been because he didn't get along with John Tortorella. He went from playing 20 minutes to suddenly 0.
    Yeah, I would be scratching my head if that comes to pass. I heard that the Penguins were clearing cap space to make a play for Erik Karlsson, potentially. If it ends up being Jack Johnson, I'd be very surprised.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

Yeah, I would be scratching my head if that comes to pass. I heard that the Penguins were clearing cap space to make a play for Erik Karlsson, potentially. If it ends up being Jack Johnson, I'd be very surprised.
    I'm hoping the Hawks get Karlsson
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I'm hoping the Hawks get Karlsson
    Maybe it's just me, but I think if the Hawks can free themselves of some of their challenging contracts (I'm looking at Seabrook at $6.875 AAV or Toews at $10.5 AAV), then they should try and go younger. Karlsson is a great player and despite his major injury, he put up a lot of points. However, I think the Hawks are so great at drafting, they should try and re-tool.

Hell, it looks like Montreal is not going to get John Tavares, I wonder if Toews agrees to waive his NMC if Montreal would pay $8 million to take him off Chicago's hands, leaving Chicago with only $2.5 million against the cap. I love Toews. I think he's a great player, but it is too much money for the guy. I think if Montreal can bring in a centre like Toews and maybe O'Reilly, they would be well off.

James van Riemsdyk is returning to the Flyers for five years, $35 million.

Looks like John Tavares is going to Toronto.

The shoe just dropped.

With Tavares now a Maple Leaf, I think Toronto just became the odds on favourite to win the Cup next season. Yes, their defence core is still a question mark in parts, but WOW! What a team!

One guy I'm surprised that hasn't gone so far is James Neal. A guy who is usually good for 25-30 goals is still unsigned. I'm surprised, but I suppose more teams are weary of 30 year old players hitting UFA.

The shoe just dropped.

With Tavares now a Maple Leaf, I think Toronto just became the odds on favourite to win the Cup next season. Yes, their defence core is still a question mark in parts, but WOW! What a team!
    Does Toronto have the goaltending to go all the way, especially if there’s question marks on defense?

Does Toronto have the goaltending to go all the way, especially if there’s question marks on defense?
    While I will admit that Andersen did give up a couple of really soft goals at the worst possible time during the playoffs, he was also one of the biggest reasons that Toronto actually made the playoffs. Freddy has faced a ton of shots in the last couple of years and even when the Leafs were basically guaranteed a playoff spot, Babcock didn't feel the urge to play McElhinney all that much. I just think Andersen was just drained by the time the series against the Bruins was winding down.

Andersen is clearly a starting goalie. You saw what happened with Holtby this season, where he was having a rough patch after 2 to 3 years of spectacular goaltending. Trotz started Grubauer and when that didn't work out, Holtby took the reins and did not let go. Andersen is still in his prime and capable of stealing a few wins in the playoffs.

James van Riemsdyk is returning to the Flyers for five years, $35 million.
    This one was kind of sweet to see. I have seen a lot of Toronto Maple Leafs games and for years I wondered what Philly was thinking letting this guy go. It's kinda nice to watch him go back and be paid the kind of money that I think he deserves.

I cant say I'm happy about it. But, I don't hate the signing as much as some people.

One guy I'm surprised that hasn't gone so far is James Neal. A guy who is usually good for 25-30 goals is still unsigned. I'm surprised, but I suppose more teams are weary of 30 year old players hitting UFA.
    I saw the Flames just picked him up. I think that's a good signing for them.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Good on the Flames for picking up Neal. I did not think Neal would sign there, but it is kind of awesome that he did. I am hoping he does big things on their power play and I am definitely hoping Calgary is much, much better this season.

Anyone have an opinion on the Ryan O'Reilly pick up by St. Louis? Despite how good O'Reilly is, I think the Blues overpaid.

Good on the Flames for picking up Neal. I did not think Neal would sign there, but it is kind of awesome that he did. I am hoping he does big things on their power play and I am definitely hoping Calgary is much, much better this season.

Anyone have an opinion on the Ryan O'Reilly pick up by St. Louis? Despite how good O'Reilly is, I think the Blues overpaid.
    I'm stoked about the Neal signing. If the cap keeps going up it'll minimize the back end of the deal's effect on the cap in the future.

As for O'Reilly, we'll have to see if he earns the $$$.