Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i just realized that the artwork might be near impossible to animate. same thing with kingdom come i guess.

but i sure would love to see the plot lines for those two on the small screen.
    They key plot itself could be easily done by the same folks turning out the present content. I doubt you could do it properly in an hour tho. Doom's about as close as you could get to that.

Extraordinary Member

i would love to see this made into an animated movie.
    Better yet, a twelve episode animated cartoon on tv.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It was excellent stuff, and I do wish they would do something like it again one day.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I imagine it's possible, but insanely labor intensive and it would end up being the most ambitious 2-D animation process ever done.
    Animating this in CGI would seem like a better alternative.

Same with Kingdom Come.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Animating this in CGI would seem like a better alternative.

Same with Kingdom Come.
    It would be easier, but I don't think it would look good at all. I don't generally like the use of CGI the way it's used in TV. Then again the Arkham cut scenes were CGI and looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It was excellent stuff, and I do wish they would do something like it again one day.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    i'd love to see alex ross work on another dc project actually. preferably a sequel to justice.

i'd love to see alex ross work on another dc project actually. preferably a sequel to justice.
    Outside of covers, if that, has Ross done any work for DC on the interior of a book since the New 52? I do remember him making a statement that clearly indicated he didn't agree with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Outside of covers, if that, has Ross done any work for DC on the interior of a book since the New 52? I do remember him making a statement that clearly indicated he didn't agree with it.
    I doubt Ross would ever do the interiors on a book that didn't represent DC Comics from the 1970s unless it was something like a Kingdom Come. But who knows?

Justice can somewhat be taken as a prequel to Kingdom Come, as this was the world and heroes they had lost to a more dark cynical modern era that follwed it.

If there is a story to tell between them, it's somewhat hinted at in KC, the events and coming of new attitude and vision of "heroes" that people want as grim-dark cynical vigilantes. The sequel would be pretty much the coming of the world Superman walks away from at the start of KC.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-09-2019 at 04:20 AM.

A sequel to JUSTICE sounds like an exciting notion.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    A sequel to JUSTICE sounds like an exciting notion.
    It would depend on the story. Justice was basically The Satellite League Starring in Challenge of the Superfriends. What's out there that would work as a springboard for a sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    What's out there that would work as a springboard for a sequel?
    ...Justice.

Along with everything it refrances. Not sure why you need another external "springboard" for a spin-off of Justice.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-19-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It would depend on the story. Justice was basically The Satellite League Starring in Challenge of the Superfriends. What's out there that would work as a springboard for a sequel?
    well, instead of the legion of doom, the justice league could face an invading army of parademons and darkseid's elite from apokolips.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

well, instead of the legion of doom, the justice league could face an invading army of parademons and darkseid's elite from apokolips.
    Alex Ross's take on the New Gods could be epic.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't think Alex Ross is leaving his exclusive Marvel contract anytime soon, and is still a little pissed at Didio for something. Not sure what. I remember Ross being a little miffed that Justice wasn't included in the All Star line (although, in retrospect, maybe he should be thankful for that)

However, if he were to come back to DC, I can see him creating a middle chapter bridging Justice and Kingdom Come about the encroaching darkness that would eventually drive Superman into retirement. That might be too depressing though.

I would love to see a big Alex Ross-driven JLA vs The New Gods story.