Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Jerome Iginla officially going to retire on July 30th. It's really too bad that Iggy couldn't win a Cup before he retired. He's one of those guys that was great, but didn't win the ultimate prize.
    *Flames fan speaking*

He should have had it. If not for that damn blown call!

*End Flames fan speaking*

It really is too bad, he was one of the best goal scorers in the league for a long time, and a class act all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    *Flames fan speaking*

He should have had it. If not for that damn blown call!

*End Flames fan speaking*

It really is too bad, he was one of the best goal scorers in the league for a long time, and a class act all the way.
    Sorry...what is this blown call you're referring to?
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Jerome Iginla officially going to retire on July 30th. It's really too bad that Iggy couldn't win a Cup before he retired. He's one of those guys that was great, but didn't win the ultimate prize.
    I remember how excited I was when he was traded to the Pens. If only Dan Bylsma didn't play him on the 3rd line with Brandon Sutter...
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

WOW! The Buffalo Sabres are loading up on talent. They just picked up Jeff Skinner from the Carolina Hurricanes. With the addition of Skinner, Buffalo has a really strong cast of young, talented players like Eichel, Mittelstadt, Rasmuses Ristolainen and now Dahlin.

If they get decent goaltending, they could be a really fun team to watch.

Sorry...what is this blown call you're referring to?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFO2y0b5DxE

at about 45 seconds. It went off Gelinas skate but there was no kicking motion. It was clearly over the line. They introduced the camera in the net the next season.

How do you guys feel about numbers being retired?

I heard Arizona will be retiring Shane Doan's #19. I think it is kind of strange because of the caliber of player Doan is... I mean he was a very, very good player but I don't consider him an all time great in the NHL by any means, and he never won the cup. If the Coyotes just want a "feel good" moment I guess I get that. But, I cant help but think of the episode of futurama, where they go to a baseball game and players are forced to wear numbers like 5/16th or 3/8th. Because all the whole numbers were retired.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post

I heard Arizona will be retiring Shane Doan's #19. I think it is kind of strange because of the caliber of player Doan is... I mean he was a very, very good player but I don't consider him an all time great in the NHL by any means, and he never won the cup. If the Coyotes just want a "feel good" moment I guess I get that. But, I cant help but think of the episode of futurama, where they go to a baseball game and players are forced to wear numbers like 5/16th or 3/8th. Because all the whole numbers were retired.
    Perhaps that's nothing more than a feel good moment for a franchise that hasn't been in the desert for not even a quarter century and used to be the original Winnipeg Jets before that.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well, the Flames bought out Brouwer. Not surprised, that was the worst contract on the team. I don't blame him for signing it, but now he can go play on another teams fourth line. The money is likely going to a Hanifin contract.

DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

double post
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post

Well, it's not league wide, so other players can wear Doan's number for other teams. Since Arizona doesn't have extensive history of having amazing players, I think it can work. With teams that have a long history, it makes choosing numbers very hard. I'm looking at the original six and then thinking about players going to that team and having so many restrictions.

While it's true that Doan wasn't the man to bring a championship to the Coyotes, he is their most respected player as far as I can tell that's no longer playing. It's a nice move on the part of the organization, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Well, the Flames bought out Brouwer. Not surprised, that was the worst contract on the team. I don't blame him for signing it, but now he can go play on another teams fourth line. The money is likely going to a Hanifin contract.
    Most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    Yeah, just read that. RIP.

WOW! Nashville got a pretty good deal with the signing of Ryan Ellis. Really good defenceman on a bargain contract for years and just signed for a pretty team friendly deal.

Sekera tore his achilles while training the other day. The Oilers shallow D-corps just got shallower. I still can't believe Chia didn't try to address this glaring weakness in his team. Talbot can't be a happy camper right now.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm buying ESPN+ for this upcoming season if I actually want to watch interesting games.

Like, I live in Indianapolis; if I wanna watch a Blackhawks game, we syndicate 50 of them. Why does NBC feel obligated to show the same four damn teams 70% of the time each season?!

I can understand them not bothering with a team like Vancouver (who's guaranteed to suck once more), but Carolina drafted Andrei Svechnikov, and it's as usual at the end of the season, a road game for Carolina, and likely to be preempted just cause. **** NHL on NBC!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Never thought I'd say this, but I'm buying ESPN+ for this upcoming season if I actually want to watch interesting games.

Like, I live in Indianapolis; if I wanna watch a Blackhawks game, we syndicate 50 of them. Why does NBC feel obligated to show the same four damn teams 70% of the time each season?!

I can understand them not bothering with a team like Vancouver (who's guaranteed to suck once more), but Carolina drafted Andrei Svechnikov, and it's as usual at the end of the season, a road game for Carolina, and likely to be preempted just cause. **** NHL on NBC!
    That and who really needs to listen to Mike Milbury talk?