Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    In Bruce's funeral pic, I'm wondering if the woman on the far right (close up with the veil turning and crying) is Selina Kyle (Catwoman)?
    ...... Yes, it certainly reads that way, and would make the most sense.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-27-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    In Bruce's funeral pic, I'm wondering if the woman on the far right (close up with the veil turning and crying) is Selina Kyle (Catwoman)?

...... Yes, it certainly reads that way, and would make the most sense.
    That was my take on it too.

Extraordinary Member

One of the running themes between Justice and Kingdom Come is Dr. Sivana's mind-altering worms. I'm not familiar with the villain so he may have always used these, but the worms are involved in both books.

Boisterously Confused

One of the running themes between Justice and Kingdom Come is Dr. Sivana's mind-altering worms. I'm not familiar with the villain so he may have always used these, but the worms are involved in both books.
    I haven't read all the Captain Marvel that there is, but as far as I know, Dr. Sivana never used mind-altering worms. Their design, however, looks an awful lot like Mr. Mind. I'm guessing that they were intended as an homage to The World's Wickedest Worm, who was one of Cap's greatest enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The age discrepancy between Hal and the others seems to suggest he's Alan's successor. That's not the only difference between the JSA version and the original book. For one thing, in the Kingdom Come Superman Special, he DOESN'T have the mullet in the flashbacks! Which suggests it's not the exact same universe. This would explain things like why Power Girl is his cousin and why he referred to his original team as the Justice Society instead of the League like in the book. They seemed to be leaning towards making it an updated Earth 2. I do think it's funny that one of the first changes that Ross made when he had a chance was to get rid of the mullet! Which is the only thing that DC mandated they put in there. And who could blame him, really!
    i'd like to think that kingdom come is located in earth 2, while justice is more suited for earth 1.

it just feels different to see hal younger than dick grayson.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i'd like to think that kingdom come is located in earth 2, while justice is more suited for earth 1.

it just feels different to see hal younger than dick grayson.
    Is it a definite that the young man is Hal? Maybe Jade had a son.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It certainly looks like him, but there's a difference between looking young and being young. Like I said, the ring can keep people from aging.

i gotta say, hal's hair is almost as recognizable as superman's.

Extraordinary Member

Another clue that it may be Hal is the fact that Jim Corrigan, the Golden Age Spectre, is standing directly behind him.

Another clue that it may be Hal is the fact that Jim Corrigan, the Golden Age Spectre, is standing directly behind him.
    wait, i'm sorry, i didn't quite understood this.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

wait, i'm sorry, i didn't quite understood this.
    Hal was also The Spectre for a few years between 1999 and 2004.

Fascinating that is him in the Kingdom Come; Epilogue, and again next to Jade, echoing the reading of the pairing in KC proper.

Yep, as is being suggested, the Kingdom Come Back Story / Justice Sequel.
    Could be one and the same, definitively bridging the two stories.
    Would definitely work as both.
    i gotta say, hal's hair is almost as recognizable as superman's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It certainly looks like him, but there's a difference between looking young and being young. Like I said, the ring can keep people from aging.
    Yeah, if in this U the Flashes merged with their power, it stands to reason Jordan could have at some point merged with the energy, the Jordan standing there could even be some kind of projection.
    DKSA (another alternate future) also explored Jordan becoming a being of pure energy / pure will-power. Seems like a logical inevitability for the character.

Not sure how Waid, Krueger and more importantly Ross felt about Emerald Dawn, but as one of the first retellings of Jordan's origin, it has him being the first and only one to actually enter the battery, and there is a somewhat indication that he is merging with becoming the power itself. So this dates back pretty far. Later retcons explored this too, as it's where he was (suposedly) exposed to the Parallax entity.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-08-2019 at 02:01 PM.

As far as Justice being used as a prequel to Kingdom Come, and further a potential third Ross U installment, that serves for bridging the narrative between, and connecting Justice to Kingdom Come; Events like Jordan's fate, as well as the Flashes merging, are exactly some of the elements it could explore.
    As well as the fate of J'onn J'onzz, what exactly was the circumstances by which he exposed himself to collective human consciousness , that wrecked him.

And that might be another great connection. If Mr. Mind is taping into and exploiting the most heinous aspect of the human psyche, J'onnz opening himself up to that could destroy him.
    A Mr.Mind vs J'onzz story arc as far as I know has never been done, yet they actually make great rivals, this would make a perfect vehicle (at least one aspect of it) to explore.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-03-2020 at 01:13 PM.

is alex ross a marvel exclusive at the moment? i was curios if he still plans on making projects with dc in the near future.

I'm surprised carabas hated Justice (Although he has explained he has an aversion to Krueger's writing, and I think this is the only Krueger material I've ever read).

I like Justice quite a bit, but I will say it wouldn't be the same without Alex Ross's artwork. That's a large part of what makes this title so enjoyable (And Braithwaite's pencils doesn't hurt, he helped make Ross's art more fluid).....The writing isn't bad, but not great. The build-up and everything was pretty good, but the story kind of weakens toward the end. It doesn't weaken enough to ruin the storyline, but I was expecting more when I originally read it.

That said, if you're able to find this comic in Absolute form, buy it. That's the best way to read this comic. After I bought my own copy (I already had the singles, as well as the three hardcover collections), I bought a copy of the Absolute edition for my son, as well.....As for the three volume hardcover release, for some reason I never enjoyed Justice as much when reading those. I recall the pictures not being as vibrant as the floppies and the Absolute release.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The age discrepancy between Hal and the others seems to suggest he's Alan's successor. That's not the only difference between the JSA version and the original book. For one thing, in the Kingdom Come Superman Special, he DOESN'T have the mullet in the flashbacks! Which suggests it's not the exact same universe. This would explain things like why Power Girl is his cousin and why he referred to his original team as the Justice Society instead of the League like in the book. They seemed to be leaning towards making it an updated Earth 2. I do think it's funny that one of the first changes that Ross made when he had a chance was to get rid of the mullet! Which is the only thing that DC mandated they put in there. And who could blame him, really!

If Justice is supposed to be a prequel to Kingdom Come (I never personally thought it was), you would think DC would've released an omnibus combining both titles into one. Then again, I'm surprised they haven't done such with Kingdom Come and JSA's "Thy Kingdom Come"......I'd buy that omnibus in a heartbeat.

20 YL - Yes this is Bruce Wayne's funeral, across from Clark, Diana and their family, are seated Wayne's family; L -> R The older Dick Grayson, he is holding the right hand of his and Koriand'r/Starfire's daughter; she is (Mar'i Grayson)Nightstar. Holding (Mar'i Grayson)Nightstar's other hand is Ibn al Xu'ffasch(son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul (not sure if he goes by Damian in this U, this came first)), it is my understanding he Ibn al Xu'ffasch married (Mar'i Grayson)Nightstar, and that is their younger son sitting next to them, and their older daughter (note her alien Tamaran eyes).
    Although using an -X looks cool, I always wondered why they spelled his name Ibn al Xu'ffasch.....The beginning of Xu'ffasch should be pronounced as -Kh (Almost sounds like you're hocking a loogie). The word khoffasch means "bat" in both Arabic and Farsi. Ibn al Xu'ffasch literally means, "son of the bat"......It's sort of an homage to Ibn's grandfather, Ra's Al Ghul, which literally means head/leader of the demon.

Given that it's an homage to his grandfather, there's a possibility his name is Damian Wayne but he goes by the Ibn al Xu'ffasch moniker, but that would sort of be a retcon as Damian Wayne didn't exist when Kingdom Come was written, unless Grant Morrison (Who created Damian Wayne) intended for the character to be the same person.