Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Superman Family September 2018 Solicitations

ACTION COMICS #1003
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by YANICK PAQUETTE
    cover by PATRICK GLEASON
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    variant cover by DAVID MACK
    How well does Clark Kent know his own city? Are the threats targeting Metropolis new or something older and more dangerous than they seem? With mobsters being killed off and the Daily Planet staff hunting for answers, it’s up to Superman to discover what lurks in the underside of the city he thought he knew so well. Who is the Red Mist, and why has Superman never heard of someone so powerful and dangerous? And what is Lois Lane doing with Lex Luthor?

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS #2
    written by PETER J. TOMASI
    art by CARLO BARBERI and ART THIBERT
    cover by DAN MORA
    Kids today, amiright? What with their vaping, texting, emoji-ing and whatnot—never mind what happens when teen villains the Gang get their hands on Gold Kryptonite! That’s exactly what the young bad guys plan to do to impress the Earth’s biggest villains! Super Sons Robin and Superboy stand face to face with Rex Luthor, Joker Jr. and other psychos pulled right from your nightmares. The Gang has already robbed Superboy of his powers, and now they’re ready to reveal their grand plan!

SUPERGIRL #22
    written by MARC ANDREYKO
    art by KEVIN MAGUIRE
    cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    variant cover by AMANDA CONNER
    Who murdered Krypton? Supergirl and Krypto rocket into space, en route to the Green Lantern world of Mogo, where she hopes to find clues about Rogol Zaar and his connection to the destruction of Krypton. Instead, she finds whispers and cover-ups. What are the GLs hiding? And will they go from Green to Red when they find out she’s in possession of Zaar’s weapon of war? (Hint: yes!)

SUPERMAN #3
    THE SUMMER OF STEEL CONTINUES!
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    variant cover by DAVID MACK
    Guest-starring the Justice League! Locked inside the Phantom Zone, the Earth stands poisoned and its heroes lie dying, with no idea how to escape the deadly Kryptonian trap. But an even deadlier threat invades as Rogol Zaar teams with those who have been imprisoned inside the Phantom Zone to use Earth to escape, not caring if they destroy the planet to do it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I am so happy that kara is bringing Krypto with her in this story arc. I am excited about this new Supergirl book.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Things that popped out at me:

Action and Superman are definitely operating on a different time-period. I'm guessing the events of Action are happening sometime after this first Superman arc, but who knows.
    Lois and Lex working together? Interesting for a few reasons. One, it would seem to suggest Lois is home after the events of MOS. But it doesn't seem like Jon is. And Lex was supposed to be off-the-table for a while according to Bendis. Just misdirection? Or is this team up not long for the story?

Supergirl and Krypto! On top of a new, more Silver Age-inspired costume, Supergirl has a great traveling partner on her quest to find out about Rogol Zaar's history.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm already missing the double-shipping schedule of the past 2 years.

I'm torn on that. The extra content was nice. But at the same time I won't be missing the era from a story point of view.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm torn on that. The extra content was nice. But at the same time I won't be missing the era from a story point of view.
    Yeah, it's the same for me, the double-shipping is the only thing that I'm going to miss from the Superman Rebith era.

Bendis could produce 4 Superman comics a month, it's just that he's too busy writing 6 different monthly books. But, I'd like they'll go back to that format later, maybe.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-18-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I thought Bendis wasn't writing Lex? Interesting he's working with Lois, especially when he is a villain again.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Man, after double shopping and MoS weekly, it's going to be hard to go back to monthly.

Really interested to see what's going on with Lois and Lex. What's he hiding?

Also Rex Luthor. Always thought that would be his dog's name. Hah.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Nice.

* Don't wanna make the call on Superman and Action Comics taking place at different times yet, but it's a possibility. Funny that Bendis new big bad shares a name with Chris D'Amico from Kickass lol Love the idea that the Planet staff is actively on the case, that's cool. Interested in the Lois/Lex plot point. Glad to hear that even though Lex won't be a main focus going forward, Bendis knows that every great Superman run worth its salt makes room for the acknowledgment of Lex in some form.

* Love what Super Sons sounds like. I've missed the looming specter of gold K.

* I was already sold on the Supergirl book because of what Bendis has set up with the space politics, Maguire's art, and Kara in space, but now you're telling me this is my primary source for Krypto too? Yes please.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Covers btw

Action Comics

Super Sons

Superman

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I thought Bendis wasn't writing Lex? Interesting he's working with Lois, especially when he is a villain again.
    I mean his very first scene was set outside Lexcorp tower.When he talks about getting away from Lex I think maybe it's kind of a joke.

Well, I’m done with the X-Men (read the X-Men Gold #30 spoiler for context) so now Superman is my favorite. Excited to have more money to spend on Superman comics.

With that solicit, I’m really hoping Guy shows up in Supergirl. I’m probably not gonna read Adventures of the Super Sons, but everything else looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I mean his very first scene was set outside Lexcorp tower.When he talks about getting away from Lex I think maybe it's kind of a joke.
    I mean, Lex can still have a presence in the Superman comics (either directly or indirectly) without being the main antagonistic focus. That's still using Lex while very much stepping away from him. The main push for Lex's long term villain development seems to be in Snyder's hands for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I mean, Lex can still have a presence in the Superman comics (either directly or indirectly) without being the main antagonistic focus. That's still using Lex while very much stepping away from him. The main push for Lex's long term villain development seems to be in Snyder's hands for now.
    Bendis and Marvel did the same thing with Osborn. He got to show up in Spider-Man (and never as the Goblin), but Avengers was where he got to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And what is Lois Lane doing with Lex Luthor?
    The Watusi?