Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Nothing interests me
    Which is cool, because I can use the money to buy a few collected books already
    out there or soon to be
    Not sure why Super Sons is getting an Omnibus when the book could not even make it
    to 30 issues.
    I think there are two reasons for the omnibus: one, it's the format that makes the most sense - it's the complete series and associated books in one book, rather than splitting up a short series into three or four trades; and two, Super Sons didn't get cancelled because of sales, but because keeping it interferes with Bendis removing Jon Kent from the Superman books. It will have an audience.

Astonishing Member

Didn't anyone notice the cover of "Injustice vs He-Man and the Masters of the Universe". In its cover, we have the brainwashed Batman from Superman's Ending in "Injustice 2". Could this prove that Superman's ending is the canon one?

Personally, I believed that from the begining, because it's the one that shows the conflict will continue.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Was super busy, so I'm late on this, buuuuuut...

Definitely:
    HEROES IN CRISIS #1 - I like the premise, of both the story and Sanctuary, plus Wally is one of the main characters, so fuck yeah. I'm calling it: this story's gonna end with Sanctuary revealed to the world as a way of saying "it's okay to embrace these issues" or something. Also, murderer will be neither Harley, Booster or Wally.
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK #7 - Ooo, answers! I almost figured Geoff Johns forgot what those were! But in all seriousness, I've really been enjoying this series, and it's definitely come into its own in the last three or so issues. Also, no clue what the blue bug is supposed to represent. It's not a beetle, so not Dan Garrett... hmmm. But Alan's lantern being so prominent on the cover makes me think the JSA will be more directly addressed here, especially with Dr. Manhattan's motives being explained.
    ACTION COMICS #1003 - On the strength of The Man of Steel, it gets an arc, unless The Man of Steel's ending sucks.
    BATMAN #54 - Huh, random Dick spotlight issue. Um... okay. Also, doesn't seem like the wedding is followed through on. Ohhhh
    BATMAN #55 - Robinson's recent work has been pretty weak, plus I'm pretty much only gonna read 'Tec for Bryan Hill and the possibility of a new Outsiders series.
    DETECTIVE COMICS #989
    MISTER MIRACLE #12
    SUPERMAN #3 - "The Summer of Steel"? That's what we're calling it now? Whatever, gets an arc based on The Man of Steel, possibly losing it if that thing ends badly. Also, if Jon and Lois are inside the Phantom Zone... don't pad their return out, Bendis. Or leave it for later because you cbf to deal with them or Clark being married with a kid.

BATMAN: KNIGHTQUEST: THE CRUSADE VOL. 2 TP
    DEATHSTROKE VOL. 5: THE FALL OF SLADE TP
    THE FLASH BY MARK WAID BOOK FIVE TP - Fuck yeah! Man, these are coming out quick! Gonna be weird after next volume though, since that's when Morrison and Millar's trade comes in. But they better not stop! Especially since that trade will be collecting Chain Lightning, one of my favourite Flash arcs, and, with some alterations, a story that could be the definitive end for Wally (so long as Barry is also gone and we get a new Flash).
    THE SANDMAN OMNIBUS VOL. 3 HC - YES! I haven't even bought the second one, but something that was kinda annoying me was that I'd have to get the Death and Sandman: Overture OHCs. Also, I like that it has the same kind of binding and cover as the other two. The Sandman omnibi just look nice and fit with the series' aesthetic

Maybe:
    BORDER TOWN #1 - Sounds interesting, and I dig the art, at least on the cover (not sure if I could read 20 pages of the interior version of it every month)
    BATGIRL #27 - Like this suit better than the Burnside one (think I saw the artist say it's only being used in flashbacks though), and a new Batgirl writer is nice. Hopefully it's not just a fill-in and I can like Babs as Batgirl. Also, hoping SOME writer follows up on Babs mentoring Cass like implied at the end of Tynion's 'Tec run (unless that was meant to be Clayface, Idno, I just skimmed it).
    CATWOMAN #3
    DETECTIVE COMICS #988
    THE FLASH #54 - Depending on how Flash War ends. Plus, I'm just not keen on this various Forces. Just... no. I am kinda interested to see Barry work with Commander Cold though. Pretty sure he's gonna end up killed by the Rogues, however.
    THE FLASH #55
    HAWKMAN #4 - First issue was alright, so maybe.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #7 - Maybe. It's been kind of engaging but also kind of annoying, with almost as much bad Snyder writing habits as Metal.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #8
    SUPERGIRL #22 - Okay, if Kara's gonna be sticking to her regular costume and not that black thing from #21's cover, then okay. Still not a fan of Rogol Zaar though. Also, it's so weird that this issue is coming out the same month as Superman which also featured Zaar... and he's using his staff. And seriously, Dc, Zaar isn't a good villain; stop trying to make him happen! The only reason people might care about him is that he was created by Bendis, because being the guy behind KRypton's destruction is really old hat by this point.

WONDER WOMAN EARTH ONE VOL. 2 HC - I kinda enjoyed the first volume (definitely more than a lot of people I know), so... maybe.
    BATMAN: THE DARK PRINCE CHARMING HC - Haven't really heard anything about this. Apparently it's critically acclaimed, according to Dc, but that could be lies. Plus, comic reviews, so... yeah.
    BLACK LIGHTNING: COLD DEAD HANDS TP - If there's an Outsiders series announced or something byt he time it releases, I might read this just to see Black Lightning's new status quo.
    THE MAN OF STEEL BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS HC - Unless it ends spectacularly badly. Which is a possibility, since this is Bendis we're talking about.
    SHAZAM!: THE MONSTER SOCIETY OF EVIL DELUXE EDITION HC - I think I've heard really good things about this story. We'll see, I guess.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Cover sounds like the most self-insert fanfic-y comic of all time, and that's saying something.

Hopefully that gold kryptonite in Super Sons isn't there to depower Jon later. And still dreading the reveal that Jon is actually Dr. Manhattan in Doomsday Clock. Seriously, don't do it, DC!

I dig what they did with Scarecrow on that Batman: Kings of Fear cover. Not enough to actually read it, but I dig the cover.

Guys... you didn't have to remind us that Bendis and Gaydos created Jessica Jones twice in the same solicitation. We get it.

Even when it's a dancer dressed as Supergirl, I just love how Lupacchino draws Kara.

A new direction for RHatO? How about a new writer? Seriously, I'll give that series a go as soon as Lobdell is off it. Also, hopefully this goes better than his last new look and direction. Seriously, that leather vest hoodie thing was ugly.

And the winner of the "I actually stuck with my New Age of DC Heroes ongoing" is Kenneth Rocafort!

Surprised Batman: White Knight isn't getting a hardcover, at the very least, since I think it's pretty popular.

I like the idea of these Essentials trades is cool. A nice little intro to something. Even if that run of The Flash is notable only for art and Barry was boring af in it. The prices of these trades though... Idno.

Vertigo Constantine is a controversial character?

Super Sons omnibus... but it's not waiting for Adventures of the Super Sons? I get the feeling that DC are gonna do more with the duo, probably after they reveal that Jon is not Dr. Manhattan in Doomsday Clock. Like, it'd be weird to put this omnibus out and not have the final Super Sons thing in it.

I dig that Nightwing & Batgirl statue, though the gargoyle's direction is a bit... off. Like, is it pointing directly down? Do gargoyles do that? I thought they generally pointed outwards or something, which would mean the two are sideways. I don't know, I know fuck all about gargoyles, so...
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Super Sons omnibus... but it's not waiting for Adventures of the Super Sons? I get the feeling that DC are gonna do more with the duo, probably after they reveal that Jon is not Dr. Manhattan in Doomsday Clock. Like, it'd be weird to put this omnibus out and not have the final Super Sons thing in it.
    Jon won't be Dr. Manhattan. He's coming back older and edgier, so he can have the same relationship dynamic with Superman that Damian does with Batman.

Whatever gets done with the Super Sons in the future, it's not going to be with the Rebirth versions.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Jon won't be Dr. Manhattan. He's coming back older and edgier, so he can have the same relationship dynamic with Superman that Damian does with Batman.

Whatever gets done with the Super Sons in the future, it's not going to be with the Rebirth versions.
    Changing Jon Kent in anyway other than a look into his future, like we've seen of future Damian being Batman, would be a HUGE mistake. so naturally, this is what I expect Bendis to do.

Doomsday Clock
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Batman: Damned
    Nightwing
    Catwoman
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Batgirl
    Adventures of the Super Sons
    Batman Beyond
    Flash
    Last edited by daningotham; 07-10-2018 at 05:59 AM.

Wonder how many people are going to revise what they said now that we've gone through the whole Batman #50 thing?