Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This may be heresy to some, but I never understood the appeal of Red Tornado. Always felt like a lame attempt to copy the excellent work done with The Vision over at Marvel in Avengers. Same deal with Firestorm to some extent. I prefer DC to play to its own strengths, not to ape Marvel, particularly with their flagship team-up book

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This may be heresy to some, but I never understood the appeal of Red Tornado. Always felt like a lame attempt to copy the excellent work done with The Vision over at Marvel in Avengers. Same deal with Firestorm to some extent. I prefer DC to play to its own strengths, not to ape Marvel, particularly with their flagship team-up book
    The YJ toon did a lot better work with Red Tornado than anything that had come before, and he was only the focus of one episode.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The YJ toon did a lot better work with Red Tornado than anything that had come before, and he was only the focus of one episode.
    I do enjoy Reddy in the context of being the 'adult' supervisor for Young Justice, but as a member, his reheated Vision shtick does nothing for me

Boisterously Confused

I do enjoy Reddy in the context of being the 'adult' supervisor for Young Justice, but as a member, his reheated Vision shtick does nothing for me
    "Tornado's Path" arc from JL (how many relaunches ago was that? immediately after the 52 event that followed Final Crisis) was pretty good.

Extraordinary Member

I wasn't the biggest Gerry Conway fan, but I thought the writer did a nice job in developing Red Tornado. Reddy adopts the little girl, Traya, and begins a relationship with Kathy Sutton. He also deals with an inferiority complex concerning his inhumanness and his usefulness to the League.

And my favorite Red Tornado story was the Tornado Champion/Tornado Tyrant storyline in JLofA 192 - 193.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Red Tornado was pretty awesome in Peter David's Young Justice.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

I liked it. Some of Alex Ross's artistic choices -- such as Cheetah's outfit -- bugged me a bit. And I always disliked how he excluded Firestorm -- and included Plastic Man in the lineup.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I love Red Tornado from YJ comic and show along with the Tornado Path storyline.

I do agree with you on firestorm. I'll never like that character.

"Tornado's Path" arc from JL (how many relaunches ago was that? immediately after the 52 event that followed Final Crisis) was pretty good.
    I did enjoy that story, although I thought the Red Tornado parts were the least interesting part

i would love to see this made into an animated movie.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i would love to see this made into an animated movie.
    I suspect that would be difficult to do well. Ross' Norman Rockwell Painting look is a key ingredient in the appeal (for those of us that like it) of everything he's done since Marvels.

You could make the story, sure, and even do so with good looking animation (most of DC's works of the last 15 years have been visually well done). However, and while I don't know a thing about modern animation, I have to wonder if Ross' look would translate to that medium. If it's too difficult to do well, I'd rather not see it done at all. But then, I'm a selfish prat.

I suspect that would be difficult to do well. Ross' Norman Rockwell Painting look is a key ingredient in the appeal (for those of us that like it) of everything he's done since Marvels.

You could make the story, sure, and even do so with good looking animation (most of DC's works of the last 15 years have been visually well done). However, and while I don't know a thing about modern animation, I have to wonder if Ross' look would translate to that medium. If it's too difficult to do well, I'd rather not see it done at all. But then, I'm a selfish prat.
    i just realized that the artwork might be near impossible to animate. same thing with kingdom come i guess.

but i sure would love to see the plot lines for those two on the small screen.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I imagine it's possible, but insanely labor intensive and it would end up being the most ambitious 2-D animation process ever done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I imagine it's possible, but insanely labor intensive and it would end up being the most ambitious 2-D animation process ever done.
    Doing it in 3D instead seems a lot more plausible.