View Poll Results: Will You Miss the Rebirth Suit?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 53.49%
  • No

20 46.51%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The New (Old) Batman Costume

King had talked about wishing that Batman wore more classic duds. It looks like they’re back by Issue #55- trunks and all!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Awesome.

Now if only it had the yellow oval.

I thought they were just coming back because Lee Weeks always keeps them. Weird .

It'd be kind of funny if Wonder Woman is the only member of the Trinity who gets to keep a modern costume, though we know Batman goes back to a modern suit during Doomsday Clock.

I like BM as he originally was intended. No yellow oval, no yellow outline. He's the Batman!

No. Purple is to purpley and its silly to obsess over underwear.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Would have rather had the oval than the silly looking trunks.
    Batman - Daredevil

Actually, unless he went with an all-black outfit, I felt Batman did really need the dark trunks to break up all they gray (which could easily look like he's wearing long underwear).

Superman's blue outfit was okay without trunks as long as it was a very dark blue, but Batman's medium-to-light gray needed the darker contrast of his trunks.

Hate the trunks, never want them to return, always hope they leave soon again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    No. Purple is to purpley and its silly to obsess over underwear.
    I didn't like the purple inner cape.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, unless he went with an all-black outfit, I felt Batman did really need the dark trunks to break up all they gray (which could easily look like he's wearing long underwear).

Superman's blue outfit was okay without trunks as long as it was a very dark blue, but Batman's medium-to-light gray needed the darker contrast of his trunks.
    This has always been my sentiment as well. The utility belt also looks a bit more out of place over a onesie, but more natural atop trunks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Their are many design elements that could enhance both their costumes better than outer-underwear. Might as well wear polka-dot boxers on their head too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hate the trunks, never want them to return, always hope they leave soon again.
    I feel the same way. I don't know how may of us there are...but I know the opposition is vocal.

Retired

Why can't they get back the classic utility belt? Always liked how Norm Breyfogle drew it. The pouch belt looks like an early prototype but surely Bruce would develop something more sophisticated, with miniaturization. We live in a time when you can make technology really small, but Batman's utillity belft has regressed and gotten fatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Why can't they get back the classic utility belt? Always liked how Norm Breyfogle drew it. The pouch belt looks like an early prototype but surely Bruce would develop something more sophisticated, with miniaturization. We live in a time when you can make technology really small, but Batman's utillity belft has regressed and gotten fatter.
    Hides his beer gut . . .

Hush era look is my favorite. I do like the Rebirth except for the purple on the inside of the cape.

Astonishing Member

I loved the New 52 look. The Rebirth look was fine, but I can't say I'm its greatest fan.

What we see here is basically the Year One/Post-NML suit (which I've always regarded as a kind of darker modern update on the classic Golden Age/early Silver Age suit). One of the most classic and recognizable Batman looks ever. And since Superman is back in his classic suit...why not good ol' Brucie too?

Of course, apparently this issue might have a flashback story which might be what the cover is alluding to. Still, having this look back in continuity itself will be a great thing!