View Poll Results: Will You Miss the Rebirth Suit?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 53.49%
  • No

20 46.51%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

It's an improvement, but I'd much rather get rid of Tony Daniel.

Batman has only been trunk-less for seven years or so. Was this a huge problem with fans before DC decided that it was sometime around 2010? I mean, if so, did ant-trunk Bat-fans grind their collective teeth at the site of the trunks, even while reading their favorite Batman stories?

I'd rather have the oval back more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Why can't they get back the classic utility belt? Always liked how Norm Breyfogle drew it. The pouch belt looks like an early prototype but surely Bruce would develop something more sophisticated, with miniaturization. We live in a time when you can make technology really small, but Batman's utillity belft has regressed and gotten fatter.
    I've always thought this but never said it. I'm glad someone else feels this way.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-19-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I liked the rebirth suit, but if this is really his new suit, I’m down. It looks a lot like the Year One suit which = best suit. #pouchbelt4lyfe

So, I picked yes, because while I think this look is superior, I was a huge fan of Capullo’s design. Especially, the purple in the cape.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 06-28-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Incredible Member

I would love the No Man's Land suit to return —— All black / yellow oval like the Keaton suit, but with the pouchy plumber's utility belt.

The comic adaptation version of the Batman/Returns suit is I think the best version of the suit ever done. Dunno why navy/gray has persisted as long as it has.

Speaking of NML tho, they've got to get Cass / that Batgirl costume into the DCU more. It's too good.

PERFECT. I prefer this costume with trunks than.. the rebirth costume.

This is better than add the yellow oval.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-19-2018 at 02:11 PM.

If we have to have the trunks on Superman and Batman can we at least get Aquaman a razor too?

Seriously hate his beard more than just about anything.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    Batman has only been trunk-less for seven years or so. Was this a huge problem with fans before DC decided that it was sometime around 2010? I mean, if so, did ant-trunk Bat-fans grind their collective teeth at the site of the trunks, even while reading their favorite Batman stories?
    Have you been utterly unable to enjoy Batman stories for the seven years he hasn't been with trunks? You can love the character and enjoy the story just fine without grinding your teeth just because there's one element you don't care for.

Retired

There was also a period in the 1990s when he went trunkless. I didn't think he pulled it off. Looked like he was in the TOP SECRET ballet.

The fact that he went back to the trunks at that time shows that Batman keeps changing his costume. So we shouldn't expect one look to last forever.

Yes, i think the rebirth suit brought somthing unique to batman's costume cabinet. My fave is still the new 52 suit, the way Capullo drew it with toned down details.

I like the post NML suit, but flashback or not, this is not going to stick around either way. Bruce will get a new costume, but it will be the one he wears in doomsday clock (more or less his inc suit, with toned down details and sans the cod piece).

Feh. I wish they would bring back the costume inspired by the Tim Burton films.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Feh. I wish they would bring back the costume inspired by the Tim Burton films.
    THIS.

All-black. Gold oval. But with the pouchy belt.

No need for trunks, or extra unnecessary lines on the body-suit.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    If we have to have the trunks on Superman and Batman can we at least get Aquaman a razor too?

Seriously hate his beard more than just about anything.
    He looks awesome with the beard and longer hair.

I like them all. *shrugs*

Finally DC is making costumes look classic and enjoyable to look at again.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics