Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Bendis and Marvel did the same thing with Osborn. He got to show up in Spider-Man (and never as the Goblin), but Avengers was where he got to shine.

That was Bendis too, and well... at least I'm more optimistic about his Superman resolve, lol.

I'm torn between being happy to afford buying and reading other comics and having minimum 4 issues a month. But then I don't go to the LCS every week anyway.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Supergirl finally sounds interesting! Her and Krypto? Plus Kevin Maguire? Bring it on!

Astonishing Member

No Titans solicit?

Thoughts:

- Judging by the cover, I'm curious if part of the reason Red Mist is dangerous is because they have access to Kryptonite? Although Lex is also in the issue, so that might be more indicative of him. Curious to see Bendis finally get a chance to write Luthor.

- The Super Sons versus and inter-dimensional kiddy Legion of Doom. Okay .

- Looks like Zaar is going to be recurring antagonist in Superman, though I'm curious who he teams up with in the Phantom Zone what with Zod and family gone and Xa-Du not likely to play along.

- Supergirl and Krypto together sounds awesome, especially for more Krypto, although I'm a little bummed Krypo can't be on Earth with the Kents (even if most of the Kents might not necessarily be on Earth) and where's the love for Streaky ?

BANNED

Krypto with Kara, Jon missing, Lois working with Lex, yeah the Super-Family are well and truly split it seems, hopefully we get Lois' perspective on things. I've got a feeling Bendis may keep injecting mystery into these developments and not reveal them for months.

I’m a bit leery of making Rogal the focus of another Superman arc, especially after he is already the focus of MoS. I hope some Supes villains that haven’t gotten much use lately show up as PZ prisoners in that arc. Still it sounds interesting at least.

Action considers to intrigue. Red Mist is a lame name but we’ll see if Bendis can’t change my mind on that.

Supergirl sounds good for the first time in forever.

Super-Sons sounds great as always.

I'm guessing that after this initial arc to open the monthly, Zaar will probably escape or something. The story will move on from there but he'll still be a looming threat that hasn't been taken care of yet. At least I'd be surprised if he's defeated or even killed so soon, unless he's a red-herring type villain and there's someone larger behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-19-2018 at 01:19 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

In any case, I wonder how he loses his axe to Kara. Do they just leave him in the Zone after they get Earth out?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Zaar being around until the end of the year sounds like wearing out his welcome. I really wanted Superman to punch this fool and keep moving even though we've already known for a while that he persists after the mini series. I think that's the only problem I have with Bendis right now.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Zaar being around until the end of the year sounds like wearing out his welcome. I really wanted Superman to punch this fool and keep moving even though we've already known for a while that he persists after the mini series. I think that's the only problem I have with Bendis right now.
    To be fair, we knew from the start Bendis didn't' like how Superman's rogue gallery was so small and he wanted to add to it. Having rogal zaar only in the mini series, where he hasn't really even done anything yet would make him really forgettable.

The funny thing about that would be Bendis highlighting exactly why we don't see Superman enemies the same as Batman or Spider-Man enemies. If we see those two heroes in like, Coast City, it's a one off thing. So their enemies can just move somewhere else and it'd be too much trouble to track them down repeatedly and deal with them if they spread out, but for some reason they don't. You'd think they would take a chance at some other hero being oblivious to them versus right under the nose of a genius crimefighter. Superman doesn't have that limitation at all.

Zaar sticking around after murdering 99% of Kryptonians outside of the PZ and dominating the current arc is a little weird because Lex, the one who pesters Superman the most, isn't the genocidal rampage type. He's a bad guy, but he chills in an office most of the time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    To be fair, we knew from the start Bendis didn't' like how Superman's rogue gallery was so small and he wanted to add to it. Having rogal zaar only in the mini series, where he hasn't really even done anything yet would make him really forgettable.
    Superman has a pretty sizeable rogues' gallery. DC just chooses not to use it, or they give Super-rogues to the Green Lantern Corps. Which is where you'll see Hank Henshaw again in September.

And I've got a feeling Rogol Zaar is going to be pretty forgettable no matter what happens.

Not worried about GL using Hank again since Jurgens is writing it. I'm pretty sure he of all people knows where Cyborg Superman's home is. I'll start getting annoyed again if it keeps up even after Jurgens' run is done.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I feel like Henshaw would be better off staying in that prison Jurgens put him in at the end of his run. The reason being is that Supes has too many “Evil Supermen” villains: Zod, Eradicator, Bizarro (sometime), and Henshaw. Outside of Reign he doesn’t have anything particularly memorable imo. I’d rather see Supes oft neglected Rogues like Parasite, Metallo, or Livewire get some love. At least we know Zod’s going to be in Bendis’ run thanks to his Instagram posts.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Everything sounds solid to me.

I'll give these a spin.