Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

That was a great read.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Extraordinary Member

I love that the Phantom Stranger was a part of the story and that he is the one to save Hal.

How cool was this pic:

I can't remember specifically, but did they say that Giganta was actually an ape from Gorilla City? Also, was she created in the comic books, or on the Super Friends show?

Always believed that she was a villain for the Atom, but to who's rogue gallery would she belong?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I loved it. For a love letter to the Silver/Bronze age it's almost too serious for it's own good, but that's a minor complaint. The artwork is stunning and I love its takes on the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I can't remember specifically, but did they say that Giganta was actually an ape from Gorilla City? Also, was she created in the comic books, or on the Super Friends show?

Always believed that she was a villain for the Atom, but to who's rogue gallery would she belong?
    Giganta is a Wonder Woman villain, created by Marston himself in Wonder Woman #9. She has always been a gorilla turned into a woman, but she predates the creation of Grodd and Gorilla City.

worst villain origin ever

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    worst villain origin ever
    You mean worse than turning evil because you went bald?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You mean worse than turning evil because you went bald?
    How's that bad? I would straight up turn to megalomania if I lost my hair. I mean you would have no hair man. No hair!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I liked how Aquaman's powerset was expanded upon.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Honestly?

Don't recall liking it very much and can't even remember what it was about.
    I loved it but can never quite remember what it was about and so I get to continually re-read it and enjoy it over again. I think I'll do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Hands down my favorite Justice League story of all time! Loved it and you can’t beat the art. Alex Ross is just a beast.
    I have been a great admirer of Alex Ross' artwork ever since he teamed up with Kurt Busiek on "Marvels" (1994), and I have nothing but great appreciation for all the hard work and effort he put into his "Justice" mini-series. I especially love his rendition of the SHAZAM!/Marvel Family, they've never looked better...

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-21-2022 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

I remember thinking the art was gorgeous but the story was pretty shallow; it was trying VERY hard to show how "important" it was and it just kinda fell flat, at least for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I liked how Aquaman's powerset was expanded upon.
    Me too. I loved Aquaman's story in this book. They knew how to write for him IMO.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I love the fact that it had a very pre-Crisis feel to it. Especially the Jor-El and Lara statues in the Fortress. Got it for Christmas last year and it took me two days to read. I suppose you could see it as a precursor to Kingdom Come if you want to. Not sure if Ross himself sees it that way. The villain's plan was a bit overly complicated though.
    Assassinate Putin!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I love the fact that it had a very pre-Crisis feel to it. Especially the Jor-El and Lara statues in the Fortress. Got it for Christmas last year and it took me two days to read. I suppose you could see it as a precursor to Kingdom Come if you want to. Not sure if Ross himself sees it that way. The villain's plan was a bit overly complicated though.
    Well, since at least two of the villains were actively attempting to betray one another, that's to be expected.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    If I remember correctly there was also a companion book with quick origins of all the characters? Or was that part of the Treasury sized Ross/Dini books? I feel like it ties into Justice though, as that was the era they were celebrating.
    You may also be thinking of the file pages from the Batcomputer that were included at the back of most of the issues. Here's a couple of examples: